main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Applebees vs. The Internet

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ezio Skywalker, Feb 2, 2013.

1. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2012
    and Applebee's is probably the lowest quality food a human being can ingest... youd be better off sucking on needles in the back dumpster behind a meth clinic in the Bronx...

the crappiest food there is.. its below Bennigans and should never be eaten by anything more evolved than a dog.

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Applebee's has great food.

This is a case of the customer not always being right.

NYCitygurl likes this.
  3. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Applebee's is claiming that such things are against its policies, which can supposedly be found in the employee handbook that it gives all employees.

Applebee's, I think, said that they can't reveal a customer's identity/info without consent. I would assume that the family that wrote the nice letter probably gave consent for their letter appearing online.
    Anyway, I think Applebee's is taking an unfair amount of public lashing for this. IMO, the public outrage should be more focused on the pastor. She's the one that started this thing and she's the one who's probably done this on several more occasions before this. Honestly, I imagine every waiter/waitress who's served her before has endured the same rudeness/disrespect. This was simply the only time in which her server did anything about it.

You know, this reminds me of when I used to wait tables at a Ruby Tuesday during college. Every Sunday we would get our dreaded "church crowd" for lunch. The reason why we dreaded them so much was because instead of tipping, more than half of them would leave us these little Jesus brochures on how to save our souls (which was incredibly offensive because on top of not making any money and having to tip out my assistant wait-staff from my own pocket, I'm not Christian).

I remember one time one of these groups gave me a fake $100 bill. On the flip side of it was a picture of Jesus. It was accompanied by a pamphlet advertising their church.

Perhaps these experiences are why I think that the pastor should be getting more backlash than Applebee's, because I strongly believe she's done this several times before.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    The pastor could spread some love by calling up Applebees and asking them to re-hire the waitress. It's probably past the point of no return, though.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  5. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    The pastor originally wanted the whole staff sacked and replaced.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yep. The entire restaurant offended God. Or something.

7. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    2 pages without a single Marcus & tom joke, you people are off your game.

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm sure God wouldn't eat at Applebees. Probably Chipotle or Olive Garden. That's God's food.