main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    lol of course not.

SSS, PK, whoever. I'd be perfectly happy if someone like ramza, Jello, Merk or any of the other mods just dropped by, put up the proper threads and bailed. They don't have to stick around.

Putting up episodes threads is something we should be able to do ourselves as a community, but I doubt we can handle it. It's sad that we need a mod to hold our hand like that, but we really do need "official" people to put up official threads.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It is too bad we can't designate a non-mod person to do this every week, but I think the rule that "it's not an official thread unless a mod does it" has been on TF.N since its inception.

3. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    That seems like a random rule. I've seen other forums incorporate the rule that it's "official" so long as it's the first thread on the topic. Seems to work just find so long as the mods are all on the same page in enforcing that rule and closing subsequent threads made on the same topic. I mean, the rule is already followed to some extent in practice. If I make a thread about aliens I want to see in S6 and then somebody the next day starts the exact same thread, theirs would be closed and mine would be left open for being first. I might not have an "official" branding next to the thread (which could always be added in at a later time), but it's still the de facto place to discuss that topic.

I don't see what would stop the same principle from working in regards to episode discussion threads.

4. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Not my call, I was just pointing out that the rule itself has been around for awhile, at least to my knowledge.

5. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Thanks heaps for your review. Now I want to see it even more :).

6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm really sorry about the Poll for "Shades of Reason". If its not put up by one of the other mods I'll get it up tonight or tomorrow morning.

I could have sworn I posted about it a little while back in here. I've been on vacation this weekend since Friday in, Longboat Key, FL. Truthfully I had not realized the friends I was going with were going to be a couple of fascists. I was only allowed to bring my phone with me. I've been checking the forum fairly regularly but its hard to use my mod powers and make polls with my lil Windows phone. Sx3 and PK are handling things. I miss tapatalk. I'll be back tonight.

Paparazzo,

What the hell is that imagine? All I know is I'm going to have nightmares tonight...

Paparazzo likes this.
  7. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    No problem Seerow, no apology necessary. I didn't know you were on vacation, enjoy yourself.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Fascists? Now that's interesting.
    I think it depends. Look at the season 5 thread, for example, started by Coric, a non-mod. And in Lit anyone can make a thread for comics, both individual ones and series-wide ones. Same with books, at least up until their release, when a mod makes an official thread and deletes the old one.

IDK. The various boards are all weird like that. Meh.

9. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    When I mentioned "official" threads, I specifically meant the episode threads and the Grade the Episodes. Those have always been started by mods, and any attempts by anyone else to start their own versions have been immediately locked.

Lit generally handles itself well, they don't have as many....."problems" as we do. I'm not confident that LACWAC is mature enough to handle it.

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    On the IGN boards, outside the general TOS rules, every forum had its own atmosphere and its own rules for the most part.

I rarely posted in Lit until a year or so ago so I wasn't familiar with their rules. I stand corrected.

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I've just been following 'tradition' I guess with episode and grade the episode threads. I'm the one who has been creating them because I'm normally the one most available to put them up as soon as we get official info and I'm excitable like that.

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    This is true. LACWAC doesn't have the best track record. Probably better than the JCC though.

13. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    It really is my fault. Serrow asked and I got distracted about complaining about my disappoints over yesterday's episode.

14. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Culprit discovered, Gamek. ;)

Paparazzo and CT-867-5309 like this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Did you all hear? I think there's some important game going on tonight or something.

16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    The fact that I can't go anywhere without hearing about some foreign sport event is what irks me.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Sorry Fanboy. We Yanks are a bit obnoxious about our sports.

18. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Lol, I never really think of Canada as a foreign country.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    He's English, Todd.

The UK is definitely a different country. Their bacon and fries taste a hell of a lot better than ours.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  20. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Fanboy's English? Coulda sworn he was Canadian. :oops: Sorry mate, or chap or whatever.

In other news, the stadium losing power is the most hilarious thing I've seen tonight. Better than gross makeout and knee-grope.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm not watching, but I'm LMAO at the Facebook comments about it.

22. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    I actually just remembered I have a twitter account. Saw this regarding the outtage from Aziz Ansari- WHOA WHOA WHOA. Is this power outage a Fast 6 tie in?? IS THE ROCK ABOUT TO FLY A HELICOPTER THROUGH A TANK?!!

23. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I think it's more hilarious that the power just went out.

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    LOL, This is to funny with the power outrage. I only just turned it on. Keep stretching boys. Oh well, guess the most important part is over. My mother called me just to tell me Destiny's Child reunited. I didn't remember who that was and got them mixed up with Aaliyah (The one who died in the plane crash). Pop culture fail Seerow.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    "Say my name, say my name..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.