main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Clone Wars Google Hangout

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TiniTinyTony , Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    That's because the Supreme Chancellor...correction...the Disney execs were watching closely to make sure only the "right" questions were answered.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  2. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Why do they do the boring questions?

3. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    So no character questions were asked at all?

Guess I just might have to make a trip to SDCC to get this figured out after all. I will find out when Oppo and Sly will show up one day, dagnabbit (the rest of my questions should hopefully be answered in good time).

In all seriousness, the spoilers for the next arc actually sound pretty interesting. I just hope we get something with a lasting impact. Even this arc, much as I loved it... still has not necessarily resolved anything yet, and for that I remain mildly annoyed (Mandalore is retconned so it can fit with the old EU again, more or less, but Maul still lives. I hope he lives so that Sidious can do some fun things with Talzin, otherwise I just want the guy dead again.)

4. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I thought it was pretty fun.

5. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    People ask the most dumbest questions like, "Will 3PO and R2 return?" or "Is Anakin going to turn more to the dark side before ROTS?" :rolleyes:

AkashKedavra_93 and Zabrak 2 like this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Wow. I'm glad I didn't bother with this. That's all I wanted to know about.

7. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    If people really want to have their questions answered, has anyone actually tried submitting fan mail? I don't get the impression that Dave uses Twitter or Facebook much except to post photos or news links (and even then I don't know if he's personally doing it). I'm not an avid Twitter user and didn't even know how it works until yesterday, but even in the G+ Hangout he even makes some sarcastic remark about being flattered that Pablo thought he knew how to use Twitter.

But then he also has posted photos of fan art he's received and he makes mention of some Satine fan writing to him during S2 and sending a response. So I don't know if he might actually respond to "snail mail," it seems like at the very least he has a higher probability of actually reading it - with the exception of when he's actually fishing for questions as part of a Q&A.

8. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Like, actual physical mail?

It has long been a LFL policy to immediately throw out fan mail without even opening it. This has been their official public policy for a very long time.

E-mail? A few EU writers have been known to respond to e-mail, and Sue Rostoni used to have a thread on the OS forums that she responded to fairly regularly. Don't know if any of the big shots at TCW respond to e-mail, or if any of the cast and crew are even permitted to.

9. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Filoni mentioned that he accepts fan mail that gets forwarded to him by his secretary (or whomever) back during his Brothers chat. They throw out mail that has unsolicited artwork, scripts, and episode ideas. But actual fan mail, I've heard nothing about. And like I said, he mentions accepting mail in the G+ Hangout and how he wrote a response back.

From his previous chat

Q: By the way, Dave, do you except fan mail at the Skywalker Ranch?​
    DF: Yep, Meagan gets it then it gets to my desk.

Seerow likes this.
  10. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I'm surprised, I seem to remember (perhaps wrongly) a message on the old OS that said they simply don't open fan mail.

I just found this:

http://www.lucasfilm.com/inside/faq/

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Oh boy, don't let the fanboys in the Ep. 7 forum find that out, CT.

OMGZ DEAR GEORGE LUCAS,

WHAT IS THE SEQUEL TRILOGY GOING TO BE ABOUT!? WILL JAR JAR BE IN IT? WILL BEN SKYWALKER BE IN IT? WILL IT OVERWRITE THE EU? WILL THERE BE SITH? WHAT HOT YOUNG ACTRESS WILL PLAY JAINA SOLO? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTIONS THEY ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT THING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

FROM
    A RAVING FANBOY

PS
    I LOVE YOU AND WANT TO HAVE YOUR BABIES

PPS
    THE EU SUX!!!!

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Todd: you forgot to mention Megan Fox .

Seerow likes this.
  13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I thought that was implicit when I said HOT YOUNG ACTRESS. :p Just a sort of all-encompassing moniker.

14. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Cool, lets start a letter campaign to get our questions answered. We'll want to make them sound like we're 8 to have a better shot at it.

15. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    The only time I've ever written fan mail was back in elementary school as part of a school project. I wrote to Universal Studios (not to Steven Spielberg or anyone in particular like that) about how they could do a Jurassic Park sequel (this was before The Lost World). I got a very basic response about how whether or not there was demand for a sequel would decide if there was going to be one as well as ironing out a good story. I was actually surprised how many people got responses. I remember wondering if the teachers just faked responses themselves, but then those teachers would just be jerks because some people didn't get responses. :p

I always just kind of assumed that 99% of fan mail just gets thrown away due to people not having time to read it.

But then again some companies/celebrities can be remarkably generous. Someone I know from another forum keeps an Arnold Schwarzenegger fansite, and I know he's posted brief recordings of telephone interviews he's had with Arnold (nothing as extensive as ForceCast, but he still took the time to talk with a fan who kept a very modest fansite), and he also had photos of himself with Peter Stormare at the premiere of Arnold's new movie. I mean, if someone wrote Dave and asked him to participate in a brief chat with LACWAC, who knows? You'd probably never get a response, and it would be open season for jerks to harass him (and so probably wouldn't be a good idea), but you never know.

If you want to try an experiment, I could always write him with questions and see if I get a response (though even if I did get one, I figure it could take months).

:p

16. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Here's the Hangout by the way guys.

17. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I applaud your encouragement. I don't really have passion to do it, but I encourage anyone who does to pursue their desires.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It seems like your best shot for getting any questions anwsered is actually with Matt Michnovetz and Brent Friedman's twitter and those two only know.

Dave has an open invitation to the LACWAC chat. Sure, I'll write him and make sure he knows that. LOL. I'm having fun just imagining how brutal that would get.

This is why I need to borrow a kid to take to SWW with me.

19. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Dude I already posted that on the previous page last night. Learn to check before submitting anything.

20. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I thought about sending him a "Timmy" letter once, just as a joke to see if it would get a response :p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I feel like we'd need to send him 1,000 Timmy letters asking the same question to get a response. That used to be what it would take to get CN to talk about anything. Hey, wait, you know what..?

22. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Not surprised that the video chat was kinda lame.

The comment about Echo is weird though, he's definitely dead but a flashback episode where he and Fives go on a mission or a mention of Echo would be awesome. At the time of the Citadel arc, neither Fives or Echo were shown on screen as troopers who should be ARC Troopers. Obviously Fives earned it in the Umbara arc but that was the next season.

Perhaps that's what he is talking about.

23. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I feel like Echo is dead. I mean, if he survived... How did he get off the Citadel? Where has he been? Is he all of a sudden going to be a ripoff of Christopher Nolan's version of Two-Face?

Echo might get a reference, and if he is shown enough love, he COULD come back (but I hope not, I don't want a repeat of Maul).

Filoni seemed to deflect that question back to Gregor, so I think that's all he was really hinting at is that we'll likely see Gregor again. Though he pretty much all but confirmed that already in the commentary for Missing in Action.

24. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Guys, we should all actually join up and send a massive e-mail to them with one question each on, but we have to make it stand out. I mean why would they just ignore any type of mail from fan? It's not like they're all big time Hollywood actors or singers, lol (Who I actually have gotten Tweets from before). But if they know that the e-mail is from the biggest online Star Wars forums in the world, do you think they'll read it? I mean it's at least worth a try right?

25. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    We should include pictures of Nic Cage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.