main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Nick Jameson, Sam Witwer, Ian McDiamirnd

2. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Sidious is the only one in Star Wars to ever show deformity from Force lightning (and of course many theorize that it wasn't the lightning that deformed him at all)

3. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Yes, that's what I was getting at.

4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    The hiccup is, he's the only one to get it back off a lightsaber. It's not completely crazy that that would've been amplified somehow. Plus it was basically point blank range, and directly to the face.

5. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    I always enjoyed the "Force masking" theory myself. I always preferred the idea that the dark side was so strong with Palpatine, it had been decaying his body, and of course using that disfigurement to his own political advantage is something he'd definitely do.

As for lightning scarring, there is actually one other example I can think of, but it wasn't really the lightning. When Revan fought the Sith Emperor, he was left with a scar on his face, but if memory serves, it wasn't the lightning that did it, but the lightning heating his mask enough to leave a mark on his face. Ouch.

6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Also, Plagueis mentions how lightning can deform the victim, but he says nothing about this being dependent on reflection by a lightsaber.

7. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    I too have always followed the force masking theory, as it just adds a bit to his character, even if it seems a plausibility stretch.

But what hints do we have that this upcoming arc could be the exit for Ashoka? I really, really want it to lead to some major change just as this current one did, but I remain skeptical that we won't be back to status quo by the end. (Though I do know Filoni claimed the arc would have a major revelation)

Having said that... Tarkin being involved highly is interesting, very interesting. Especially given the anti-Jedi sentiments. And even more-so given his recent letter to the chancellor regarding the droid arc's events. Given that he now sees the Jedi as incompetent, I have little doubt that he will push for Ashoka's guilt in the upcoming arc when events mounts to suggest that one of their own committed an act of violence (An act with Sidious no doubt had at least a slight hand in, as it plays out for him oh so well).

General Immodet likes this.
  8. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Anakin: "Ahsoka, you're the Chosen One"

9. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    That's hardly a revelation now, is it?

GGrievous likes this.
  10. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    See now the Return of the Jedi: Ultimate Edition 3D, complete with CGI Ahsoka inserted onto the Death Star where she kills Palpatine at the bottom of the reactor shaft (which, as we all now know, long falls do not kill Sith Lords; see Darth Maul).

Cronal likes this.
  11. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I am glad Tarkin is coming back. There should be more episodes focussing on characters such as him.
    Glad the Maul episodes are over...
    Come on, they introduce Savage only to kill him off some time later on.
    I always thought he would become more powerful than Maul.
    The only purpose Savage served was re-inroducing Maul, that is it!
    I still think they should not have let Maul come back. His spirit could have come back, but that is all.
    Originally, Savage was the 'Maul' of TCW. They should have kept it that way.

12. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Best episode ever. Seriously, time to pack it in. There's no way they can ever top that.

How can you possibly top Darth Sidious going off on Darth Maul? You can't! It's already been topped by Darth Sidious vs Yoda. That was so freaking epic.

The only thing that could be better than that is an animated Dark Empire.

13. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I just saw it again, and I'm aware of the disparity between the episode and the book in terms of whether or not Sidious has something in mind for Darth Maul. If he intends to use him, I know that there's concern for continuity. I have a solution for this. Yes, Sidious does have a use for him. But it won't be in the field or as bait, like how Satine was bait for Obi-Wan. Bring Maul to the brink of death, then use him as a guinea pig in his attempts to learn how to manipulate midi-chlorians like his master Darth Plagueis did. Obviously, Palpatine's experiments won't succeed, but we might get to see a cameo of Maul floating in some sort of tank like Plagueis' experiments were.

14. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    So I wonder what exactly Mother Talzin was planning, and how what happened here fits into those plans.

If you think about it, Savage's life really sucks - does everything he can to protect his brother only to be forced to kill that brother, and then he winds up being electrocuted, shot up, and de-limbed (more than once if I remember correctly).

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  15. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Oh I would love, love, love to see that. [face_love]

16. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    That would actually be perfect, but no chance in hell.

17. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I don't expect the cameo mentioned, but I immediately assumed that was the very reason for Sidious preserving Maul. Then I realized how silly I was being for making assumptions concerning TCW.

18. Malachi108

Malachi108 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2009
    The episode was amazing, plain and simple. Badass Sidious, crazy lightsaber fight, ******-******g anarchy on Mandalore... this is all insane, yet awesome at the same time. Now, to continuity things:

Bo-Katan Kryze is Korkie's aunt, according to Episode Guide. Weird, I assumed she was his mother based on the episode. Guess there is a third sibling somewhere out there, huh? Which brings us to this gemstone from the Awesome Essential Guide to Warfare, Page 42:
    Jason Fry, you lucky in-the-know bastard! As a writer of tie-in material of TCW in general and Shadow Conspiracy specifically, you knew this all along, didn't you? Now, go and give me a Kryze among the True Mandalorians under Fenn Shysa ^:)^

Also, the Encyclopedia reveals that the red-armored guys are officially called the Supercommandos. Yahoo! I can't wait until somebo-*fry*-dy can retcon Spar into all this ;)

On the other note, I really like how the cadets from The Academy have aged. Especially the girls. It is very realistic indeed.
    [​IMG]

CeiranHarmony and jasonfry like this.
  19. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    We can't have Episode 7 without a villian. Thus they can keep Maul around for that.

20. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    CeiranHarmony likes this.
  21. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I was looking forward for the beat-down by Palpatine since the preview at Celebration. Certainly a highlight of the series.

Disappointed, but not surprised, that the character progression of Satine and Savage went precisely nowhere.

22. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    So if we go with JediAlly's idea, Luke's sondaughter finds Maul's petrified I'm talking the frozen kind of petrified, but Maul just being so scared of Palps he literally hasn't moved for sixty years works too body in a storage tank beneath the Imperial Palace and unknowingly sets him free onto the world once more. :p

23. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

Robimus, Zeta1127, GGrievous and 2 others like this.
  24. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Time to lock Filoni in a closet.

Meh.

25. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    I got around to watching the Onderon arc. First of all, I can tell these arcs work much better on being viewed as a whole than as individual episodes. That said, I liked it, for the most part. Very fun to see Star Wars urban warfare. The battle in the final episode was beautifully choreographed, and the characters, while very thin, were at least likable.

That said, it's not all good. Lux is in it, and he continues to be... Lux. In other words, he annoys the piss out of me. On that same note, I really couldn't buy the half-attempted love triangle (I'm really glad the warfare elements outweighed the Lux-Steela-Ahsoka thing). Also, the Jedi not interfering, but doing everything possible to interfere without actually fighting felt very contrived to me, but it did remind me of KOTOR, and I was genuinely glad when Ahsoka decided to step in.