main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Savage Opress

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fat_Rancor_Keeper, Aug 15, 2010.

1. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Just watched the episode.

I've known of Savage's death for a while now, I figured I would be prepared for it. But truth be told, I always had a spot for Savage, I always liked him. Rest in peace Savage, you will be missed[face_praying]

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  2. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    Again, though, if she could or did do that, why would their absence be specifically noted, and their corpses shown? There's no evidence that Talzin could or did actually revive any of her clan. Daka's reaction to Grievous killing that Nightsister in front of her certainly indicates she had no expectation that she could be revived. And if "the oldest and wisest among us" treated death by stabbing as important, it's safe to say it was.

Plus, from a meta-perspective, Massacre makes no sense as an episode if Talzin simply effortlessly resurrects everyone.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    RIP Savage. I wasn't expecting to give a **** when you died honestly...but I teared up. You may have been a villain but you didn't deserve to go the way you did.

4. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    Good riddance oversized Jedi-killing rambling machine

5. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    Goodbye Savage, we hardly knew him, you will be missed.

6. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Speculation here, but am I the only one who thought that Savage was plotting to turn against Maul? The way Maul put down Savage in "Revival" reminded me a lot of how Dooku was putting him down in "Witches of the Mist", and we all know how that turned out.

7. Fat_Rancor_Keeper

Fat_Rancor_Keeper Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 17, 2010
    Wow, I started this thread back in 2010 and appropriately I've returned to say RIP to Savage Opress.

Just finished watching the latest Maul arc......for me that was one of the most epic CW episodes ever.

8. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I didn't really like Savage so I wasn't too bothered to see him go. He deserved it to be honest.

9. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    I never invested any thought into a Mother Talzin magic creation overthrowing Liam Neeson's killer.

I wanna say it was Revival where Maul pretty much put Savage in his place and told him the master-apprentice thing, and honestly I thought Savage was content being Maul's apprentice cause he loved him like a bro.

10. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    He deserved to be born a slave and magically transformed into a monster?

11. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I knew this would happen. You all hated his ass when he was alive, but now he's dead you're all clamoring for a slice of the Randy fan cake. Pretenders. Disgusting. If Savage were here he'd be ashamed of all of you.

K'Kruhk, Arawn_Fenn, Seerow and 4 others like this.
  12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Savage was awesome, never hated him, R.I.P.

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Savage really was a tragic character- born to slavery an then transformed to magical monster and finally when he had some chance to be more important than mere tool (Apprentice to Maul who seemed to care him just a little bit) he dies.... But because of his transformation he hardly had any chance to return to normal/ be redeemed or anything... So better for him this way really- we could say that from a certin point of view he already died when he was chosen to be the pawn of the Talzin- who apparently only wanted to find Maul. I still think she is after Sidious for some reason.... R.I.P. Savage- you had your moments of badassery.....

14. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Oh Randy, you came and you gave without taking...

inspired by Quango

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh, dammit...

Now I need to crank up some 80s hair band music to get that song out of my head.

Seerow likes this.
  16. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
  17. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
  18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    [face_rofl]

She was a fast machine, she kept her motor clean, she was the best damn woman that I've ever seen...

19. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    removed because CT's are better

20. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    [​IMG]
    The pic is actually a pretty damn good portrayal of hidden pain, it's in the eyes. All it's missing is a single tear.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Seriously, nice work guys.

Those last two are pretty damn sad, in a good way. :_|

22. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Oh man, this thread. Even in death Randy could not escape being the butt of every joke. RIP Randy, your legacy will remain intact.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  23. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Of course I'm not thrilled to see Savage Opress go because he was my favorite TCW original character, but even so, I really enjoyed his death. I forget what thread I mentioned this in before but when the time came I had already decided I wanted Darth Sidious to be the one to kill him. Actually seeing it was epic. I was worried he'd be killed by a less reputable character and have his own reputation ruined. And then when his horns shrank back down and he tells Darth Maul he was never really like him...wow. This is a more interesting character than probably any PT character that wasn't in the OT. And this also makes my long term project of comparing Savage Opress' character arc to an evil version of Luke Skywalker's character arc in the OT a bit easier, if he went on to a third master or something it would have been really hard to keep it all together. Now I think the comparison will work out perfectly. He had a shorter life than I'd like for a character I loved so much but I can honestly say almost every moment of his life was picked out right. Like a Pink Floyd guitar solo, there aren't that many notes to it, but the notes used are selected perfectly and that makes it work.

RIP Savage Opress, most brutal and saddest Force-witch-magicks-infused Frankenstein of all time! The Force will be with you, always...

Seerow and QuangoFett like this.
  24. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    I hope Chris Collins has some influence on how the series ends. After writing the death of Savage (and those of Vizsla and Satine, both handled superbly), I have high expectations of what he could do with other characters.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  25. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Well said bro, I actually teared up. His death is so heavy. The spell that renders him a monster lifts. Savage always had hate but he had loved his brother. He wouldn't have been choking random waitresses if Ventress hadn't taken him from his village in the first place. He tells Maul he's not like him, he absolutely didn't choose the darkside. Then to finish off it off Savage dies at last with someone who cares enough to comfort him. I think Savage is the champ for best death in TCW actually. Savage is absolutely tragic. Wow... I kinda teared up typing this. BRB.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.