main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    You can season 5 on YouTube. That's what I do. You can see it in pretty good quality.

2. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Okey. Now that I have watched episode 16 I can talk.

Why are they so unfair with Obi-Wan? Every person that he loves and cares about most either die or turn to the dark side. All of them were either dies before the war, in middle of the war or after the war. Why could the staff give it a change? I would like to see some changes you know. Not that Obi-Wan are together with one or something like that, but that they are not killed right in front of his face! It hurts me and it hurts Obi.

laloga and serendipityaey like this.
  3. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    I agree it is hard to watch the exact same story played out over and over again - it's an endless loop of suffering, and I totally get the idea, the meaning behind it - but I got it after the first 10 times. I'd really love to see them try something different too! At least for the sake of writing something unique. But it's still probably going to happen. I totally know how you feel! Nevertheless, I think they did handle it well, here.

laloga likes this.
  4. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Yes, they did handle it well. I love that scene too. It just reminds me so much of when Obi-Wan lost Siri. They both dies in his arms!!!! =((

5. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I know, it breaks my heart as well! Too sad :(

6. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    At least we know now that it won't be more of those scenes. [face_sigh]

Let's change the subject a little bit. Who does Obi-Wan really love? Siri, Satine or Taria? This question confuses me sometimes.

7. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Sad and good memories never dies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Veloz likes this.
  8. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    That's a question without an answer. They were all written by different people and I don't think any of them paid attention to what the others had written. So it's all down to interpretation by individual viewers/readers. It means that we can believe what we want to on this one. Personally, I like the Siri story best but everyone can pick their own favourite!

It does seem that the writers like to make Obi-Wan suffer (as do many fanfic writers!) I guess that losing Qui-Gon and then Anakin isn't bad enough - people want to show that he has 'real emotions' and they use this kind of story to demonstrate that.

9. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    My favorite is the Siri story and the SiriWan FF. (Don't forget that ;) ) But that question just comes up at my head!

Yes, and many of us likes to read/see it. (unfortunately) [face_sigh]

10. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    What happened on Jabiim? I never got that. Obi-Wan was dead?!

11. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    No, not really dead! I haven't read it yet but apparently he was thought to be dead. In fact, he was captured by Ventress and tortured for several weeks.

12. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Ah! Now I know that.

13. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    I've just seen Filoni's commentary on the latest episode. He more or less says that the point of the story was to show that Obi-Wan has to be willing to lose what he cares about and release his emotions etc - and that it shows that he was a good Jedi. Personally, I had already picked this up from the movies, but I suppose they wanted to drive the point home...again!

14. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    I have already picked that up from the movie and the books, thank you! I don't need more of that! Let's just hope that they don't do it again. Because I hate that kind of scenes. It hurts!

15. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004

Yeah... the theme of the century. I get it. BUT - a big point of this show is to bring Star Wars to a whole new generation, so it just is what it is. And it is such a *complex* idea, it's hard sometimes to see it rushed over in quick fly by cartoon. But for what it is, and with the fact it's kinda for the younglings - I think they did the best job they could do. And I really appreciate that Obi-Wan does not say he loves her, though his caring, obviously, is evident. He is a very caring man after all.

I just feel you can really do the exact same thing without all the dramatics and easy kills, and upping the body count even more, and it will make for a much more emotionally rich, deep story, but that would probably take longer than a portion of 22 minutes :p

laloga and Jedi Master Kenobiwan like this.
  16. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Man, I sure felt bad for Obi-Wan in the Lawless episode. And I'll admit that I felt bad for Savage and Maul too. Good episode though.

Long read ahead:

TCW is probably moving to Disney XD after this season ends since Disney owns the SW franchise now. Frankly, I have mixed feelings about that. On one hand Disney has aired dark and edgy stuff before (Shows like Gargoyles and movies like Hunchback of Notre Dame come to mind), but, on the other hand Toon Disney/Jetix/Disney XD's S&P department is usually stricter than CN's S&P department. Shows like X-Men: TAS had some ridiculous edits done to it when the episodes re-aired on Toon Disney.

And I don't want to hear the whole "Oh well 90s action cartoons were more violent than modern action cartoons." That's a bunch of nonsense and an unfair statement because whether or not a 90s action cartoon or a modern action cartoon is more violent largely depends on the individual program. For example, X-Men: TAS is certainly more "violent" than something like Danny Phantom, but, Justice League: Unlimited (a 2004 program) has shown worse than X-Men: TAS has when it comes to violence*. And some of the stuff that Toon Disney/Jetix/XD/whatever edited out of programs like X-Men and Gargoyles is allowed in shows like Ben 10: Alien Force and Batman BATB. Eg: characters getting slammed into walls during fight scenes and glass breaking.

Not to mention Naruto: Shippuden was censored more on Disney XD at a PG level then the original Naruto was on CN back in '05. For example, CN allowed for the edited Naruto episodes to keep in some of the blood at a PG level while Naruto Shippuden on Disney XD could only show little to no blood at a PG level. It's stupid I know, but, blame it on the fact that there are no universal standards for TV ratings and that the standards vary from network to network.

On the other hand Disney XD has created Tron: Uprising which features characters being impaled, cut in half, etc at a TV-Y7: FV level. Granted, the violence in that show is loop-holed by making the characters computer programs instead of actual humans. However, if Disney XD allows Tron: Uprising to get away with stuff like that at a TV-Y7 level then hopefully they'll keep the violence in the TCW at the same level as it was on CN if the show does move to the XD channel. I don't mind that Disney owns Star Wars now and frankly if the TCW does move to Disney XD then they'll certainly do a better job at promoting the show then CN did. Because we all know that CN does not promote any of their shows unless its Adventure Time, Regular Show, and their live-action fare.

Just an FYI its not Disney itself that I'm worried about, but, rather XD's S&P department. But, I'm going to actually wait and see how the TCW plays out on Disney XD (once again if it does in fact move to that channel) before I give my opinion.

What do you guys think?

*Note: I am of course referring to action/fighting/fantasy type violence. I'm not trying to state that any of the violence in the cartoons I mentioned are realistic, graphic, gory, etc.

17. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    I read the comic once...and it really doesn't give much detail...just that during a long, very rainy war scene on Jabim happened, and during it Obi-Wan disappeared along with a clone trooper..they had been capture by Ventress adn Obi-Wan was tortured (the trooper was too, but Ventress wanted Obi to bow to her).

Anyway he escaped finally, after the Temple and everyone else assumed he was dead.

but Valairy Scot wrote an EXCELLENT version of the Jabiim story that filled in ALL the details... and it's a Siriwan (or becomes a Siriwan later). It's called "What the Heart Hides" and then followed by the sequel ...hm...don't remember the title right off, but it has to do with the heart also.

I can't say enough how good these were, I've read them twice. They are two of my faves and are the stories that cemented Val as one of my favorite authors.

18. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Val's Jabiim stories are excellent, and I would like to point out for the records that they prove who the REAL queen of Obi-torture is. It's not me.
    The man has enough suffering on his plate to give anyone a serious complex. And yet... I must admit.... I loved the tragic scene in Lawless. :_|=(( And I think that's how I want to die. :D

hlc88, FARK2005 and obimom like this.
  19. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    'Truths of the Heart' - beautiful amazing story. I want 10 more :D Perfect Hurt/Comfort!

20. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    That's such a great fanfic. I don't really like torture scenes usually, but they are so amazingly described it really grips you ^:)^

serendipityaey likes this.
  21. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    At least he doesn't go crazy and go to the Dark Side.

22. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    I think Filoni is being bankrolled by Sidious to make Obi suffer. yes,it will be nice to watch them on YouTube.but do they show them in full?

23. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    My vote's for Siri :D

Fantadtic (but sad) episode of CW this past week. I felt like giving Obi a big hug... then again, dont i always? :p [face_laugh]

While i would love for Obi to have only happy endings, i believe all of thiese tough situations he's forced to face only strengthen his character and help mold him into the incredible jedi he is (and will become during his isolation on Tattoine between ROTS and ANH). Tough tests, yes, but he's the one that's able to handle them. His role is to be a pillar of strength for those around him.

Valairy Scot and ruth baulding like this.
  24. FARK2005

FARK2005 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    Nah, Filoni just doesn’t buy that the reason Obi-Wan chose to live as a hermit on Tatooine was because he volunteered to watch over Anakin’s child and not want to draw too much attention to himself so as to not endanger Luke. Therefore, he is determent to drive home the fact that Obi-Wan chose to live as a hermit because he repeatedly failed to finish what he started, which hurt those who were dear to him.

25. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    star wars.com seems to be letting me watch the last 3 episodes on their despite living in the UK. I don't know if that is a slip up but maybe they've opened the site up internationally now, perhaps you could try there first and see if you can view the episode on there?

Honestly I hope you have something in mind to write with for Lawless because I sure loved your piece on Revival!