main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 5 [[(major spoilers & video clips!!!)]]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Trailer trickery, I'm afraid. The narration and context (and the fact that it is immediately followed by a shot of the Temple post-attack) suggests this, but pausing on the frame reveals it is definitely not the Jedi Temple in the background, and is probably the Scipio stock market building that is said to be attacked in the Clovis arc.

Darth Ibonek and TaradosGon like this.
  2. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Well if its ABC's

Adi
    Pre
    Satine
    Savage

That could give a hint Ahsoka , Hondo, and Embo survive but Hairless Harpy.
    Rex is most likely to live because if i recall the planet he was shooting on was Scipio.

3. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Here's a low-res version of a preview they had on the Google+ chat.

4. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    An enlightening clip.

Anakin's scholarly political theory emerges again, articulated with his trademark "lecturing Ahsoka" condescending tone. Apparently, political idealism easily blends into treason. It's best to be a political cynic like him and not end up like those darn starry-eyed idealists, Krell and Dooku. :p

5. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Interestingly, that meshes well with older EU material, where a band of Jedi refused to participate in the war.

Not suggesting the points are related, merely that it serves as a nice reference.

Oh, and Krell being namedropped FTW. Good to see at least some fallout from that, a bit of which I'm sure will play into anti-Jedi sentiments if word of it gets out.

6. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I hope there's more consequences to Krell than just dropping his name - how did the Jedi react and who told the Council? There's a lot of consequences; all we know now is that the Order is aware of what Krell did.

Seerow and Darth Ibonek like this.
  7. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Yeah, nice dropping of Krell's name there. And, you know what - I'm looking forward to this arc; I was a bit sick of Maul by the end.

8. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Like at the start there was a bit of Anakin's Betrayal theme from RotS there even if its alluding to the obvious of what will happen in that

9. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I was sick of him too. So annoying...

And the mention of Krell gives more weight to Umbara and its events.

10. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I don't get it, is Cato Neimoidia going to be in the next arc or does it come afterwards?

11. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    It will be the setup planet in the next episode... like Felucia has been. I hope that Cato Neimoidia appears longer and has more of the Separatists...

12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Is that the Jedi temple? Can't be. I'm guessing there might be a series of explosions like terrorist attacks. Interesting exchange between Anakin and Ahsoka about Jedi and the war. Interesting the populous could believe a Jedi is behind this. Great to hear Krell name dropped during that convo although its just a little to simple.I like the crime scene investigator droid. I wonder if this arc will be the beginning of long term fall out between Anakin and Ahsoka. I'm looking forward to this arc although I'm sad its over after this til season 6 airs whenever that will be. My main complain is that clip needs Rex tagging along with them. =b

13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    you sure? i thought Cato Neimoidia would be in the Clovis Arc

14. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I think that's good as it makes it more believable that people will support Palpatine when he talks about the attempted Jedi take over and murder attempt on him (even both of those were true that time) in RotS

15. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Here's the google Hangout guys!

16. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    LOL Dave looks like one of my old P.E. teacher with just the cap on.

I'm expecting the people to grow wary and distrust the Jedi. That has to happen. However its a stretch to put Jedi and planting bombs together, IMO. I'm assuming one aspect of payoff from the Maul arc will be mistrust of the Jedi because Obi-wan went on his own likely without any blessings from the council or senate or whatever. Then because people can't tell the significance of a red lightsaber vs a blue one like we can. Then we got Krell who was undermining the republic, a traitor, and murdering his troops. I wonder if he ever got any of those officers like Yularen is killed.

17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I think it will be another continuity mess - something in the Clovis arc will make the Federation leave and cause the Republic to attack as they do in the episode. Cause I do not see another reason for the Republic to attack the planet since last we saw Dod in great relationship with the Senate.

18. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    According to the Clone Wars Google Hangout, Cato Neimoidia is in the Ahsoka arc, and possibly the Clovis arc as well.

19. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    If we can get a good 5-8 minutes of it, I will be happy.

20. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    March 2 - September Something . Thats a long wait unless its in July.

21. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I am totally happy with a 10 minute battle. It should be long like that.

22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    should be longer then 10 minutes :p

23. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    If we see Nute Gunray with a new model (and Haako maybe) I'm fine with any battle on Cato Neimoidia- no matter how short it will be.... But we see clips of missiles and Ahsoka jumping to empty (?) Eta-2 - so I imagine there is quite a large skybattle there. Dodonna could also be nice extra- he is there in Labyrinth of Evil if i recall correctly.

24. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    I'm still wondering where Dooku's line "Everything you've fought so hard for will be destroyed." from the trailer will be.

25. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Do you refer to the Djinn Altis lot or to Sora Bulq's group, the latter turning out to be a sham? This episode does appear to provide acknowledgement of the existence of Jedi whose heartfelt ideals prevent them from joining the rest of the Order at the head of the clone army. If I'm not mistaken, this is a first for Clone Wars-era EU, and a much-appreciated development. In some of the episode descriptions, a specific character is referenced as someone who can help Ahsoka when she's on the run. This character, possibly the human woman seen in the trailers lamenting the Jedi Order's current situation, might be one of these anti-war or anti-Republic Jedi.

It seems that Anakin is purely strawmanning the hypothetical idealist Jedi who oppose the war or the Republic by conflating them with perpetrators of terrorist attacks and with Dooku and Krell. That's to be expected from his binary thinking. Yet more subtle foreshadowing of ROTS.

The incident on Cato Neimoidia which results in a Republic diplomatic cruiser filled with shocktroopers being blown up and Commander Thorn making a last stand might be part of the Clovis arc. It would certainly relate to the story of Clovis going undercover in the IGBC for the Republic Loyalists.