main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Clone Wars Google Hangout

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TiniTinyTony , Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Some have sworn up and down that Filoni is aware of "Lacwac." I've seen no proof of that. I can understand him being aware of the greater TF.N forums, but I don't know if "Lacwac" would mean anything to him. If he does, then it would be as simple as pointing out that you're from the "lacwac" community.

2. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
  3. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I knew he stole that name from us!

4. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    That crossed my mind :p

But that could also just be a coincidental similarity derived from "whacky."

5. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    So I didn't get the purpose of Google+ when I just accessed the link via StarWars.com's website and it took me to youtube.

6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Google+ did it live? The YouTube video was posted after the recording? Or was the simulcasted on iTunes.

LOL. WAC being named after a certain group crossed my mind. I'll stop there...

7. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I went to Google+ and nothing was happening. I didn't know what to do. I went to http://starwars.com/news/announcing-the-clone-wars-google-hangout.html and found the link for youtube and that's where it was happening live.

8. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I think Google+ is what hosted the video chat, which could then be viewed via Youtube, and questions were submitted via Twitter.

It was a very roundabout way of doing things and a way to advertise all three, I suppose.

But yeah, as far as telling people to go to G+ and RSVP, I didn't get the point of that (I honestly didn't even know what G+ was and had never used Twitter until the "Clone Wars Hangout")

The simpler EW chat that Filoni did for S4 was much more user friendly. And Filoni got to pick questions directly and answered more questions and better questions that time IMO vs. Pablo fielding the questions he was getting via Twitter.

"Did you destroy the Twilight so people would stop asking about it?"

And then Ashley and especially Matt looked awkwardly bored since there were minimal opportunities to say anything since it was just Filoni talking the whole time with Witwer chiming in here and there. I've got nothing against Filoni or Witwer, and I think Witwer is always in good spirits about Star Wars and is entertaining, but I just felt so bad for Matt.

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Matt is one guy who is probably missing the Clovis arc at this point.

QuangoFett likes this.
  10. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Glad I missed this. Looks like something I'd be really, really excited for and then really, really disappointed by.

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    You just in time to join our letter campaign however. Get your pens ready kids.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.