main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation What do your eyes want to see?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by ThatWanFromStewjon, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Right now, my eyes want to see the item I am busy downloading. :/

2. MaeveSkywalker

MaeveSkywalker Jedi Master star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    I would love to see Luke training new Jedi. That would be awesome.

DarthKreVass likes this.
  3. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I want to see what looks like a live-action fully-rendered version of the best The Clone Wars has offered. The level of action and cleverness in the fight and battle scenes, the right amount of references to the classic STAR WARS material without rehashing so many set pieces, masters and apprentices, resurrected characters (but that should be expected in what is essentially the EU comic book version of SW) and a tolerable pacing where intense and dramatic scenes don't go on too long or feel too short. That seems to be a good middle ground between the style of the Classic Trilogy and the better aspects of the technology and the potential of the Prequels. When watching the show, I'm often wishing what I'm seeing could have been in the Prequels. I want to meet new interesting characters and wonder what happens with them just as The Clone Wars has introduced or elaborated on characters like Ahsoka, Cad Bane, Ventress, and others, and the Mortis stuff.

4. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I want to see how long it takes for JJ Abrams to destroy the Milenium Falcon. He already destroyed Vulcan *and apparantly the Enterprise* I doubt he can resist the Falcon.

5. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    real environments again. I don't mind cg, I just hope it's used in a way that I don't notice it as much. I'd love for them to use some performance capture stuff for some aliens. Get Andy Serkis in there.

6. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    I want to see them heading in the direction of Isengard.

7. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Force Ghost star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    Ah but Claire I would actually like to see that. The only way Han can go out is in a blaze of glory...and the only way I see that happening is in the Falcon.

Alone.

Chewbacca is left behind to fight another day.

Personally, I would love to see the big three back for one last hurrah...whether they survive or not is not important, but I would love to see them all come back for 7. Of course, I want come Chewie, and I think it's a given that R2 and 3PO will be there.

8. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    Regarding the idea of Han dying, I can definitely see it happening. It's easy to envision Luke as an old Jedi master, or Leia serving some political role in the New Republic, but I think a rogue like Han might be somewhat out of place without an establishment to rebel against. I can easily see him being the Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan of this first installment, the mentor that dies and motivates the younger protagonist into action.

Anyways, some things I want to see...

-New planets with terrains we haven't seen before
    -Practical effects and real locations
    -New twists on our perception of the Force.
    -Iconic new musical themes
    -A look and feel that's more like the OT than the Prequels
    -Cameos from OT characters without it being too forced (but I definitely think there's room for the big 3, the droids, Chewie, Lando, maybe even Wedge, Mon Mothma, Ackbar in the background)
    -A storyline that doesn't feel tacked on to the frst six, but rather makes us see all nine films as one story arc that makes sense
    -Interesting spins on lightsaber duels (how about a zero- or low-gravity duel?)

9. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    Finaly, these guys in action:
    [​IMG]

Maybe as an Faction of the fallen Empire.

But the Problem is: there is so much i want to see since i saw the original Films for the first time.

10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I hope to see characters from the WEG RPG, anything from Lifehold and Purr to Platt Okeefe.

11. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Mark as Luke, doing this...

(the first bit)

*Girly fangasm*

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    My eyes want to see what my ears can hear.

13. furcifer

furcifer Jedi Master star 2

Jun 30, 2004
  14. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    Sith, and alot more than only two!!
    Sith VS Jedi battles on the scale of LOTR size.
    Look at the CGI trailers for the SWTOR game....that's the quality and epicness I want to see.
    Female Twi'leks in action.
    The darker, seedier sides of Coruscant.
    New Technology and Super Weapons.
    New Bounty Hunters.
    Jedi/Sith who hold their light sabers backwards when fighting (alternate fighting styles...like Ahsoka)
    The Holonet new feeds

Eva Green MUST play a dark character!!!!!! She is perfect for the part.

15. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    A good Star Wars movie. Not trying to be a smartass here, but that's really all I can say.
    As long as it's a good movie in the end, I'm happy.

16. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    1. New, relatable and interesting heroes that aren't overshadowed/put in the back in favor of giving the OT cast something to do. The new cast should be the prime focus.
    2. A intimidating, NEW *that means not mentioned in any other movie. I want to be suprised and have something to speculate over rather than already be able to already understand their motives, origins, ect* and scary *not just in looks but you actually are scared of what they will do to our protagonists if they are in the same room* antagonist.
    3. Space battles that we can understand whats going on. I dont really want a crazy big battle where we don't know whose who and is just a bunch of CGI everywhere
    4. A story that isn't too burdened by originals to the point where its too afraid to do anything new/daring out of fear of pissing fans off. Go out there and be daring!
    5. Lightsabers that DONT look like ballet routines
    6. More practical effects. Or at the very least a better blending of practicality and CGI.
    7. No more damn comic relief/Toy-made characters *you know ones whose only purposes are to sell toys*
    8. NEW characters/planets/ships! Other than the OT 4 *chewbacca is included here* and maybe Obi-wan I dont want them to bring back characters just cause they might be alive *so no Mace or whatever*. Bring us new characters. No need to recycle ones just cause fans are familiar with them. The sequel trilogy is a perfect opportunity to make Star Wars fresh and new. It doesn't need to recycle old stuff *other than the Falcon. We need the Falcon*
    9. Just a good film. I don't want it to become like Kingdom of the Crystal Skull *both films are sequels made YEARS later and both involve a Original series cast who are well past their prime that its kinda depressing. And sadly KOTCS disappointed a LOT of fans despite a lot of stuff looking good. Ya got a good director, good writer, Harrison is back, and Lucas is just working on the story*.

DARTHSHAME and The_Hellhammer like this.
  17. DARTHKANISS

DARTHKANISS Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    I want to see the old cast return...

18. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    I like all your points. The enemy must be iconic. I want Disney to invent new planets and even races (Although, I do want to see Corellia, Korriban, or Dromund Kaas). I want a dramatic story, nothing too kid-like.

19. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    If Disney can create a story that is both mature and deep yet easy to understand *nothing WAY too complicated* then we're good. The villain is the hardest thing to do cause nowadays *outside of Joker and maybe Loki* we havn't gotten many new iconic villains. Star Wars is a perfect chance to create a new iconic villain but its definitly challenging *more so than creating a new hero cause a hero isn't good without a good villain*. As for the new planets/such, I wonder if Disney can do the impossible and make a film that is both old and new at the same time. It has the same look/feel/certain familiar things yet is also brand new and has things we havn't seen before. Thats definitly a hard task.

20. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Chewie should have some grey streaks.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  21. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    Agreed. Creating a new iconic villain will be easier said than done. If it is a force user, he or she should have some unique trait that sets them apart from the past sith/dark jedi. I am thinking that the motivation or philosophy has to be different. He/she should also have a different force power/fighting style that immediately conveys the impression that they will be tough to beat.

22. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah the last thing I would want is a rehash of Vader, or whatever *that also includes no ressurecting people/saying they never died*. Time for new villains rather than jsut bring back characters we are already familiar with.

23. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I'd like to see a Rancor fight an AT-ST , I think that happened in one of the books .

24. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    The hilariously unlikely series of events that leads to something like that happening would be the stuff of legend.

25. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    I want to see the hyperspace jump from inside the cabin of the ships back from the OT. They were not used in the PT and they were sorely missed...