main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

''I have other uses for you''

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthTalgus, Feb 3, 2013.

1. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    They did. At least for a little while.

Esg likes this.
  2. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    coughcough*Venamis*coughcough

3. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    Agreed. She should have died with the rest of her clan back in "Massacre".

4. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't see Maul testing Dooku. If Sidious wanted to test Dooku, he could have sent Dooku to Mandalore. But Sidious went himself because he had plans for Maul that presumably Dooku isn't supposed to know. Trying to hoard the ability to cheat dead would be one such potential direction that would fit that criteria. Sidious made it clear that Maul has no place amongst the Sith and had been replaced, he then proceeded to delightfully torture Maul after he ceased to be a threat, just for the sheer joy of it. Nothing he said really indicated that Maul was going to get another chance. Like Starkiller, it seems like he's just going to be a temporary tool to be cast aside, not a contender for the position of Sith Lord.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  5. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    How can Maul's story ever top taking over Mandalore with his barely trained brother? Nothing left for him. AND... How does Dooku not know about this?

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  6. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I would *think* that he knows about Maul, but even that is uncertain (unless the books shed light on it). But as for Sidious neutering Maul and using him for his own ends, I wouldn't think that Dooku would know that.

7. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    What I meant is, if the Pykes can find out...then Dooku better know about Mandalore.

V-2 likes this.
  8. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I've been disappointed that Dooku has been absent from ALL of the Maul stuff... aside from sensing the sinisterness of it. But since Maul made it through this season alive, I'm hoping Dooku will get involved in the Maul/Talzin stuff next season.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  9. 16AndPregnant

16AndPregnant Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    I agree with this and I don't have watch the show. I don't think Dooku should be the one to kill Maul, if he even dies at all.

10. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Then who would've restored Maul?

11. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003

IMO they should never have "restored" Maul. Savage could have found him and Maul could have GRADUALLY began to become more coherent and ease back into his intelligent self. That Talzin can just pull some black goo from Maul's head and restore him in two seconds really takes all the consequences of being insane for 10 years out of the picture too quickly, especially if she's just going to mess with him and give him the capacity for compassion when he initially had none.

12. Why_So_Serious

Jan 27, 2013
    Ideally? No one. ;)

Failing that, Savage, Dooku, a medical droid, a psychologist, etc.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  13. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    You know, I wonder if what we saw in The Lawless with Obi-Wan trying to tell Maul he understands his past might lead to a Ventress/Obi-Wan "Obsession" deal, with Obi-Wan seeking to redeem Maul if at all possible. Obviously, he will fail, but it would add great character development between the two.

14. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    "So Maul, how do you feel today?"

"REVENGE! KENOBI!"

"Well, that's okay. These feelings are natural. But let's try to work our way through them today."

:p

15. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    So... as far as Obi-Wan and Maul know, the Nightsisters wanted Maul to turn to the Dark Side. Darth Plagueis established that Maul was given to Sidious by his mother who wanted a better life for him and Talzin was angry that this happened. So then Talzin wants Maul back and has for some time and apparently gives Maul some capacity to feel compassion for his brother. Meanwhile, Talzin is sitting in a depressing ghost village by herself surrounded by the decomposing bodies of her clan...

I'm completely lost as to how they are going to spin that into something coherent.

The fact that her restoring Maul to serve as Savage's master has culminated in another dead clan member and handing Maul back to Sidious again.

I feel like this is over-reaching to the point that I'm going to be banging my head against a table when they try to spin all this into a sensible plot. Never mind the complication that is added by Sidious having his own plans for Maul.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  16. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    I think it’s obvious, he’ll be the next ventress, and will get killed by Obi Wan. I mean, Ventress is already of the CIS side, and Obi Wan needs to kill Maul again, or else we will have some very confused average movie goers.

17. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    They should just make it that Talzin didn't expect Sidious to step in so early.

18. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Hatstand
    Mug tree
    Key tidy
    Maul hand ashtrays
    Carbonite wall sculpture
    Tailor's dummy
    T-shirt/hat model for eBay

19. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Killing Ahsoka / Talzin/ Ventress.

Sitara and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  20. Why_So_Serious

Jan 27, 2013
    Dunno. My personal preference is that she has completely lost control of the situation, but if she left Dathomir to try and do something about it, she'd lose the bulk of her power until she returned.

D. All of the above.

Sitara likes this.
  21. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    CT-867-5309 is probably the closest to the mark, IMO. When Sidious said, "Don't worry, I'm not going to kill you", the line was just dripping with sarcasm, implying that whatever he has in store for him is worse than death. Do you guys seriously think Sidious was just being the honest, merciful, grandfather-type when he said that? [face_laugh]

Obviously Maul will probably escape Sidious' clutches (lots of unanswered questions between him and Talzin), but as for Sidious taking Maul back into the fold as an assassin or Sith apprentice? I just don't see that happening unless there's some major plot twist.

eht13 likes this.
  22. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Corvax855 Maul will only escape if Sidious wants him to escape. This is Sidious, he's not just going to let Maul break free.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  23. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Hmmm... I think the line this thread's title pays homage to was not just about Maul but Mandalore as a whole. Sids was looking at the bigger picture and has a plot how to include the big snarl going on, on Mandalore thanks to Maul into his big plan. Maul will be left in charge of Mandalore, behind the curtain with Sids having beaten him into submission. I predict the Mandalorian plot line will continue. It will be used as a front to undermine the Jedi. The republic is going to probably invade Mandalore at some point and things are really going to go from bad to worse. Maul may simply just have been kept alive to remain a wildcard OOU.

24. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Mandalore now should be used as a reason the Senate voted for an Empire, I think. Mandalore was neutral, the Republic go in and restore order. This causes the Senate to vote to ignore neutrality, if the Republic wants to secure your planet, they're securing your planet, you get no say in the matter.

Thus one step closer to the Empire.

Seerow likes this.
  25. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Use his DNA for the Maulkiller..lol

CT-867-5309 likes this.