main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation The Redemption of Jar Jar Binks

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Buddha Fett, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Doug625

Doug625 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2012
    just the mention of Jar Jar in this thread has me looking for the area on this forum for reporting offensive material. No more jar jar, ever!....although an opening decapitation scene might be enjoyable

DarthKreVass and Dra--- like this.
  2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    FRAGWAGON and Count Yubnub like this.
  3. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    What about an ancient Jar Jar, having served the Rebellion loyally? Maybe it was HE that helped the Bothans get those Death Star plans. Perhaps it was JAR JAR who fed Porkins that extra helping of pie at mess hall? JJ Binks was there for it all, bee-yotches! Was he in disguise in Jabba's Palace? Was he making ice cream in Cloud City???? Deny not the Binks!

4. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Vader was hated in-universe, not by the audience and fans. His redemption cannot be compared to someone who is hated as a character outside the context of the movies.

The abomination that is Jar Jar should never have made it past the drawing board, much less into a final cut of anything.
    There is no "redemption" for him, just keep him and characters like him (I'm looking at you idiot TCW pit droid and frog colonel) away from SW in the future. For ever.

5. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I say keep Jar Jar *and most of the prequel characters outside of Anakin and maybe force ghost obi-wan* out of the sequel trilogy. I dont get why soo many fans want to bring back prequels characters into the sequels. Time for new characters *scary right*. Plus if Jar Jar was in it *which he wont*....JJ would just kill him cause thats what JJ does. ;)

6. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    Well, he could redeem himself by absorbing blaster bolts that were meant for Luke. Lol

Doug625 likes this.
  7. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    How 'bout him being shot into a sun. I mean, his body might come back somehow, ya know? (e.g. Maul)

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I agree with all of the naysayers who do not want to see any characters who appeared in the Prequels show up in Episode VII. So, definitely no Luke or Leia...