main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The SWC Senate - Aflame

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Sinrebirth , Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    OOC: Sorry for confusing everyone, if I did. :p

2. Darth Aiser

Darth Aiser Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2006
    OOC: Hey we all have our first time at something and we make mistakes or word things bad, but you learn.

3. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    Regardless of all accusations, I'm denying the committee requested. The winner would not be changed in any situation named, and bar a few votes gained or lost for each side, the result would remain the same.

I apologise for any supposed discrepancies or misunderstandings following the rules I presented. However questions and concerns should have also been brought up sooner rather than later, as voting could have been tweaked to make it more understandable and less confusing.
    Again, I apologise for any confusion that has arisen.

And finally MandoBones , and Adrian the Cool
    You have one day left to vote, the 4th of February is the cutoff.

4. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    the rest of my posts are IC

*moves forward in my pod after listening to Senator Alaagar tassle*

before congress has started senators of the Rebels are moaning about unfairness and conspiracies,

I urge senators not to deny the right to vote on any senator, after all, you are fighting for a democracy..right..?

*moves pod back into the Anaxes post*

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  5. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    The esteemed Senator of Bespin concurs with current Chief of State, and fully supports her.

6. Darth Aiser

May 26, 2006
    My support for the current government, is already known...

7. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    When is the cutoff time?

8. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    Whichever comes first: Until 21:30 February 4th, or every Senator has voted.

9. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    what's the current Tally?

10. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    CURRENT VOTING STANDINGS
    Does not contain aalagartassle's VC vote, as it is ineligible for this count.

Bolded are the leaders in each category.

Chancellor:
    Admiral Volshe: IIIII IIIII II (12)
    Jedi Gunny: IIIII I (6)
    Skywalker_T-65: I (1)
    Sistros: I (1)
    Bardan: II (2)

22/24

Vice Chancellor:
    Sistros: IIIII IIIII II (12)
    Aalagar: IIIII I(6)
    Rainbow Knight Star: I (1)
    Admiral Volshe: I (1)
    Gunny: I (1)

21/24

Speaker:
    Chewbacca89: IIIII IIIII I (11)
    Bardan Jusik: II (2)
    Skywalker_T-65: IIIII I(6)
    Benknobi1: III (3)

22/24

11. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    Well, i think we (Imperials)win by default.:cool::p:p:p

General Immodet likes this.
  12. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Here's my vote.

Chancellor: Jedi Gunny of Ryloth
    Vice Chancellor: Rainbow Knight Star
    Speaker: Bardan_Jusik

13. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    OOC: As Bardan and Sistros have spoken, it's just a game. I play it like like a rebel. I may be the first assinated by that probe droid thingy. My chahratcer is a politician from Muun who is doggedly. The senator will find the discrepencies and as you know Muuns; they hate discrepincies. This is called aflame and aflame it is.

IC:
    ***Steps to the podium**** Sistros, I am not fighting for democracy, I speak for Muunilinst and want to to have accountable governance galactically, that is a An Emperor, Triumvirate and senators debating and deciding to pass laws for the long and short term. The Emperor is not dead, his laws still exist. I intend to uphold them.
    I will always hold the new government accountable for their actions. No laws have been rescinded from the bombings a year ago. I understand the Imperial faction wants absolute rule, I am here to convince others that absolute rule will confine the discrepincies and sweep justice under the table. There is great foreboding in these actions. So again I ask the esteem senators to think about the choices you have made.
    To the Chancellor .***Bows*** Why is my vote inelligible? I ask The supreme Chancellor personally, why the right to vote has been stripped away from me when I have not done anything wrong in rules or law? Didn't your own Vice chacellor proclaim that he wishes that every senator the right to vote? Please provide myself and the senate the exact time and quotation that you made it a rule that I cannot vote for myself and that rule must be followed. Otherwise gerrymandering will continue and left unchecked will grow.

14. Darth Aiser

May 26, 2006
    You voted for yourself in the VC slot.

Your vote for Chancellor and Speaker were counted...

15. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    *steps up in the centre of the Senate*

Post number 100, Senator. I stated I could not vote for myself, and as you see the entirety of the Senate followed my lead and did not vote for themselves. I set a boundary, however simplistic it might be or seem, that 22 of our 24 Senators followed.

Your vote will be counted when it is put towards a Senator that is not yourself. As you can see from the tally, your vote has only been nullified in the category of Vice Chancellor, for it did not follow my suggestion of no self-promotion. As I said, you are welcome to vote for a different candidate, and your vote will be counted. Every Senator has been given the right to vote, within the set perimeters. You yourself even followed those rules initially during nominations, you did not submit a nomination for yourself.

And should you feel the need to argue that all Senators should be allowed a self promoting vote, rest assured that the results have been simulated already, and the winner would again not be changed.

And finally, there is no gerrymandering taking place, I assure you. The people themselves have voted, we have not taken power unjustly. Though there may have been confusion initially, everything has been clarified as of now. If there were major issues earlier, they should have been brought to my attention.

I respectfully ask that you resubmit your vote for Vice Chancellor, so it can be tallied.

Thank you.

16. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    ***Hovers up to the podium, gears coughing and struggling with the amount of times Aalagar seeks clarification****
    Supreme Chancellor At post 100 as a senator Admiral Volshe you said that ((seeing I cannot vote for myself :p)) ***Chuckles*** do your brackets make it law or is it the smily face? I have to say I am still perplexed, you vouch that because you have voted a way that everyone should vote your way. Many senators may well have voted in that mannor but not all. I ask you this? Are you the Emperor and dictate it to everyone that your word is rule? that your actions are so much more portent than anothers self determination? I am not interested in who wins or who loses, I am interested in the rule of law/ justice and that one must be accountable for such actions.
    ***glides down from podium to refill the tanks***

17. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    To your question, actually, yes I am. Empress, it would seem... ;)

And self determination has nothing to do with this, nor is my word being "more portent" than it.

But that is beside the point. I meant it as a rule in a more friendly manner. If it did cone across as a suggestion to you, I apologise. All except you have voted for a Senator other than themselves.
    The majority has followed my rule, and I ask that you do as well, otherwise we will be running against law and justice by creating an exception for your case.

So I once again ask you to vote for a Senator other than yourself for Vice Chancellor.

Imperial 1138 likes this.
  18. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    The Order of the Ffib has decided to send the members of the new government a copy of the Ffib Book of Common Prayer, some Ysalamiri and a shipment of Corellian Brandy.

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  19. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I am immediately filing an galactic injunction against the entire voting process. Numerous instances voting discrepancies makes this election void. I am further filing the galactic equivalent of 42 USC 1983 seeking damages for violating my voting rights.

20. Darth Aiser

May 26, 2006
    The election is not void because their was nothing off about the election, no fraud or fake votes or ballot stuffing, and your rights were not trampled your vote was counted.

Chewbacca89 and Imperial 1138 like this.
  21. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    *moves my pod forward to the centre of the senate*

Senator Aalargar, may I remind you of said quote left by our esteemed Chancellor and Empror

I quote:

"It is with a heavy heart that I impose martial law following my injuries. Supreme Commander Volshe shall act as the head of state of the Empire until my recovery, or until a satisfactory heir can be nominated. The Admiral will have authority to disband the civilian government, led by Sistros, and either may act in my stead within the Senate... if it still stands at all."

end quote.

As you see we have for the time being full control of the senate until such time that a new governing body elected.

What ever senator AV or indeed myself deem law will be law under instruction of Sinre himself,

If by some miracle the Rebels do come into power, then by all means undo these laws,

until then, this August body has spoken

Senator Bazing'd you have voted, if you wish to change your vote I suggest you do it quickly (if you think you're being treated unfairly), time is running out, there will be no investigation at this time

*turns to senator Immodet*

thank you for your gift

your gift is greatfully recieved.

22. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    The issue is about process and inconsistent rules application. Also, even if my vote was counted I raise the :1 Man , 1 Vote Rule" See the principals upheld i in Wesberry v. Sanders, 376 U.S. 1 (1967), and Reynolds v. Sims 377 US 533 (1964)

23. Darth Aiser

May 26, 2006
    I must say interesting to read, but I fail to grasp as how this purtains to the current situtation. We have our own consitution. Yes I agree there was some irregularities, That comes along with someone new to the whole system. And in helping to keep track of the votes. I can say that all votes where counted by the rules of that constitution, and agreements stated.

The Main Irregulartie was in fact an effort to increase democratization, and which is not covered by the Consitiution in any ways or forms, and that is the election of all 3 officials. as The Constitution states that we elect a Chief of State\SC\Emperor ect.... and that That person Appoints the VC and Speaker, and following precident setforth from previous sessions of the Senate Game, Voting for oneself has been frowned upon by the constitution.

Imperial 1138 likes this.
  24. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    ((We do not go by the laws or voting standards of the United States...may I remind you. So This might get sticky.
    This is an Empire and Senate in a galaxy far far away. I don't think we have a constitution... Or laws about your rights being infringed upon by the government....))

You may attempt to file your injunction, but it will not be accepted, the grounds are not suitable. You claim there was inconsistency, when a single Senator had the issue, and we have laid out the rules. And what process?

One man, one vote also has no impact upon this election. The lines were drawn saying which planets were Imperial and which were Alliance allied. None of our elected have gained disproportionate power (to be elected), unless you consider a fair election in which our faction won to be disproportionate.
    Your vote was potent and it was counted, and as we go by a planet to planet, versus districts, there was no dilution or inflation of any one planets vote. I take it this is what you mean by the principles and standards of the ruling decided within the cases.

Thank you.

Imperial 1138 and Darth Aiser like this.
  25. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    and how is this relevant to Star Wars?

benknobi1 and Darth Aiser like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.