main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Characters who are assumed to be dead

Discussion in 'Literature' started by General Immodet, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Xizor's rumored survival was also a minor plot thread in Shadows of the Empire: Evolution. Sadly, it was just his niece in disguise...

[​IMG]

2. JediMasterKeno

JediMasterKeno Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 22, 2000
    Tikkes I think he died since I saw a Quarren during the Separatist scenes on Mustafar in Revenge of the Sith. I also think Anakin sliced him up too on screen but not totally sure

3. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    The whole Blackhole thing was a bit confusing. While reading Shadows of Mindor, I was under the impression Cronal died at the end. Didn't Luke use the Force to crush him? Other sources mention he survived Mindor and retreated to Byss. He communicated with Jerec while he was on his way to the Ruusan. Later on, he served the Emperor Reborn and captured Mara Jade. Apparently, some of his troops ended up serving Carnor Jax.
    I never got what I was supposed to believe. Did Cronal die or didn't he? What was he involved in?
    But yeah, some sources also state Sate Pestage was on Byss serving Palpatine while he was supposed to be dead.

I do not think there was a Quarren on Mustafar during ROTS. Of course, I can be mistaken.
    I would love to read a story about Tikkes surviving ROTS and rallying the remnants of the CIS. A bit like Toora did in The Essential Guide to Warfare.

I think Xizor was a pretty awesome villain. I would love to see him in the future!
    He could come back after ROTJ and give Luke and Leia a hard time.
    He is very interesting since he is not just another warlord.
    He could regain control of Black Sun and get the support of the Hutts (because Leia killed Jabba).
    A shadow cartel...

4. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    One armed Mace would be cool, but I won't hold my breath waiting for it. Nom Anor being alive somewhere wouldn't surprise me though. He always had a back up plan or two.

5. JediMasterKeno

JediMasterKeno Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 22, 2000
    Well even though Tikkes name isnt official or anything but I really do thin there is a Quarren shown a little bit on the far left screen during some of the Mustufar scenes.

6. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    The next time I watch ROTS I will definitely check it out!

Maybe Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan could shed some light on the whole Tikkes thing. He is the number one Tikkes fan on this forum!

7. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    I think a better option is that a Muun regenerates every once in a while into a new species... like Time Lords or Banking Lords if you will... :p

[​IMG]

EDIT: On Cronal, I think its a bit of a mess. Sources I think so far indicate he is alive since he was involved with transformation of Irek Ismaren into Lord Nyax. But from what we know, seems Cronal died several times only to return.

8. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    I like to think that Palps had a number of his top people cloned and acted like they were the genuine article, either out of madness (or maybe his advisors did this to placate him and conceal the true extent of the losses since Endor) or for propaganda reasons.

General Immodet likes this.
  9. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    DA HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?

Tikkes's name is not official?! Ok.... so I bet Darth Maul's name is not official and so that of Anakin and that of Obi-Wan and so on and so on.

TIKKES IS THE ONE AND ONLY QUARREN!!!!!

Thank you for the tag, General Immodet...

As the #1 Tikkes fan on the forum, I will be more than happy to share my opinions on this subject.

1. For years Tikkes was assumed MIA since we all clearly see that he does not die in neither of the versions of the Massacre of the Leaders. The one people mistake for him is actually Po Nudo's aide. Tikkes in ROTS has a lot of white-gray clothing - no Separatist Council leader had white clothing on Mustafar. None of the corpses as well...
    Like Rogwa Wograta, I think he was still alive during the reign of the Empire.

2. If somebody brings up the pile of dung called "The Complete Encyclopedia" then you are wrong. That thing was written by either Republic/Empire or Rebel fans. I have not met one writer/actor/animator that has worked on SW or TCW or anything...and say they are a CIS fan.
    I am guessing that like many fans, the writers of the vile book did not care as well for the CIS (How can anyone after Lucas's horrible portrayal of the CIS - nobody cares for the loosing team) so they just assumed that everybody went and "killed" them off. The descriptions of the deaths for all Separatists Council Leaders are just a basic copy and paste of the lame "Killed by Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader on Mustafar".

3. Tikkes was on Utapau and he is seen in every council scene. He greets Grievous even...
    But on Mustafar when ALL the leaders (who are there) have gathered to talk to Sidious, Tikkes is not there... then where is he?!!!?!?!?!?!! HA?! You would not miss a call from the Sith Lord Darth Sidious - PROOF that he is not on Mustafar at the time of the meeting of Vader and the massacre.

4. He should have gone and he should have been with all the leaders, he did not arrive late, cause Grievous said they had A SHIP waiting for them. They traveled as a group. If he was not on Mustafar with the others then he did not get on the ship with them on Utapau. Something changed his mind...

5. HE IS A AQUATIC CREATURE... I can not imagine the Quarren suffering on Tatooine, but Mustafar is the last place of a Squid-like alien that lives on aquatic worlds.

There you have it: The Five points why Tikkes is NOT dead on Mustafar in "Revenge of the Sith".

10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Whoh -- DanGrievous in Lit! I think that's one of the signs of the Apocalypse or something.

Also, yeah, Tikkes totally isn't dead. For all the reasons stated above. And because I mapped the whole floor plan in 2005 when I discovered San Hill was missing. That was an epic day.

Also, TaradosGon saw Tikkes on National Geographic the other day, so he's still alive and kickin'. Er. Swimmin'.

I do hope they keep this pattern up. It goes with his zany Batman-villain character: a recurring villain that isn't the hero's primary arch-nemesis, but always returns when you least expect it to cause havoc.

11. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    The Mace we saw fly out the window in Episode III was nothing more than a Life Model Dec--I mean Human Replica Droid.

Random Comments and Cronal like this.
  12. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Hahahahhhahaha...

So fun and awesome reaction to my appearance here! ;)

San Hill and Tikkes sure were not on Mustafar. We just look closer than some official sources. :D

And those NG shots of Tikkes are an amazing things Tarados saw...

13. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Boba Fett

I always thought it would be cool if he somehow survived the Sarlacc...

14. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Didn't fanboy-writers spend years trying to mend the situation and try to make people forget about embarrassing falling in the pit!?!

15. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Nope. Last I checked he is still dead and everyone is happy that way...

16. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Yeah, I wish that happened.

17. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Cronal I think is a character that can actually pull off the whole 'I died but I'm back again' routine. He just comes across as that kind of character who cheats death. Would be a bit repetitive if he constantly dies and comes back but on rare occasions I could see it happening that he transfers his mind to another body or creates or a clone or that the person was a HRD or something.

18. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I'd actually really like a cloned Cronal, as it just seems to fit him (particularly if Atha Prime still was one of his alter egos).

With Palps, we got to see a pure essence transfer story, but Cronal is the kind of character who I think would fit a story where we, the reader, know it's only a clone, but where Croonaal was his usual nutso self and so unhinged mentally that he remained convinced, kinda in a Joruus fashion I guess, that he was still the real deal.

He could even have a scene where he's internally crying over how he's been reborn and that his rebirth is against the Will of the Dark and that everything is wrong in the universe. :p

Cronal likes this.
  19. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    One armed Mace would be awesome... if he showed up during the Purge era and Vader took him out properly.

SLJ's whole "I want to be in Episode 7" thing, though? Do not want! :p

EDIT: But, hey, since they're doing spin-offs, screw it. Give him his own movie set in the purge era.

"MACE WINDU DIES AT THE END", or something.

EDIT 2: Oh, oh, oh, no! Instead we can have a movie about the Inquisition, and Mace Windu is the antagonist!

I'm gonna be sad when that doesn't happen, now.

Zorrixor likes this.
  20. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I agree with a purge era Mace, but don't want to see old man Windu.

21. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
  22. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I believe Depa Billaba is assumed to have died during the Order 66 massacre on the Temple, but I've always liked the idea of her somehow surviving.

23. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Depa Billaba does indeed need to have a sort of 'redemption' story line.
    Maybe she could awaken at the end of the Clone Wars and somehow be redeemed.
    She could sacrifice herself defending Younglings from the 501st while Anakin attack the Temple.

I really liked how Stover handled Billaba in his novel. In my opinion, she did not seem to have fallen to the Dark Side.
    She had become empty. It was as if she did not care anymore.

Another council member who has mysteriously dissapeared is Coleman Kcaj.
    He really deserves a short background story. I would love it if they used him in the Purge series.

24. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Yeah, I'd love confirmation of those two characters' deaths. For years I clinged to this idea that the despair in the Force during Operation: Knightfall reawakened Depa from her coma and she ran off in to the Coruscant night with Even Piell Shaak Ti.

25. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Speaking of characters who are assumed to be dead (ie, completely forgotten by Del Rey, which is a crime), I still want to know the final fate of Garm Bel Iblis.

--Adm. Nick