main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion How good will Ep. VII be?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Julius Vernon, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    No problem. :) Everyone has their own preference in movies and should be allowed to express them without being called offensive. They are just movies after all and not everyone is going to agree on which is the best. For instance, I like AOTC more than ROTS and I guess that goes against popular opinion but it is only my preference. I'm not asking anyone else to like them in that order and I'm pretty sure you weren't either.

2. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I don't know if you are joking here or not (I'm assuming you are), but this is really funny.

PiettsHat likes this.
  3. Julius Vernon

Nov 7, 2012
    Seriously? You like AOTC better than ROTS? I'm done speaking to you, I've never come across a more arrogant or demented individual in my life!

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I know, right? I guess I need to be committed... :p

Julius Vernon likes this.
  5. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I like AotC too. I remember coming out of the cinema thinking it captured SW completely. I don't get why people think it's so bad (romance scenes aside).

Anyway, in response to OP, I reckon it'll rank somewhere between ANH and RotS, as follows (IMO):
    1. TESB
    2. ANH
    3. EPVII
    4. RotS
    5. AotC
    6. RotJ
    7. TPM

This post isn't about ranking the movies, just explaining how good I think it'll be.

Julius Vernon likes this.
  6. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    If Jar Jar isn't in it... it will be good enough to sit through. ;)

7. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    I think it's a no-brainer to say that Episode 7 will be better than Episodes 1, 2 & 6 because it will not have awkward scenes, dorky jokes, annoying characters or actors in teddy bear suits. The people working on the movie are too smart to not put these sorts of things in the film because of the negativity the franchise has received from the prequels. Can you just imagine the amount of pressure and expectations on their shoulders to make an awesome Star Wars movie? I think it's very very safe to say that the new trilogy will be far better received than the prequels because of things like this.

I think It will be a fantastic movie but still, in many people's minds it won't be able to match the love we have for the classics, mainly Episodes 4 & 5. If these are your two favorite films now, they probably always will be. However, If you keep an open mind and not set your expectations too high, Episode 7 just might end up being the best yet but it's really hard to tell. Here's hoping!!

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    But the pressure and expectations for the PT films were extremely high too, and that didn't end up meaning that everyone liked them as much as the OT. In fact, the expectations were one of the causes for disappointment for many, because the PT wasn't reflective of what they personally expected.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  9. Julius Vernon

Nov 7, 2012
    I think they are very different situations though. George knew he could make some money on the PT regardless of quality, and he may have not vetted every idea as well as he should have. For the ST, Disney has to safeguard a $4B investment. There will be multiple minds focused on the success of this trilogy (particularly Ep. VII), whereas George did a lot of solo flying on the PT and knew it was enough to return his personal investment.

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    That's true, from a (mostly) financial viewpoint they are not the same scenario.

11. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    The expectations were high for the Prequels because the OT was so good. The expectations for Episode 7 is high because the Prequels were so poorly received and I think fans generally don't think that it will be messed up twice. The prequels were not for the "Fans." They were for Lucas. It was his story and he didn't seem to care much what other people thought. Episode 7 WILL be for the Fans! I don't think Lucas would have felt the same amount of pressure to get it right than the new crew should now.

Julius Vernon and Graphic like this.
  12. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012