main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Where to begin?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Grand_Moff_Jawa, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Should Episode 7 start immediately after ROTJ or some 30 years later? Discuss.

2. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    It should start just after they all pose for the fade out in ROTJ and continue with the party, everyone dressed the same but visibly older - with no explanation ever given and everything goes on perfectly normally.

I would love that for no other reason than to see the fanatical canon fighters all over the world get a collective seizure.

3. Vale Man

Vale Man Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2013
    They should throw all the Ewoks on to Vader's funeral pyre!

Darth kRud likes this.
  4. Bad_Feeling

Bad_Feeling Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    30 years later, as it matches with the idea that a large period of time occurs between each trilogy. It also sets up quite a few narrative opportunities that I'm sure JJ would love to exploit (the master of 'secrecy' and 'surprises').

5. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I suppose that will depend on whether they are using any of the original cast or not. I'm fine with any setting, as long as it's good!

6. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    30 some odd years later. It opens at the wedding of Luke's daughter, where Luke is fulfilling requests for "justice" as per a new tradition he is establishing: no Jedi can refuse a request on his daughter's wedding day.

7. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Immediately following the opening crawl, there is a battle in space (with LENS FLARES). It quickly becomes apparent that this is the Naboo-Trade Federation battle from TPM. The whole movie is a series of time jumps, flashbacks, flash forwards, etc.

The whole thing is told from Jar Jar's perspective as he time travels and lands in different scenes from all of the movies.

8. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    With JJ doing what he loves best....blowing up planets. Goodbye Naboo ;)

9. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Clearly Leia will be some authority on Naboo, I reckon. Naboo was a very nice planet, would be nice to go back there (and blow it up eventually). I agree ^

Luke, I reckon should be in search of the past. I hope he learns who Qui-gon is, watches old tapes of Obi-Wan, Yoda, his father, etc. Realizes the scope of what Jedi's were before him, and how important it is that he is the lone one. Gotta be tough to carry on a tradition by your lonesome. Hopefully he got guidence from teh ghosts. (I'd imagine they were bothering him at the most inopportune times, too. "I'm trying to poop here, yoda. Talk to you LATER! SHEESH!"

10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    There's one novel in which Luke finds out more about Qui-Gon and young Anakin- The Life of Luke Skywalker - although it focuses more on events from Luke's early life.

11. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    No time jumps in a Star Wars film, thanks. That would feel weird. Plus damn near impossible, with the cast having visually aged since 1983. Anyhow, I don't see a necessity to pick up immediately, there's no important event there. Besides that, the whole opening film as a creepy CGI fest of the big three, and then cut to live action, nope, too weird with either of those options.

Episode Swag likes this.
  12. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    They could make them semi-animated, a bit like Beowulf or 300. Doubt it though.

13. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Yeah, that was my other suggestion, like what was done in Tron and all those other films. But it wouldn't be right. The cut to live action would be awkward and jarring, IMO.

14. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Yes- CGI has not advanced nearly far enough yet.

15. dooku88

dooku88 Jedi Padawan

Feb 2, 2013
    Agreed.

16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It'll take place right at the ending with Luke's apprentice killing him because he believed that Luke murdered his wife, and then it will all be told from reverse order because Luke's apprentice can't remember anything.

17. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Force Ghost star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    I hope this is one of the first bits of information we get concerning the actual story. Of course, if we find out that Harrison, Carrie and/or Mark are cast, we can pretty confident that this is the case. If they're not, everything is on the table with regards to timeline.

18. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    IMO it should take place in 45 ABY, right after FotJ.

19. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    If the original cast come back, it should be some decades after ROTJ so as to explain why they look so old.

20. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I think in the general concences is that EP7 will be set 30-45 years after return of the Jedi " End Of " .

Play nice.-Darth Boba

21. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Ewok beer makes you really old. Continuity spackled.

KilroyMcFadden likes this.
  22. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    I'd like Episode VII to be 20-25 ABY and deal with setting up the origin of the next generation of Skywalkers - Luke meeting wife, having children.

I would then jump ahead for Episode VIII and Episode IX to 40 ABY much like there was a ten year gap between Episode I and Episode II. We would know the origin of the next generation and they would now be 20 years old.

23. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Begin at Lando's interplanetary "House of B-B-Q and Waffles."

24. Darth Dru

Darth Dru Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    Ep7 will begin about 45 - 50 yrs after RotJ. The ST as a whole will span about 20 yrs. The story is unique and will not conflict with the EU in any way.

25. RAZORBLADE

RAZORBLADE Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 13, 2013
    my story idea. it's about 30-40 years later,in that time the galaxy has become split into numerous factions. new republic, the remnants of the empire and the systems who are sick of both of them and want independence. luke stuck around for a few years after ROTJ, training leia in the ways of the force and then he took off to learn the intricaties of the force. when the movie starts he has become a legendary figure in the galaxy, but has not been seen for a while. the movie would begin with an act of terriosm from an anarchist who wants war between the various factions, in order to weaken them and then when they are on their knee's his army will strike and take control of the galaxy. his army are kinda like a spartan army. not force users but milatary strong[possibly mandalorians] the anarchist would know the ways of the force, having spent years studying his enemies[ the jedi and sith]. the Mcguffin of the plot would be Luke himself. the young hero has to set out to find him and bring him back into action.