main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation The Jedi in the Sequel Trilogy

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by LawJedi, Nov 1, 2012.

1. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I would have thought that they would be less like shaolin monks, so to speak, and more like special forces agents-being sent on special missions and whatnot, or assigned to accompany senators or military groups on important/crucial missions.

I had supposed that after the clone wars, their role in protecting the new republic would be less passive than before. Sort of taking a more active role in protecting the mission's success-something they could have learned from their previous downfall.

I'd agree relationships would be permitted-having a new viewpoint (perhaps instituted by Luke, knowing where HE comes from) that families can give strength, rather than temptation. Not supressing natural feelings, but nurturing them and using that to empower the Jedi's sense of purpose.

I wouldn't mind seeing double bladed lightsabers again. Not a ton, but maybe one or two main characters have one. Green and blue ones would be nice to see.

I'd also think it interesting if their wardrobe changes slightly. Instead of long, flowing robes, rather more fitting and functional uniform-type outfits. (Perhaps like a mix between Luke's in ROTJ, and Anakin/obi-wan's during the clone wars.)

2. wookiebk

wookiebk Jedi Padawan

May 6, 2004
    They will be exiled and shunned from society considering everyone will find out they are responsible for the formation of the empire.

3. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    More like Luke, less like Mace. :)

Air Jedi, BarkingFrog and Graphic like this.
  4. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    The new Jedi:

- smart
    - idealistic
    - passionate
    - romantic
    - consitent
    - proud

5. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Probably won't have sticks up their asses, like the Jedi of the old Republic.

6. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Remember that what Yoda says to Luke is "Pass on what you have learned".
    He doesn't say "Restart the Jedi Order" or "The Jedi shall rise again" or anything like that.
    It sounds very low-key and informal to my ears.
    he also says "The last of the Jedi will you be"
    But then again, no lightsaber duels = fail. In my eyes at least.

7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
  8. Air Jedi

Air Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    I think they should be more like Luke, sort of grey Jedi's.

9. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    I think at first they will be hated. The war has taken it's toll for sure. A pretty good job was made of making them out to be, say, terrorist. Part of the new story will involve that story beat, most likely.

10. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Lonely.

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  11. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    I'm thinking they will be viewed by 3 camps.

Those who remember them and distrust them. They remember that they did order the Clones and were tied very closely to the corrupt ruling body. Even if after the war ended and the truth came out, people will still view them with distrust. I'm sure we could make some real life parallels. They also may remember that the Jedi were traitors and the last of their kind was Darth Vader. Does anyone even know of Luke's "win" at the end. He merely saved his very evil father. The Death Star was going to be blown up regardless. Lando got the shot in this time.​

Those who remember them and want them back. They know the truth and want the Jedi to come back in full.​

Those who have forgotten. If the ST takes place 30 years or so after ROTJ; there will be an entire generation or two that grew up in Imperial and Post Imperial times with no jedi around. Like Han; they will be seen as an old hokey religion. Past times.​

In truth; I think Luke will be in hiding somewhat. I don't think it'll be complete exile, like Old Ben, but I think he'll wander the Galaxy learning about the Force, it's history, etc. I think the movie may start out with him already having an apprentice and the two of them will help out in little ways. They seek no reward or following. They're guided by the living Force. I also personally think that Luke's role becomes that of an anti-Palpatine and that the ST will mirror the PT in some ways. He'll be the one making the plans from behind the scenes, in order to reestablish a new Golden Age. Perhaps we'll see him search out for 12 new Knights, ala Round Table style. And to complete that metaphor, I think he'll be something like Merlin searching for or guiding a King Arther type - a good and just king (or democratically elected Chancellor) to help rule the galaxy.

I really don't see the Jedi as going dark this soon. This is about reestablishing the Jedi Legacy. The PT was filled with stoic, sometimes even corruptible Jedi knights. I want to see Luke and the rest of the fledgling Knights usher in a new Golden Age.

FRAGWAGON and DowClimber like this.
  12. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    Hopefully: competent.

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  13. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    I showed the Saga to my girlfriend who had never seen it. (and she was born in the 70s) I decided to run them chronologically to get an intelligent, adult point of view seeing the story this way.

One point, that relates to this conversation is this: She did not like Mace. In Episode III, she honestly wasn't sure if she trusted Mace Windu or Palpatine until it became clear Palpatine was a Sith Lord. She thought Mace was backwards, manipulative, and not trusting.

14. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    *Threadmerge*

15. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    What'd she think of Luke?

16. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    If they do in fact go with Luke in the series, I believe that he should be doing exactly what Yoda instructed him to do. Passing on what he has learned.

17. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    I would like to see the Jedi show more how they are the keepers of 'peace and justice' even on a small scale. Meaning I would like for there to be a simple scene in a catina where two random people are disagree on something and everything looks like its gonna go nuts with blasters coming out and what not.....and a Jedi steps in to see whats going on. He asks both individuals what the situation is and by reason he makes them both stop. They both come to realise whats right and are in peace.

Something like that or lets say a Jedi DOES get into a fight in a bar or some place like that... i'd like the Jedi to defend himself and fight off lets say like 5 individuals. The Jedi defeats all individuals really easy (but not killing them but Disarming them). The camera would follow lets say a young person who is in the bar run outside to go get help for the 'Jedi' but when they come back they show that the Jedi is explaing to the 5 individuals what they did wrong (i dont know if i'm explaing this right) But if you guys have seen this movie called "Second Hand Lion" this old man fights off like 5 young guys. And even though he fought them off, after he beat them all he gave them a nice speak of life values.... those young men respected him after that and they were friends.

Thats what I would like to see. I want to see the Jedi helping bring forth peace to the everyday man....and for the everyday man to respect the Jedi.

18. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Ooo! Ooo! Can you tell us more about her thoughts in this thread? http://boards.theforce.net/threads/i-vi-marathons-with-sw-virgins.50007208/

I looooves hearing about the I-VI POV!!!

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  19. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    I hope they don't throw out everything the PT era Jedi taught as far as relationships with others. Those rules were put into place to combat Jedi falling to the darkside, which of course Anakin did when he disregarded the rules.

Although this would be a possible source for the baddie.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    I think there is a counterargument to be made that the dogmatic approach of the jedi of the pre purge era was a flaw, and that Skywalker had been taught by Yoda to not reject the concept of personal bonds. I think there is a strong argument to be made there.

21. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    That's how I see it, Luke's personal bonds were why he succeeded.

22. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    I also think that's why the Jedi were purged in the first place, if you like the "force has a will" type argument. Restoring balance to the force may not have meant just the Sith

23. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    She really liked Luke. Really felt bad for him throughout ANH and TESB. What I found interesting was the fact that she kept referring to Vader as "Anakin".

24. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    This movie is supposed to take place....what....30 years after the events in RotJ? I would be surprised if Luke hadn't re-formed the Order.

25. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Hmmm, that is interesting.