main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    yeah, he's talking about baltimore's punt from the end zone and the holding on that play, not the attempted 4th and goal by the 49ers and the holding against crabtree, which is the play that most people are taking issue with.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    So do we have an actual cause of the blackout yet, other than a possibly Cleveland fan or New England Patriot

3. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    It looks like the only big question left to ask is, how much $$ the refs actually put down on Baltimore.
    Given the unspeakable number of big calls/non-calls, I'd have to guess their life savings.

4. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    More like DarthButthurt. Amirite?

LloydChristmas likes this.
  5. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    Some memes about the Superbowl
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Juliet316, Trimaj and heels1785 like this.
  6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    The Bane one is priceless.

7. EBSaints

EBSaints Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 29, 2002
    Stuff like this only happens in New Orleans

Can't wait for the Snow Bowl next year

Juliet316 likes this.
  8. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    A championship in the elements and on Groundhog Day. Should be epic. I want snow, lots and lots of snow!

They're talking about no in stadium halftime show next year. Too rough to do it bad weather. I'm guessing radio city music hall will have it live. Or maybe hologram tupac can perform.

Captain Tom Coughlin likes this.
  9. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    If you rewatch that 4th down play again, you will see Gore completely missed the ravens lineman right up the center in Kapernicks face, forcing him to throw early and high. The ball was uncatchable.
    The Niners made mistakes, including terrible passing in the red zone, and the refs were consistent throughout the game: they let them play. It was old school. I loved it.

Monster rating too(a 50????).

10. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    50! Damn!

Yeah DarthHutt whining over refs betting and stuff is assanine. I'm sure the NFL wants the murderer, Ray Lewis, front and center. A return to glory for the Niners would be better for the NFL image.

11. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    If you have evidence that Ray Lewis is a murderer then you might want to consult with the Atlanta district attorney. I'm sure they'd be interested in hearing it. It was scummy, but anyone that says he was a murderer without offering proof can please be quiet. And the gay bashing 49'ers would be great for the NFL image? 'NFL: Gays need not apply unless you're in the closet.' Say what you want about the team, but the murderer thing is really grating and stupid. I'm not excusing his stupidity it just strikes me as a cheap shot.

anidanami124 likes this.
  12. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    I should have put that in quotes. I was more meaning that the NFL doesn't want a perceived murderer based on America's feedback. Right or wrong, perception is reality.

13. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    A snowy Super Bowl would be awesome.

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    It was destiny.

[​IMG]

xblackout likes this.
  15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm guessing part of the rating is due to the fact that people probably heard about the blackout and tuned into see what it was about.

Here's one of what will probably be many YouTubes about the outage being put up in the coming days:

16. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    All that needs to be done for next year's halftime show is for Chris Christie to do a hot dog eating challenge.

17. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    LOL, so you are only allowed to put 2 and 2 together and then state your opinion IF you have actual/physical proof? Okay.

18. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    There is much I don't agree on with FiD but on this one I'm going to side with him.

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Regardless of proof of whether he did or didn't do those murders, I do think he knows far more about what happened that night than he will ever tell anybody, and that's all I'll say on the matter.

Edit: So since Joe Flacco's now offically a Free Agent, how much do you think the Ravens are going to shell out to keep him?

20. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Catchable ball doesn't matter for defensive holding.

21. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I know that. Still good no-call. And Crabtree's hand pushed on the Raven's helmet. They did that all night. It was consistent with how they let them play. It was good to see.

heels1785 likes this.
  22. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
  23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    JediMaster_1977 likes this.
  24. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Oh gosh :oops:[face_laugh][face_rofl][face_monkey]