main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The SWC Senate - Aflame

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Sinrebirth , Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2009
    everyone else is wondering the same thing :p

2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    While clearly this is Star Wars and not the US legal system, the principles embedded in the U.S. Constitution are crucial to Republic aligned planets. I am using it only for illustrative purposes only.

3. Darth Aiser

Darth Aiser Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2006
    This isn't a Republic this is the Imperial Senate...

4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Not for long, will it be.

5. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    *****Rises to the podium****
    It is not confirmed that The emperor sent that message, you doctored the message clearly. A coma means one cannot speak or issue instructions.
    Secondly Martial law was issued by your party, not the senate or the Emperor. Even the Mandolorian sector can see right through you lies and treachery. Your so called empire asked for Martial law and the first thing you tried to issue was that a protector force be intalled in each system. You know what the results of the action took. You would be fired upon if you intercede in the sovernitity of a sector. Martial law failed completely from the very first issue. You hold no power to issue or resind the laws of the Emperor

6. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    *POD MOVES FORWARD*

the law falls under that of Senator AV and myself until the next government is to be announced

I'm sorry you think the Emperors message is fake,

but saying grass is pink and not green doesn't make it so,

and the Emperor was emperor ofthe NGE, don't forget that

*pod moves back*

7. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Voting is now closed, and we will count up the votes to find our winners of the election.

Thank you.

8. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    *awaits the results*

9. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012

*stands*
    *speaks calmly, her voice soft but determined*

I will address this now.

The Emperor did indeed send the message as a pre-recorded emergency transmission. If you still do not accept that, I will not try to convince you otherwise.

There were no lies or treachery as you state, the truth has been put in front of you, it is your choice to accept it or deny it and move forward.

Martial law was under Sistros and I, as he stated a few posts above me. I implimented both the securing of Empire controlled planets, and offered security to the Alliance. When it was turned away, the issue was not pushed as to avoid conflict.
    I made the decision to not press martial law upon Alliance run planets, it did not fail.
    The Empire's strongholds and planets are secure, as well as the Empire's roster and the Senate as of now.

And, if you have not yet noticed, I do hold the power to issue and resind the laws of the Emperor, for since a few days after the attacks I have been not only Empress, but Supreme Chancellor.

----

With this, I would like to announce the results of the election.

The bolded names are the elected official in each category. These bolded individuals are those taking the offices of (Supreme) Chancellor, Vice Chancellor, and Speaker, respectfully, for this session of the Senate.

Chancellor:
    Admiral Volshe: IIIII IIIII II (12)
    Jedi Gunny: IIIII II (7)
    Skywalker_T-65: I (1)
    Sistros: I (1)
    Bardan: II (2)

23/24 Senators, MandoBones did not submit a vote.

Vice Chancellor:
    Sistros: IIIII IIIII II (12)
    Aalagar: IIIII I(6)
    Rainbow Knight Star: II (2)
    Admiral Volshe: I (1)
    Gunny: I (1)

22/24 Senators voted.
    aalagartassle's vote was still nullified. MandoBones did not submit a vote.

Speaker:
    Chewbacca89: IIIII IIIII I (11)
    Skywalker_T-65: IIIII I(6)
    Bardan Jusik: III (3)
    Benknobi1: III (3)

23/24 Senators, MandoBones did not submit a vote.

Those holding the offices are:

Supreme Chancellor: Admiral Volshe of Naboo

Vice Chancellor: Sistros of Anaxes

Speaker: Chewbacca89 of Bespin

----

The Official Roster as of now is:

Official Roster

Chief of State/Supreme Chancellor (Emperor Sinrebirth, in a coma): Admiral Volshe
    Vice Chief of State/Vice Chancellor: Sistros
    Speaker: Chewbacca89

Membership of the Imperial Party:
    Sistros of Anaxes
    Admiral Volshe of Naboo
    Benknobi1 of Corellia
    Chewbacca89 of Bespin
    Adirondackjedi27 of Kamino
    Rainbow Knight Star of Serenno
    Trask Ulgo of Dantooine
    Darth_Kiryan of Commenor
    Thesevegetables of Shogun
    General Immodet of Lorahns
    Imperial 1338 of Obroa-Skai
    cdgodin of Coruscant
    Darth Aiser of Kuat
    Jedimaster_1977 of Mygeeto

Membership of the Rebel Party:
    Bardan_Jusik of Mandalore
    Skywalker_T-65 of Abydos
    Jedi Gunny of Ryloth
    MandoBones of Concord Dawn
    Adrian the Cool of New Tiara
    Darth Mystique (TEE) of Korriban
    Aalagar of Muunillinist
    Roberto Calrissian of Ruusan
    Bazinga'd of Tatooine
    awesomejedi of Hapes

Let the games begin!

10. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    *moves my pod forward to the centre of the senate*
    I, Darth Kiryan, As Senator of Commenor, hereby congratulate Admiral Volshe of Naboo to the position of Supreme Chancellor. As well, i hereby congratulate Sistros of Anaxes and Chewbacca89 of Bespin as Vice Chancellor and Speaker of the Senate/House respectively.​

11. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    *Takes place at center of the Senate Chamber.*
    The Speaker of the Senate thanks the respectable Senator of Commenor for his kind words.

12. Darth Aiser

Darth Aiser Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2006
    The System of Kuat would also like to congradulate those who have been elected to offices.=D=

13. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    The people of Hapes and I would like to congratulate the Chancellor, Vice Chancellor and Speaker on their victories.

14. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Everything is going exactly as I have foreseen...

15. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    I thank you for the kind words

so Chancellor what is first on the agenda?

*all eyes on Volshe"

cdgodin and Admiral Volshe like this.
  16. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    The Senator for Commenor supports the Vice-Chancellors question on what the focus of the agenda shall be?

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  17. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    ((OOC: I just completely made this up, at least most of it, so bear with me. ;) I tried to align some of it with RL-like scenarios... ))

*motions to the Senators for quiet and begins to speak*

I believe the most important point of discussion is that of the safety of our Galaxy's citizens.

We need to ensure this type of grave attack does not happen in the future.

We have already amended the previous restrictions on trade and the access of weaponry for non-sanctioned trade and shipping organisations, however those who wish to access raw materials to create these weapons may still do so. Gas and other product mines are very poorly regulated. This should be addressed.

They would also have access to junkyards as well as non-registered used weapons. Due to a lapse in documentation, Civil War era heavy turrets, proton cannons and other heavy guns still are very accessible. As proof of this, the Empire has recently had to send a group to Ord Mantell to remove vigilantes who have had access to these various types of weaponry and were using it against the greater good.

Another point in this is the still strong reign of crime syndicates in Hutt Space that are very efficient in smuggling weaponry.

I believe we should also take extra measures in security and law enforcement on a planet to planet basis, though this is purely up to you as Senators to request assistance or to create your own police force. I insist you keep it to a planetary basis to avoid conflict with groups, factions, and other Senators, however.

A final point is a question for you. Should we be monitoring the communications not only between transport, trade, and corporation vessels, but other ships, docking platforms, and even local tourist hubs and venues? Would this allow us to predict any further attacks, or just be removing rights for privacy?

--

Our agenda also includes the soon to be obsolete art and culture bill 234.2a , which affects taxation and reimbursement for cultural groups and venues throughout the galaxy and offers them funding. I feel it should be amended as to what is accepted as a group of art and culture, as well as the tax of our corporations and the portion that should be allotted to these art and culture groups. It is your choice, Senators, the bill will be starting a 14 day opening for amendments immediately, and will automatically be renewed after that point.

--

Finally, there has been some conflict with the HoloNet recently, and how much of it's very large information should be in the public domain. Complaints have been issued that there is both too much access to information, and too much censoring and security measures. I leave this to you as well.

*steps back and awaits responses*

18. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    *speaking in a basic behind-closed-doors type of tone*

is it actually a really bad idea if we bring the Hutts to heel?

19. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    *moves pod to the center*
    Chancellor, I strongly believe that monitoring private vessels, docking bays, and even tourist destinations would be an infringe of rights. Along with this, it would show we have no trust in the common citizen.
    Though I fully support Darth_Kiryan's suggestion to crack down on the Hutts, as well as other crime syndicates.
    *respectfully bows head and moves pod back.*

aalagartassle likes this.
  20. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    With your permission, the Speaker would recommend a Bipartisan committee to evaluate communcations monitoring. This task force would study the pros and cons of such a system, as well as the avenues available to implement it into law. I would suggest two members of each party, with myself moderating the proceedings.

21. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    Darth Kiryan I disagree with your Hutt statement

22. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    I believe a committee would be the best way to decide, yes. Once the committee's analysis of the pros and cons is complete, a motion may or may not be proposed regarding it.

I request one Senator from each party to be put forward, and I request the Senators of Darth Aiser , and Jedi Gunny , as a part of the committee as well.

23. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Very well. Once all slots are filled, I suggest we convene for no more than one week. At the end of such time the committee will be required to have come up with a report on its findings to present to the Senate. It will also have drafted a preliminary outline of its decision to be reviewed by the Chancellor and then ratified by this esteemed body. Is that agreeable, Chancellor?

24. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    Indeed it is. Thank you, Speaker.

25. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Thank you, Chancellor. I urge both parties to come forth with their additions to the committee as soon as possible. Thank you, all.

*bows head and leaves podium*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.