main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    As painful as it is to see Maul beg, I honestly can't really blame him after watching Sids fight like that. Plus it actually 'does' fit with his character when you consider just how deeply abused and broken he was by Sids over time. Sids was everything to him. Yes, there was one point where he wanted to kill him in the EU (in a final test right before being promoted to a Sith Lord), but never before did he actually get to go toe to toe with his master. Sidious stopped the test before they could actually fight. He also wanted to kill him right here and look how that turned out. His overconfidence was quickly abolished by this decimation, and the Sith are indeed cowards in the end.

Like I said earlier, even after reading the book the fight was more intense than I expected. (The book did not mention maul using the dark saber). Sids moonwalked Savage to death. I couldn't be more impressed with him.

That and... "There is no mercy" alone is worth a whiney Maul.

TheRedBlade likes this.
  2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    With Sidious rather clearly playing with them, no surprises.

3. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    I actually felt sorry for Maul when he began begging. How much does the book go into detail?

4. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    The best part about Maul is not the begging in the end, but the sheer fear you see in his eyes when he says "I sense something, something I've not felt since...master!"

5. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    I had a dream.... An entire animated series staring Palpatine/Sidious in every episode [face_hypnotized]

Sable_Hart likes this.
  6. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Who voiced him? Ian McDiarmid, perhaps? Having him voice Palpatine in the future episodes of TCW would not ease the loss of Ian Abercrombie but would be frikkin' sweet.

Last night I had a dream where I was at a party and ate with both Sir Ian McKellen and Sir Christopher Lee at the same time. And the food was good. Clearly that was a prophecy from Waru or Daiman.

Zorrixor and Random Comments like this.
  7. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    My belief of a titanic struggle mainly stems from the fact that I don't believe two proud entities such as Waru and Daiman could coexist peacefully; they would seize power, and both attempt to claim credit for creating life and the universe. There can be no peace between them.

The Gloves origins are mysterious. Some say Daiman ordered it forged in order to defeat Waru. Others say a third player in this war between the deities, Kyle Katarn the First, the only mortal to ever ascend to Godhood, crafted the glove. The only thing we know for certain is that it's common name, "The Glove of Darth Vader", is itself heresy. The Glove is not Vader's. The Glove is power incarnate, power such as Vader has never dreamed of.

8. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Wait are Korkie and Amis supposed to be retconned into Shysa and Dala?
    And isn't Jason to be writing a Star Wars: The Clone Wars guide to be released this July?

9. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Is it just me or does the blonde girl look like Kristen Bell?

10. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    If you're curious, blog post at the official site about the writing of Shadow Conspiracy, and the difference between a book and episodes of a show.

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hm, I wonder what that "second half of an Easter egg that’s half-retcon and half-inside joke" is. Too bad I don't have the book.

Random Comments likes this.
  12. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    You did wonderfully with that, Jason. Even for a short young reader novel, I enjoyed your adaptation and read it all non-stop. Your subtle EU references serve to bring the most major discrepancies together and make Mandalore whole again. I only hope we can get the Protectors somewhere in future stories, if not on screen, at least in the backdrop. I know some here will never be fully pleased, but I'm pretty happy with Clone Wars continuity for the long term. I can see things slowly starting to come together. So long as the dating mess gets sorted out in the end.

Sadly, I don't have time to hunt for the easter egg right now.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  13. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    It's Owen Lars' long-lost daughter, Veronica. Reunited at last on Tatooine, a starkly stratified society divided between rich Hutt-affiliated crime families and working-class moisture farmers, they roam the Dune Sea solving mysteries and shooting Sith Lords in the head.

Dawud786 and RC-1991 like this.
  14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    So this might be my favorite episode of TCW ever.

But I'm really not sure why. [face_thinking]

15. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Well, maybe because after the several attempts to rescue Satine, between Bo Katan and the all grown up recruits and Obi-Wan, the good guys lost Satine and only ran away while Sidious took care of things on his own. They renamed that trope? Not cool.

16. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    No, this episode actually made me decide I liked Bo Katan -- perhaps the first such Mando I've found likable since Candalore. At first I didn't like her, but she seems like she's capable of being tough without falling into that Mara Jade stereotype. That's a good thing.

Similarly, I quite liked Kenobi. He gave Maul a great verbal smackdown re: the dark side. It was very nice.

And the music was quite nice. Not just the use of the March (which was way more ominous than usual -- nicely done! Was this the first time it's been used in the show? I remember it in the movie or something, vaguely).

TheRedBlade likes this.
  17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    They've used the Imperial March, usually when Anakin does something dark, but I don't think they've used Palpatine's theme before. Wicked badass combination that turned out to be.

18. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Speaking of which:
    This is why I was ok with Maul begging. I kind of like the idea that underneath the bluster, most Sith are really pathetic people.

Ulicus and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  19. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, you know what they say about asking for mercy but being unable to give it. It's almost a convention among villains, but it's rather true in case of Sith. The whole steadfast elevation of self above everything makes them completely unable to die for what they believe in -- because they believe in nothing save themselves.

Vizla, for all his murderous monstrosities, had a cause. Maul doesn't.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  20. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Dooku didn't beg tough.

21. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    Not verbally. Dooku was, if anything, too shocked to outright beg. He was terrified and effectively went out like a punk. He NEVER expected Sidious to just throw him out like that, and only in the end did he realize what he got himself into. So says both the ep III novelization AND Christopher Lee's facial reactions.

Zeta1127 and Random Comments like this.
  22. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    FWIW, Dooku does start to beg in the novelization. Though he starts begging Palpatine, rather than Anakin.

23. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Actually, I never heard that one.

Perhaps there is some small part of him that was still a jedi?

24. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I have! :D

Man, we need to get Cullen and Welker involved in TCW.

25. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    That movie broke this little 6 year old's heart.....