main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor A stand-alone Yoda film?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by ManaByte, Feb 4, 2013.

1. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    According to Harry at AICN, the first stand-alone Star Wars movie will center around Yoda:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/60757

2. boomx2sjk

boomx2sjk Jedi Master star 2

Nov 9, 2012
    Yoda hits puberty!

3. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Hmm... we're going to need a "stand alone movie" forum.

4. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    I like Yoda. His wisdom is great, but in doses. That's what makes him so great. I'd rather not have to hear more about him then I have to.

Plus, I can't imagine listening to that dislexic speak for two+ hours straight. It would drive me bonkers.

5. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Not likely, most likely a bonus to the Blu-Ray. Kind of like the R2-D2 movie. Just Sayin'. Move Along. ;)

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  6. 16AndPregnant

16AndPregnant Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    Stand-alone movies would be nice.

7. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    If Frank OZ Directs and performs a solo YODA movie I could get behind it.I always dreamed that YODA was from the green planet like E.T. and the E.T.s would be living in harmony with The YODAs.

8. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Star Wars Chronicles - Yoda's Tale

[face_mischief]

Ahsoka_Tano_11 and LawJedi like this.
  9. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Oh god, please tell me Harry can tell the difference between a stand alone movie and the CN Lego thing. :oops:

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  10. Tensionhead

Tensionhead Jedi Master star 1

Feb 7, 2005
    personally, far more interested in the failure of a certain sarlacc pit. nothing like getting a decade ahead of ourselves. anyone else have their doubts harry will live to see any stand alone star wars?

LawJedi likes this.
  11. Granger

Granger Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    Mmm, a bad feeling about this I have. Annoying his talking might become in too large a dose.

12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I've always liked the mystery surrounding Yoda's origins. I don't know if I'd like to see more of it on screen.

13. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    If it is true, I'd like it to be about a younger Yoda in his prime, but if that's the case we know he won't be fighting any Sith. Who could possibly pose a threat to Yoda? A dark Jedi with no Sith ties? Harder to answer, meditate on this I will.

Episode Swag likes this.
  14. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Could be an animated film like The Clone Wars instead of live action.

15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Give it to Frank Oz, hell have him help craft the story, and I'd be quite interested. Without him, not so much.

16. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    I don't want to see a Yoda origins movie, it could be when he's already a Master or Knight. No need to know what planet he comes from or what species he is.

Julius Vernon and Echo-07 like this.
  17. gobalicious

gobalicious Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2010
    I'd like if it were retconned that Yoda was alive before the last of the Sith went into hiding. He would be the only Jedi alive who had first hand experience with the Sith and it would explain why he knew of the rule of two. We could see how Yoda and other Jedi drove them to near extinction.

18. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    I don't put much value into much of these rumors at this point.

I think there are probably a bunch of pitches at this point.

I will say I HATED the way Yoda was portrayed in the prequels with all the stupid back flipping and such. If I have to see more that nonsense, you can count me out. Yoda(or the emperor)for that matter wouldn't even have to use a lightsaber.

I thought they were so powerful in the force, that a lightsaber would seem "quaint" to them.

19. Darth Georgia

Darth Georgia Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    YES!!! Love Yoda and can't wait to see a "young" version of him.

DarthKreVass likes this.
  20. FryingpoorGreedo

FryingpoorGreedo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 22, 2012
    I love Yoda but I don't think he could carry a movie. His whole existence in the films is to be kind of a wise old advice giver, not a main character. Without having someone to be a wise sage to I think he serves no purpose, not meaning he's a bad character but that's his whole point.

21. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    "When 900 years old you reach" could be changed to something like "When 1900 years old you reach".

Or

"The Sith have been extinct for a millennium" could be changed to something like "The Sith have been extinct for 500 years".

I don't like the idea of retconning anything from the movies, but I would love Yoda to be the reason the Sith went into hiding and were thought extinct.

dolphin likes this.
  22. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    This.
    That being said I think Harry Knowles spins a lot of crap, so I'd take this one with a pinch of salt.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  23. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I remember this rumor from years ago, a stand alone film about Yoda saving the Republic. These stand alone movies are going to be great, and you know they are coming. Yoda, Vader, Fett, the possibilities are endless.

24. Air Jedi

Air Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    I have a lot of friends and family members that are just casual Star Wars fans and they all seem to love Yoda more than any other Star Wars character. I think this would be a good direction to go for the first spin off movie.

25. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Really taking this with a shaker full of salt right now.

If the standalones are to tie into the ST, Avengers-stylee, then a Yoda film makes no sense.