main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor A stand-alone Yoda film?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by ManaByte, Feb 4, 2013.

1. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I agree. I'm all for some sort of Vader spin-off set between Episodes III-IV. If the LAS ever gets made, the Vader film could be a spin-off of that. Whilst I'm not really a massive fan, even a Boba Fett spin-off could be OK. Not keen on the Yoda idea, though. At first, I thought it could be OK, but I think Echo-07 has hit the nail on the head with his post.

Echo-07 likes this.
  2. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    I'd like it, only if we find out Yoda was a knucklehead as a youngster. And, he put a lot of dynamite into people's lockers in hgh school. And, did recreational drugs after school and his parents thought he had more potential.

Like 'The Boy Who Could Fly', but green and filled with stromboli.

3. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Guys here is the fist leaked still of Yoda and Yaddle on Ilum getting their lightsaber crystals:
    [​IMG]

FRAGWAGON and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  4. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999

That was uncalled for, sir. ;)

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  5. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    TBH, such early says, I think its probably just one idea of many. Wasn’t there a rumour a few years ago about Lucas himself mentioning a film with a young Yoda? Nonetheless, I would actually welcome a “Yoda Origins” movie. However, I really want to get the ST out of the way first before they start churning out “spin-off” films. The ST should get all the focus right now. I certainly don’t want Episode 7, then a spin-off, then Episode 8, then another spin-off and so on. That would be awful and cheapen Star Wars almost beyond repair.

6. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
  7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Thing is with this article - Harry Knowles cites no sources for this information whatsoever. He probably dreamed it up, which I wouldn't put past him these days.

But a Yoda movie is not unlikely sometime in the future, and I guess it could be great, but I have my doubts.

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    How about the Chu'unthor story? You know, the ship that crashes on Dathomir and Yoda has to go and talk to the Nightsisters or whatever? Why not that?

9. darthgator1217

darthgator1217 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I am all for it as long as a clumsy Gungan serves as the comedic side kick!

10. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013

I agree with this completely.

Echo-07 and vong333 like this.
  11. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I really don't want to see any Yoda movie nor any stand alone movie for that matter. Star Wars is not X-Men/Wolverine, nor Avengers/Iron Man/Captain America/Thor. I think Disney is getting a bit Marvel to ambitious here.

Cancelling Episode 2 and 3 3-d release, shorting the clone wars cartoon series by two episodes. No Force Unleashed 3 to wrap up that fiasco of a mess. Who knows about Star Wars Detours, and now Episode 7? Things need to be taken slow. Star Wars over the last decade hasn't had a really good track record. In fact, most internet sites bash the prequels, the clone wars series can't win an emmy nor any annie awards, bad Star Wars Kinect game, horrible clone war video games (Republic Heroes anyone), and without knowing much, we can assume unless they plan on going 200 years into the future that the EU is done after ROTJ. Also, all the talk about a live action tv series, so now that everything is suppose to be geared to Episode 7 it can be safe to say that live action tv series set in the Dark Times will also hit the back burner. Everything is in the back burner and you know what happens, too much bark and no action.

I think we need to go slow here, I'm not sold on J.J. A. directing star wars. Even if the movie comes out there is no gurantee that it will post Avatar, Avengers, the last Batman movie type numbers. In fact worldwide, it might just take in somewhere between 450 million to 700 million. Too many people felt burned by the prequels and when I'm at the comic book store the talk about new star wars is definitely not as positive as it may seem on these boards. Even when I was at Best buy the talk was abysmal. One employee said, "The last ones sucked, and now we get more?"

I think they need to slow down and take a look at everything. Too much star wars doesn't mean its going to be good. We still have to see if Cartoon Network will keep the The Clone Wars or if the change is made, then we have the controversial stuff with maybe Marvel taking over the licensee in a couple of years that needs to get sorted out. Until both Episode 7 and 8 come out and do good, I wouldn't go war whacky with stand alone movies. Thats just me though

12. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    Is this going to be like those X-Men Origins movies!? God help us no sweet lord christ almighty.

13. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    In regards to Cartoon Network keeping TCW it sounds like that ship has sailed and it will go to Disney XD. That really shouldn't come as a surprise. But just because that will happen doesn't mean the comics will move to Marvel.

14. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I'm okay with this! Though, more prequels? Blek. Going to go out on a limb and say we'd see the rise of the Sith Lords and the foundation of the Republic around the same time.

15. kaustin7

kaustin7 Jedi Knight

Jan 28, 2013
    I have been reading news reports and spoiler reports on this site since before the release of Episode I and I finally decided to get a forum log-in.

I think a standalone Yoda movie would take place well before the PT. Wasn't there talk of an Episode 0 a few years ago that would reveal Yoda's origin as well as set-up a better explanation of the Sith? Certainly there might be some issues with the comment that the Sith have been extinct for a millennium and Yoda only being 900 years old. I am curious to see if they can make a connection and iron out those time periods. What is a century difference anyways? I could get into seeing a younger Yoda help abolish the Sith to further how significant his role of Jedi Master is. Certainly he has more experience with the Sith then the battle in EII and EIII.
    If this news about a standalone Yoda movie is accurate, and who knows with AICN, then it might alter the time line for releases to be more then every 2 to 3 years but now that 3D series is off the table perhaps it will happen.

16. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    I agree that some of the mystery should be kept. It would explain how the jedi became more rigid.

17. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Nahhhhh! No spinoff, standalone movies. TV shows, yes. Spinoff movies? No. Reminds me too much of those horrible Tinkerbell films. *shudders*

Hopefully Harry Knowles nothing. ;)

18. YodaDooDahDay

YodaDooDahDay Jedi Padawan star 3

Jul 20, 2010
    One of two things must be true:

Either this rumor is complete nonsense
    OR
    Disney's claim that they needed to cancel the 3D releases of AOTC and ROTS because they needed to "focus 100 percent" on Episode VII was a big, fat, steaming pile of poo-doo (i.e. a LIE).

Sadly, I think the latter is more likely.

19. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    So, Zack Snyder punched his SW idea through. And Yoda become the first known name of the magnificent 7.

Just a thought.

20. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Bradley Cooper would be a great choice to play younger Yoda.

Echo-07 likes this.
  21. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    The problems with a Yoda film are on the basic level for an audience that will need to be addressed
    • Having a talking frog as the main charachter for the audience to get behind and relate too will be hard.
    • Having a talking frog who speaks strangely will be even harder.
    • A talking frog who speaks strangely and who will be most likely CGI (which audiences are tired off) will be even harder than even harder
    • A talking Frog who speaks strangely and who bounces around like a ping pong ball will be even harder than being harder than even harder.
    Now there are stories they can do but a Yoda story in Feature film does not seem to work in JMO

22. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    But no knows for sure and why would Disney want to lose money when they have there inhouse stuff. lets face it star wars is going to be treated and is supposed to be a cash cow for them. Regardless if Lucasfilm retains its name or not, they are no longer independent. They belong to the mouse.

23. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    Naw, we need to first see Episode 7 and 8 out and see if it was a success before we start down this road. Too many tangebiles are involved here.

24. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    In the UK Yoda was advertising for Mobile Phone Networks so its not like Stawars hasn't been milked as a cash cow.

Which is another reason why I don't see a Yoda film working, As a charachter he wasn't the biggest seller in terms off merchandise such as Toys and luncboxes. To be honest the obvious for that is probably Darth Vader. Now a stand alone film of Vader kicking ass and taking names would sell big.

25. vong333

Oct 18, 2003

They can't even get a live action tv series going, how in the world is a stand alone movie going to work? It ain't not right now. To me star wars is in flux. It just got purchased by Disney, they through out the Episode 7 stuff, we have no idea what it will be but most likey it will erase a good portion of stuff that came after ROTJ, cancellations of 3-d AOTC and ROTS (don't know why, they could use the extra money from it), bad video games, also not looking forward to 1313. No one knows when star wars detours is really coming out, and we probably now are going to need to know what where and how they plan to end the clone wars. Are they going to keep going? And if they are how long? Is the 20 episode thing the new way to go? Are the single or two parter episodes gone? When are they going to answer all the other crap before they keep asking more and more new stuff that who knows when its going to get answered.