main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Unanswered Questions in the ST

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Spam Bot, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Spam Bot

Spam Bot Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 16, 2012
    The question I mean to pose is if the ST will be a self-contained story i.e. having no unresolved plot lines or references to unexplored areas of the story by the end of Ep IX.

Consider the TV shows "Lost" and "Fringe", which Abrams formulated. Consider also his movie "Cloverfield". Admittedly, I haven't seen anything of his beyond that paltry list, but in all these cases, I was left wanting more to satisfy the story questions they raised. One gets the impression that setting up mysteries and leaving them hanging even at the end is a staple of his craft.

I know Abrams isn't writing the film, but with the prospect of spinoffs or indeed a subsequent trilogy :confused:, could it be that he was brought on board in part due to him being the type of director who could effectively leave tantalising hints to future SW media?

Do you think that the ST will be a "closed off" story that will tie up all loose ends or will there be obligatory open ends which beg questions that can only be answered by more Star Wars?

2. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    If it's not closed off, then it will all be a big waste as far as I'm concerned. Like people have said, it's Episode VII for a reason. Otherwise, they should have just made the spin-off films right away.

3. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008

And there's Episode's VIII and IX to come. Episode VII is going to have to be the most open-ended SW film yet. We're all worried about the story for VII, I'm far more concerned about why I should care about Episode VIII or want to watch some spin-off.

4. Spam Bot

Spam Bot Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 16, 2012
    Of course VII must feature some loose ends. My OP was referring to the trilogy as a whole.

5. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    By the end it really needs to tie things up and close the saga. I don't envy whomever is handed that job!

6. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I do hope that this is the final trilogy as far as the main story arch is concerned. I'm jazzed that we are getting an ST, but I have always been of the school of Jedi was the end. So I am quite interested in where the ST will go, and how it will tie things up, but I hope thats that.

THEN I would be totally into the spinoff stuff!