main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Han and Leia's relationship in EVII

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by DV75, Feb 5, 2013.

1. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    I was thinking it would be interesting to have Han and Leia separated in the beginning of the movie. Years later after having a child (a girl who is now in her 20s) their relationship falls apart. Chewie stays with Han, etc. The only thing that brings them back together is a new threat in the galaxy.

It would make for some fun and interesting old-school Empire-like bickering between the two - throw in their daughter and we have the makings of some fun dialogue.

Chewbacca and Han could go back to smuggling and are pulled back into the Alliance/New Republic by Han and Leia's daughter.

Thoughts?

2. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    .meh. i'd rather have them be together then separated.

They can still bicker like an old married couple, though.

-C

3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Interesting, as long as it doesn't come off as bad as it did between Indiana Jones and Marion in Indy4, which was very similar in premise to what you describe.

4. DV75

Nov 30, 2001
    Interesting. I wasn't even thinking of Indy4.

I think they can make it come off better than that.

5. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    If they are going to be in it, I would prefer that they be together.

6. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    I think they will just be booty calls, Han isn't the type to get wife'd up, he flies Solo. :cool:

7. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    He wasn't the type to get involved in things like the rebellion either, but he did because he cared about the people involved. That's his story arc. Ending up with the girl and settling down was the natural conclusion to it. At least the conclusion as far as the original trilogy was concerned.

8. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    I was just joking, I hope and fully expect that they are married with maybe a kid or two.

Yodahasgreenfeet likes this.
  9. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
  10. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Wasn't there another thread while back over this exact same idea? Maybe I am just imagining things. Anyway, my vote is a big no. Enough broken marriages exist in the real world. Try and pump in a more positive message towards marriage. Not every marriage ends in disaster.

11. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Might have an issue if Leia's baby looks like this...
    [​IMG]

12. Darth Dru

Darth Dru Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    As i understand it, several ideas were proposed and a few treatments were written. Only one actually had Han Solo in it in any appreciable degree, albeit memorably, the others didn't. The problem is they're having trouble closing an agreement with Ford, and if they can't get him to sign on within the next 10-12 months or so, they'll likely proceed without him and tweak the story accordingly. He didn't have a huge part, and that's likely why he's having issues about being in it. He prefers leading roles. If he doesn't get on board reasonably soon they'll probably kill off his character in some heroic fashion and explain it or mention it at some point during the trilogy. I think the plan is to kill off his character heroically in Ep7 or 8 anyway. Besides, Chewbacca is dead, and lets not forget that the ST is going to pick up about 45-50 yrs after RotJ (and then span another 20-30 yrs or so) which would have his character pushing 80 at the beginning of Ep7 depending on the exact timeline being used. I agree it would be cool to see Han again in a cameo or two, or maybe even in a very minor supporting role, but seeing Solo on screen isn't an absolutely necessary ingredient for the ST to work imo.

13. DV75

Nov 30, 2001
    Your post = pure speculation.

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Is your best friend George Lucas? *cough* Supershadow *cough*

eht13 likes this.
  15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Erm, okay...you have a source?

In regards to the original question, I would prefer if they were still together. There's too many fractured marriages today and it would be a shame to see it spiral out of control like that, especially after the end of ROTJ practically already has them together.

16. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I think the ESB bickering is more obnoxious than entertaining, so I hope they don't go in that direction. Besides, Han already started to mellow out by ROTJ, so I don't think it would really work to have a 70 year old version written as the hyper jerkwad from ESB. I don't really care if Han and Leia aren't married or even together anymore, though.

17. Darth Dru

Feb 1, 2013
    Sure....it's all speculation.

LOL i'm not supershadow. You can actually take a lot of what i say to the bank. For example, i can tell you that 90% (or at least the good majority of it) of the EU written before 1999 is likely to get tossed.

18. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Okay, cool! [face_peace]

Just wanted to make sure. It seemed like you were privy to information that hadn't been shared yet. And if it was anything regarding the Big Three...yeah, I had to check!

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I wasn't trying to be a jerk or anything but your post seemed to indicate that you knew something about the plot and even the number of drafts they have and that some of them include Han while others don't. If that wasn't your intention then I apologize. [face_peace] Also, I wouldn't take anyone's speculation to the bank at this point (not even my own) because we simply know too little for anyone to say they're 90% sure such and such is going to happen.

20. DV75

Nov 30, 2001
    My thinking is that they eventually get back together but think about the time lapse between ROTJ and EVII. Whose to say they will be still together? But what brought them together in the first place brings them together again - as in saving the galaxy.

21. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    We don't know how Ep vii will relate to the EU. Chewie might be alive. If Han is dead, it might play out well if the protagonist is a Solo kid. If the protagonist is a Solo kid he should feel conflicted about his Skywalker legacy versus his Solo legacy.

22. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    f he doesn't get on board reasonably soon they'll probably kill off his character in some heroic fashion

Seems a little bit contradictory don't you think

23. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Personally I can't imagine Harrison and Carrie being an 'old married couple' save for a pair that's been lovingly getting on each others' nerves for 30 years...even that's a stretch. At that same time I don't want to see them divorced or separated. You see so much of that in movies nowadays it's getting old.

What I can see is Leia dying early and Han retreating into himself in grief. Then he comes back with Luke for one last hurrah and goes out with a bang.

Chels likes this.
  24. Darth Dru

Feb 1, 2013

Chewie won't be back, and regardless of what idea they end up going with, whether Han is alive or dead at the start of Ep7, the protagonists will definitely include one or more of Han & Leia's kids and/or grand kids. We'll likely see a completely new Jedi character as well to go along with them, and Luke will play the wise old Jedi Master mentor role a la Obi-Wan. A very powerful Sith Lord from the past will also make an unexpected reappearance, there will be the obligatory seduction to the darkside attempted, it's business as usual, and then it all falls apart when they are confronted with something far more powerful and evil than simply the Sith/darkside. Think midichlorian mutation, or anti-midichlorians, a being of pure darkness, pure malevolence, the star wars universe's version of the devil if you will.

25. Darth Dru

Feb 1, 2013
    .....we'll probably see Ben Skywalker as well. I'm sure he'll join the protagonist team at some point.