main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit LEGACY is back!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Volderon, Dec 3, 2012.

1. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I still think Kanos should have dueled Luke Skywalker...

Esg and Zorrixor like this.
  2. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    but then one has to get hurt/die... Better he just avoid Luke and save himself the appendage

3. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Totally randon post, but every time I see this thread title, I just smile. It makes me want to post images that are awesome. Like, really awesome, with a Legacy twist! What sort of images you ask?

THIS SORT:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh, and this one, just to keep celebrating!

[​IMG]

--Adm. Nick

4. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Be careful using that final image... Legacy's comeback could turn out just to be a misinterpretation. :p

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  5. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I just found out about this through an email from my usual comics shop. I'm curious about something though. I thought that Legacy was cancelled at issue #50 and given Legacy: War to wrap up loose threads with. Is this a continuation of the Legacy story or is it just kind of related with 'Legacy' just stamped on it as it's that sort of time frame? I've clearly got no clue as to what going on, so can someone help me out a little?

6. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Its essentially Volume 2, it takes place after War with a new protagonist.

7. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    This, basically. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Legacy_(sequel)

8. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I wonder if Hapes is involved. Ania seems to be Allana's granddaughter.

9. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Oh, that is pretty cool! Thanks. :)
    Looks like I'll be getting this one as I really liked the original Legacy series.

Am I going to need to have read any of the EU to understand what's going on? I did start reading the NJO books but can't seem to find them that easily.

10. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    You don't have to. A good anything is understandable without extensive background info. And especially since this is a continuation of the original Legacy, which you like and know. I myself choose not to read the NJO books and I understand Legacy just fine.

11. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I'd say having read Legacy Volume 1 would be more than sufficient MM, though all indications are it'll be the kind of story anyone can pick up and enjoy, regardless of EU knowledge.

thesevegetables likes this.
  12. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    I would not describe this as a continuation. It just takes place in the same time period. Legacy is on the cover for sales. Its not written by same creative team nor does it follow the same protagonist. Heck we did not even know this Solo existed. If it followed one of Bantha's brood that would be something or our new Leader of the Fel Empire.

Not to say I won't read it.

13. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    You can find them on Walmart.Con, Amazon, Ebay.

14. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    John is the king of the obscure Star Wars reference stuff, but he's not writing this so the jury is out. I imagine so long as your up to speed with some general knowledge of the Legacy Era you will be fine.

For instance Legacy 1/2(kinda a comic sized source book for the era) would be a lot more info than I would guess you would need to know.

15. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Hey there. By all appearances, it seems to be a new series; Comic Book Resources has called it as much ("Dark Horse Comics is returning to the post-original trilogy era first as the publisher is set to launch a second "Star Wars: Legacy" series in 2013"), anyway. Oddly enough, though, darkhorse.com isn't numbering the issues in regards to the overall series, but only in regards to the story arc --- that is, Issue 1 is so far being called Star Wars: Legacy: Prisoner of the Floating World, Part 1 instead of Star Wars: Legacy 1: Prisoner of the Floating World, Part 1. That's how Dark Horse traditionally names its alternating miniseries SW titles, not its monthlies. :confused:

It'll be interesting to see how the publishing info included in the issue numbers it. Will it call the first issue Legacy 1, or will it be something like Legacy 51 or Legacy 57, the way that Dark Times also gets a Republic numbering in brackets? Only time will tell.

Cronal and General Immodet like this.
  16. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    In the original Legacy series, Fel and his associates mentioned the members of the Moffs council where as much their enemies as the Sith.
    Fel felt betrayed by the Moffs.
    Since the Chiss Moff (I won't even try to spell his name) and Konrad Rus are still alive, do you think they will make an appearance or whether we will learn what happened to them?

Did you ever read the Legacy comic series, Team Padme?

17. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Hmm, I wonder if we will get a new preview tomorrow for Legacy #2? IIRC, the issue comes out in a week.

--Adm. Nick

18. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Wait, it does? I thought #1 came out at the end of March...

19. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Nevermind... I got #2's date mixed up with Star Wars #2. :oops:

--Adm. Nick

20. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Courtesy of Newsarama, character concept sketches by Hardman, all look very cool indeed:

Ania Solo:
    [​IMG]a

Imperial Knight Yalta Val:
    [​IMG]

Imperial Knight Yalta Val's shuttle:
    [​IMG]

Sith Apprentice:
    [​IMG]

21. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Hmm Yalta looks Asian to me.

Also as for the Sith (Imposter), I guess they are not lying low unless this guy is just faking it.

22. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    General Immodet

No I actually haven't read them. Maybe I will one day but I don't have any current plans to. I wanna read some of the earlier EU stuff first.

Ania is so Allana's granddaughter. They look alike.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Even though Allana's natural hair color is supposed to be red...

Still, so is Ben's hair, yet I've seen a grand total of one image of him with red hair. It's always either brown or dirty blonde.

24. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    So I guess there's definitely Sith in this.

25. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Well, not if the "imposter" bit means what it says (albeit it's odd to give that away up front).

If that is the case, though, it'll actually be a rather neat story, about a Sith-who-isn't-a-Sith and a Suspected-Jedi-who-isn't-a-Jedi.