main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Census Do you believe in ghost/have had a paranormal experience?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Allana_Rey, Feb 4, 2013.

?

Do you believe in ghost/have had a paranormal experience?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    23.6%
  2. No

38 vote(s)
    69.1%
  3. Undecided

4 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I asked someone that same question and the reply was, "I can feel something inside me say
    I really don't think you're strong enough"

Ramza and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    This is basically where I land. I believe in the supernatural in the sense of believing in God and angels and probably demons in a sense, though I don't necessarily think their involvement is very direct and I think most of the time when people think they have supernatural experiences it can be explained scientifically. There are some things that I do believe go beyond that, though. But even the things that are scientific are quite unexplored in many senses and fascinating. The universe is fascinating.

Ghosts, however, I don't really believe in. But Ghost Adventures is one of the greatest shows of all time.

[​IMG]

3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Something that has the word "Ghost" in it. Maybe "Silvan Ghost"? I'd like it to be a nature-thing or maybe a color.

Well, technically, ghosts aren't presumed to be all-powerful and capable of always showing themselves.

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Then there is only one option.

[​IMG]

5. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Space Ghost.

6. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    I vote Clyde.

7. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Santa Kenobi.

8. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Let me throw some bricks into the construction here...assuming this video is not a fake...

And this is me , this might interest some of you

9. DarkSapiens

DarkSapiens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2005
    Well, about the flying brick video, it looks like it was pulled by a string or something similar despite the guy saying it would have been seen with that processing (which I don't know). Also, the bit with the expert has been edited, so we don't know if they have just made it look like he was convinced it was unexplainable while he cast more doubts about the issue or not. That is, if this guy was really an independent expert, which I also don't know… There's nothing about him on the internet except for the Ghost Adventures references. What would have settled the issue would have been entering the room where the brick was thrown and check for real if things were tampered with (one of them didn't seem too scared to have done this). Also, doing a bit of research I find people saying (was it said in the documentary?) that the brick footage was captured by film students? Hmmm…

About the video featuring yourself… I won't say anything until I see the real-time original footage to know what the heck was supposed to be happening there… : P

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  11. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    I'm surprised that only 23% of you are crazy.

12. Yodahasgreenfeet

Nov 4, 2012
    You're open minded, intelligent at least. It's wise for you to question his credibility. Skepticism is healthy for people who don't just let go and start believing in ghosts and other related beliefs. The video I've posted of myself , to be honest I'm not sure what it is supposed to be showing. I had to slow it down that far just to be able to see what was happening. I don't know what it's meant to be showing. I just shared it for fun. There is a faster version I can share with you from my youtube if you want but it's full of extra BS it's there but it's posted with lots of extra garbage in the video. It's not a scientific video by any means.

The most boring explanation is that it's bugs or dust or pollen. But if you watch the video even in slow motion you'll notice that on the left side one of the moving reflective surfaces weaves between branches . Another one curves around the back of my head, changing shape. It could look like a change of shape because of motion blur but if you look there's another one that starts in the middle of my for head and then goes to the left of the screen, I think that's the one that waves between the branches. What are you supposed to be looking at? I don't know. I have no idea. I was meditating and thought it was interesting so I shared it. I have no idea what it is.

13. DarkSapiens

Oct 2, 2005
    That's exactly what I was thinking—fluff of polen moving in the wind. But the speed of the video has been altered so much that I can't be sure…

That's why I was asking for a normal speed version, to see if their movement seemed natural or normal for such thing :)

14. Yodahasgreenfeet

Nov 4, 2012

Oh ok. Mute the video and ignore the stupid **** the sound is
    not importnat.

I have a over active imagination. I'm open to thoughts what it is. I've noticed a few things myself ... I'm insecure to show you this video it looks like I'm ****ing the tree... but yeah...ignore the extra crap.

Check this out
    http://brianjosephkory.deviantart.com/#/d5u26q8

You can't use that word - Lowbacca_1977

15. DarkSapiens

Oct 2, 2005
    Erm… yeah… I've noticed that when it happens you are… rubbing the tree with your head, so they definitely look like stuff coming from the tree. As the bent leaves get free from your hair, they seem to propel (or catapult) that white stuff forward, so many of them just "fly away" from the points where the branch was in contact with your head.

The possibility of the white fluff being pollen knowing that you were acting like if you were ****ing with the tree does bring a new perspective to all this, though… :p

You can't use that word - Lowbacca_1977

16. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Premature ejaculation is generally treatable.

Yodahasgreenfeet likes this.
  17. Yodahasgreenfeet

Nov 4, 2012
    I think you make excellent points, one curves around my head though and another starts on my fore head. But you're right it does look like I catapult them. Dandruff lol?But the one on the left weaves between the branches if it was catapulted I wouldn't expect it to do that. The slow mode shows it. I guess it's possible it bounced alot on the left but I don't know. XD

Thanks . But you're right leaning forwards then back again it appears as if I am flinging something out. XD Maybe it's dandruff or something.

I just focus really hard to avoid that problem ^^^Darth Guy. I focus really hard on not doing the deed and it lasts longer. I can also give you a good TIP how I am able to make it last longer.

18. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Yes, I've experienced some paranormal **** before.

19. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Are they vulnerable to katanas?

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  20. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    It doesn't entirely matter of the brick video is altered, because Zak Bagans' "freak out and scream and run like a girl" reaction is hilarious. Like most things he does.

Of course, if it really weren't altered that would be pretty freaky. And if they set it up, it's a really well done moment of suspense then terror in the film. Way scarier than the last couple Paranormal Activity movies.

And again, screaming like a girl. Though I think the best parts are when girls show up and he becomes 11 or when in recent seasons he actually believes he's got deep spiritual advice to give people. Ahhhahhaha, I love that show.

21. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Whenever I see a ghost, I just declare pizza and we have a pizza party.

22. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    How hilarious..

23. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    No I do not.

24. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    im having a paranormal experience right now. its called "this thread is 10 pages"