main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Grimby , Oct 30, 2012.

1. Eternity85

Eternity85 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    "I have a bad feeling about this"

Of course i'm still going to see it. It seem like Star Wars will never end.

Good to be back by the way; its a little strange, but I guess i'll get used to the new design eventually.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    As long as Star Wars is consistently good, I don't mind it never ending.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  3. Darth Dru

Darth Dru Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    Disney will likely produce several more movies and spin offs, even after the ST is done.

4. AlkalineAmidala

AlkalineAmidala Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2012
    This is such an amazing thought! As much as I'm wary of VII and anything that follows, and as much negativity that I've heard from everyone and their mom on the internet, who knows!? It could be so amazing. I mean, it could be crap, but in a weird kinda way, until it comes out and is crap, who cares!? We get to feel the anticipation, and anxiety, and hope for what could be produced visually and audibly... Mayhaps I cling a bit too much to the "Hope springs eternal" school of thought when it comes to SW, but still! Dressing up, and new shirts, and more topics of conversation on TFN Council Forums.

5. Eternity85

Jan 24, 2008
    My fear is that they will somehow degrade the original saga. Imagine if they introduce new Sith; that would destroy the entire purpose of the original saga. The destruction of the Sith is the end of Anakins destiny. Dark jedi would be okey of course, but the Sith died with Vader and Sidious. I just hope they will stay true to the original saga when they make the new movies, which i hope will have nothing to do with the original story. I think it would be healthy for everyone if we had a fresh start, the beginning of a new era.

6. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Exactly! Tis about the ride now, let's enjoy it while it lasts!

And if they do an 'homage' introduction of Luke, a hooded man pulling it back ala Obi-Wan, I reserve the right to scream like a little girl!

7. wookiebk

wookiebk Jedi Padawan

May 6, 2004
    Pretty sure the prequels already took care of destroying the OT.

Besides all one needs is motive and knowledge of the dark side of the force to be a sith lord. The deaths of Vader and Sidious does not automatically mean the sith can never return again.

8. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    No.

9. MiamiJedi

MiamiJedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2013
    As someone who first saw Episode IV at the Cameo Theatre in what is now South Beach back in 78 .....I feel so OLD... I wonder if I will be able to relate to the new saga....imagine if we get Beiber, Jonas Brothers, and those Twilight actors in Episode VII..it would suck so much! [face_cow]

10. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    From what I heard from Disney and read from LFL the spin offs will be about characters that we'll see in VII, but that won't be a part of the overall story. So, I don't think we'll be seeing movies about Yoda, Obi-Wan, or Vader, etc. They are all big parts of the overall story. Plus, we've been told that the writers are already consulting with JJ about the spin offs, so my bet would be on new characters. However, just because the spin offs will be released after VII, that doesn't mean that the spin offs will take place after VII. And I think there'll be some kind of "hook" near the end linking them to the ST like in Capt. America, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, and Iron Man had links to The Avengers.

11. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Oh really? Please explain in a 5 paragraph essay citing sources. Plagiarism is highly frowned upon.

eht13, Chels and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  12. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    I saw ANH in 1977 at age nine. Imagine if we get something better than ANH and ESB?

13. Skywalker2B

Dec 8, 2000
    Ya got me by a couple years, DZ. I was seven in 77. I don't remember much about the years before ESB came out, except getting lots of SW toys. But, between ESB and RotJ I remember all of the speculationa and conversations at the bus stop and everywhere about "Who is the other?" and "Did Vader lie?". Back then, there was no internet, so no spoilers. It was a long wait. I'm glad that it's not like that anymore. I love all of the little tidbits of info we get in between films. And now we'll have 3 movies to get scoops on (VII and the 2 spin offs). Fun times.

admiral_Jim likes this.
  14. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    It was a very different time. There was no Twitter. :) My friend was convinced Darth Vader was a robot. I couldn't talk him out of it!

admiral_Jim likes this.
  15. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    A lot of people thought the stormtroopers were robots.

Robots whose outer coverings can conveniently be worn as uniforms. :rolleyes:

eht13 and CT-867-5309 like this.
  16. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    It was fun having a talk with a friend who is 10 years older than me about Star Wars and hearing his views on it. He has vivid memories of seeing the OT in the theaters (where I was 2 when ROTJ was in theaters). He's mad at himself for tainting that memory by watching the special edition versions. He also didn't understand why the PT looked better/newer than the OT if the OT is supposed to take place after the PT.

I think it's funny hearing the same stuff from him that I've read on these boards at different times. It's amazing how people value their memories and experience of those memories and how they blame others for "raping" those memories OVER everything else. I guess I'm just more open minded and welcome new ideas, new changes, new experiences.

Darth Chiznuk and Chels like this.
  17. Skywalker2B

Dec 8, 2000
    My mother got me out of school early to get in line for RotJ (I was second in line). My aunt and uncle from out of state visited just to see it with me. We continued that "tradition" by having my uncle come and see the prequels with me opening night (I was 1st for RotS). Hopefully, he'll be able to see the new ones with me. Those are good memories.

I must be an exception. I don't blame anyone for "raping" my childhood. I'm thankful for some memories and experiences that I wouldn't have had otherwise. And now, I'm making more memories with my kids. I'll always cherish the time I had with my kids at CV and CVI and I look forward to taking them to all of the upcoming premieres.

18. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Alas for I will most likely not have kids when VII comes out since it potentially comes out the year after I graduate from college.

19. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    I don't understand your problem. If you're in college, then you've been fertile and capable of spreading your seed for a few years now. [face_dunno] Get to breeding already!

FRAGWAGON and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Guys ten years younger than you have set up franchises, already...

21. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Okay I'll do it!
    <gets arrested by campus police for streaking>

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  22. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    I don't think you're doing it right. I think we've established the problem here.

23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
  24. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    Not necessarily. Even if there are new Sith, Anakin still would have destroyed them. There was nothing in the prophecy about destroying them permanently. The Sith will rise again. As far as "Dark Jedi", it's the same thing because if they are the only ones they will declare themselves as Sith. The way to become Sith is basically just to be the most powerful dark force user.

25. Eternity85

Jan 24, 2008
    They may claim to be Sith; but the true Sith were the followers of the tradition that Darth Bane initiated. This tradition was broken permanently in ROTJ. The Sith have certain knowledge and philosophies that not just anyone can adopt. The ancient wisdom of the Sith was destroyed along with Sidious and Vader.