main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series For Discussion of Old TCW episodes...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CT-867-5309, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Did you know that both Di goes down at like 19 minutes in? I timed this once with Dark Lord Tarkas when we watched it and he goes down at the same minute Cut gets trapped under the rubble in "The Deserter". I'd imagine Di and Keeli got about as much screen time. Jar Jar was slightly funny with the plates the first time but I've on repeat viewings the humor wears off even with my lame filter charged.

2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I didn't care for the Onderon arc, I'd take the Ryloth arc over that any day. I am a big fan of the younglings arc, but I'm not sure where I'd place it in the scope of the series. The very first episode I liked more than most of S1, but overall the arc didn't keep up that level of quality IMO (even though it didn't get bad).

07jonesj likes this.
  3. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Oh, I'd agree that Ryloth is better. Though Ryloth is my favourite arc of Season 1, so doesn't really represent the 22 episodes.

I enjoyed each episode of the youngling arc with the last one being my favourite, so I didn't feel it slumped. Big fan of Katooni/Hondo though.

We have the infamous fart joke in Season 1, so I guess it has that going for it. ;)

QuangoFett likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Jedi Crash:

Solid opening. Were Anakin and Aayla talking through the Force? Her saying "Skywalker, hurry" and the expression on Anakin's face reminded me a bit of Luke and Leia on Cloud City.

LOL "super droids." It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a super droid!

Battle was great, Anakin showed himself as a strategist, and his getting hurt was as tense as it was the first time I saw it.

"Are all Jedi so reckless?"
    "Only the good ones." Epic.

I enjoyed seeing in action the navicomputer coordinate problem described as a possibility by Han in ANH, with their almost hitting the star.

Great talk between Ahsoka and Aayla about attachment and the importance of putting the good of the group first.

Poor Anakin, waking up from a comatose state to the sight of Buckbeak.

I liked the villagers giving their take on the Jedi; it was a sad show of how well Palpatine's plan was working, the plan to use the war to turn ordinary people against the Jedi.

And Anakin was healed of course, and a moment of hilarity there when he said, "Um, Snips???" at the sight of about ten villagers standing over his stretcher looking at him like he was a circus freak.

One of my only 10/10s.

07jonesj likes this.
  5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Jedi Crash is a great episode overall, I love the seeing the Jedi challenged on whether they're really abiding by the morals they preach, and as you said the action sequence in the opening is freaking amazing, still probably one of the best of the series. And that means you have Mr. Sulu coming up next....

6. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Wat

07jonesj likes this.
  7. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    The character interaction, damn it! Don't get me arrested! :p

8. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Hey, what a guy gets up to in his own time is none of my business. /jk :p

07jonesj likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yep, watching them in order. Given that this season is ending in ****ing March, I'll probably have time to finish all four out-on-DVD seasons plus stream all of Season 5 by the time we get new episodes.

Seerow (or anyone else), any interest in a viewing party for the Ryloth arc?

07jonesj likes this.
  10. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Yes, yes, and yes. Love the Ryloth trilogy, and haven't seen it in a while.

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Whoa. We have some interesting people in this thread. I'm calling the police now. <<;

Um... sure.

07jonesj likes this.
  12. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Look, I did mention the cadets suddenly look quite nice... but I'm being set up on this one, I swear!

I'm picking WAC to be my defense attorney. He always wanted to be more than a pilot.

Seerow and QuangoFett like this.
  13. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I'm in for a Ryloth viewing, start it out right with Supply Lines!

14. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Does that mean we need to watch Ambush too? :p

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    WAC will probably just tell you to commit suicide when you ask him to defend you. Your just digging yourself in deeper. Now your in loli territory. =b

Why not do all five of them? This can be the arc we watch end Feb.

07jonesj likes this.
  16. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    WAC: "Not only is my... uh, client... guilty of being a creep, he's also guilty of murdering 5 members of the Senate! And speeding! Oh, and he stole one of your cookies once."

Judge: "Will... that be all?"

WAC: "He cheats at Poker. The defense rests."

Sure. Watching Ambush will give us the illusion of time passing on Ryloth anyhow.

Seerow likes this.
  17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    WAC: "He's the kind of guy who asks to be the banker in Monopoly so he can steal money and fake people out on how much they paid.

Five episodes almost sounds like a challenge though. "Who can survive?"

07jonesj likes this.
  18. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Don't you mean, "Who will fall?" :p

Meh, I'm the guy that sits down and watches Return of the King's extended cut in one sitting. I think I'll last 5 episodes. 'Specially because the best stuff comes at the end!

I do like being the banker actually. You get to watch everybody else kill each other. Monopoly's a cutthroat game, y'know?

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    LOL. I'm try and get through 10 in a sitting soon anyways. With Monopoly is usually ends with the players losing interest and decided to play UNO thinking no one will cheat and it'll be a short game then someone tries to save a Wild Draw Four for the end.

07jonesj likes this.
  20. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    10? Any particular reason?

I haven't played UNO in ages. I remember I had a big launcher-thing where you'd press the button and it'd throw your card at you! There was a 25% chance of you just fumbling and showing everyone else your cards.

Seerow likes this.
  21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Actually more than that., I have to watch "The Mandalorian Plot", "Voyage of Temptation", "Duchess of Mandalore", "Corruption", "The Academy", "Nightsisters", "Monster", "Witches of the Mist", "A Friend in Need", "Brothers", "Revenge", "Revival", "Eminence", "Shades of Reason", and "Lawless". 16. x.x;

[​IMG]

QuangoFett, cwustudent and 07jonesj like this.
  22. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Oh, you're watching the whole Mandalore/Maul plot. I bet that'd be a pretty cool watch actually.

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah. I want to see what the bigger arc is like. I did a similar thing after Umbara aired where I watched; "Clone Cadets", "Rookies", "ARC Troopers", "Movie", "The Deserter" (Cuz this come after ARC Troopers in my personal canon), The Citadel arc, and Umbara as a long clone arc. I got good insights from doing that.
    ",

cwustudent likes this.
  24. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Worth it! I did that during the week leading to The Lawless.

Seerow likes this.
  25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I already did the Maul ones leading up to "Eminence" twice. Once in a little viewing party but have no included the Satine/Deathwatch eps yet.