main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Journal of Talon Tantiss (DDC 2013 ) Updated 22 Dec 2013--Complete.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks benknobi1, Jade_eyes, Hazel, and Briannakin for reading and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it. I will soon be introducing Jaden and Talon Tantiss in the story Sacrifices, so this will explain a little of their back story.

~JL~

Entry 8

Things have been quieting down a bit. My story is becoming old news and now the top Holonet story involves some Gungan song rapper. It became a holonet sensation and now everybody is making their own version of the holo. It is ridiculously stupid. The main chorus is “Messa do it Gungan Style”.

Hopefully after that dies down it will be replaced by a holo of cute pittins wearing hats.

Mom has been giving dad fits though. Most of the people in the Temple don’t know Dad is a clone. He has kept that a secret for a long while. I know the Skywalkers, Solos, Horns, Solusars, and the Wild Karde crew all know, but few others do. She told dad that she has been getting dirty looks and people are whispering behind her back and believe she had an affair with my Uncle Luke. She told dad she is thinking about moving out of the Temple. That freaked out my dad out because he thought she was leaving him. I don’t know why he would believe that. I think deep down he has some self-esteem problem about being a clone.

I know he had told me he keeps it secret because he wasn’t sure how people would react. He didn’t care about himself, but it would hurt him if people discriminated against his family because they thought him less than human. He said he knew the Old Republic had no problems building a slave clone army and using them as cannon fodder against the Separatist Droid Army. Dad did a lot of research on the clone wars. It is a sore subject for him. When we talk about Jedi ethics he always points out the hypocrisy. Part of the old Jedi code said “The Jedi will respect all life, in any form”. He thought the clones were treated inhumanly. They had no choice in their fate. Deserters were hunted down and killed.

Anyway, Dad is sure there is still lingering bias against clones and wanted to keep things secret, but he didn’t want to move his family out of the safety of the Temple, so we had a family meeting. My older brother Jaden, me and my parents all sat together and discussed our options. Mom never really cared that Dad was a clone. Jaden said he can care less if Dad revealed the truth. I wasn’t sure what reaction I would get from my friends, but I didn’t want my mother to be viewed as some home-wrecking woman. We decided the Jedi should know…at least the ones who lived in the temple that my mother would have contact with.

Uncle Luke got the Masters and Jedi together and revealed that Dad is his clone. After the laughter subsided, Uncle Luke explained the obvious differences between the two men. My mother was relieved and decided to continue living in the temple.

Everybody seemed very supportive. I hope this ends the controversy.

2. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    “Messa do it Gungan Style”.

[face_rofl] [face_rofl] Lady, you always crack me up.

And I'm glad that the cat's out of the bag, at least with the people who need to know!!

3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm glad it's out in the open and everyone knows Kira isn't a Skywalker home-wrecker, but I have my suspicions Mark is in for some controversy.

4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    This has to be complicates for the Tantiss family. I hope Mark doesn't get any downfall for his disclosure. I bet he's thisnk right about now that he should have dyed Talon's hair and eyes as a baby. :p

5. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Gungan Style.[face_laugh]
    --
    "self-esteem" issues because he is a clone. Hmm, I guess that goes without saying.:p

btw what are pittens?

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    :D :) I know everyone's relived ;)

7. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    From their description in Wookieepedia I would say they are kittens. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Pittin And I just realized I spelled the word wrong. Well, actually 18 year old Talon spelled it wrong. It's his journal. I went and corrected it for him.

benknobi1 likes this.
  8. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks Jade_eyes, benknobi1, Hazel, Briannakin, and ginchy for reading and taking the time to review. Yeah, I think maybe Mark should have died Talon's hair as a baby. When VagabondX drew that Tantiss family portrait for me he originally had Talon's hair red. I had to ask him to paint the hair blond.;)

ENTRY 9

Anakin finally proposed to Tahiri. It’s about time. Jaden is thrilled. Anakin will be moving out of the Bachelor Apprentice Quarters and into the Family Housing Unit. And this makes me happy because Jaden won’t be exiled from his quarters and end up crashing on the floor of my room anymore…unless he gets another roommate who’s equally lucky with the ladies. That would be a bummer.

Of course, living with my parents is not much better, half the time I have to sleep with a pillow over my head to block out the strange noises coming from their sleeping chambers. I have no idea what creepy things my parents are up to...and I don't want to know. Once I caught my dad at two in the morning grabbing whipped cream out of the cooling unit. That alone wouldn’t be so weird, but he was wearing boxer shorts, a cape and an Imperial Sentinel helmet at the time. Luckily, I ran back to my room before he realized I saw him. I really didn’t want to hear what type of lame explanation he was going to give me for wearing that costume.

Maybe I should ask Jaden if I could become his roommate. I really doubt he will remain alone in a double room for long. After all, the Academy is growing everyday. Jaden is not a speciesist but I really don’t think he would enjoy living with a shedding Wookiee, an odorous Tof, or an arrogant Arkanian. He’d be better off with me.

But that's all going to have to wait until after Anakin and Tahiri’s wedding. I was told a wild bachelor party was being planned for Anakin. That should be fun. Maybe there will be lady dancers…hopefully of the human variety. I am not a speciesist either, but that female Rodian dancer that showed up at Rayf Ysanna’s bachelor’s party just didn’t do anything for me…although the Askajian that danced afterwards was interesting...very interesting.

I shouldn’t be thinking about such things. I have enough girl troubles as it is.

9. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Good man:p
    Real men date Twi'leks...:D

EmeraldJediFire and Jade_eyes like this.
  10. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh dear. If this bachelor party is anything like traditional Jedi bachelor parties, Talon is in for a wild night :D

benknobi1 likes this.
  11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Once I caught my dad at two in the morning grabbing whipped cream out of the cooling unit. That alone wouldn’t be so weird, but he was wearing boxer shorts, a cape and an Imperial Sentinel helmet at the time. Luckily, I ran back to my room before he realized I saw him.

[face_rofl] Actually I would have loved the hear Mark explain that :p

Jade_eyes likes this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Donna, [face_shhh] I love how and where your mind wanders, i.e. what you have Mark and Kira doing [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] !!! Although poor Talon [face_mischief] he and Ben could commisserate on the "Your folks still do that?" [face_rofl] Yuppers, real men date Twi-leks or ladies with snark [face_dancing] [face_dancing] As you can tell, Kira and Mara have both.

[:D] !!!!

13. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Poor[quote="benknobi1, post: 50398576, member: 699445"]
    Real men date Twi'leks...:D[/quote]

Poor Talon. And I agree with the above statement lol

benknobi1 likes this.
  14. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks EmeraldJediFire, Jade_eyes, Hazel, benknobi1, and Briannakin for reading. Mark and Kira have an active love life. :p Hopefully Anakin's bachelor party will be just as interesting as Luke's.

Entry 10

Dad’s in trouble with Mom…again. He came home a few days ago driving a speeder bike. He didn’t tell Mom he was going to buy one…probably because he knew she hates speeder bikes. She thinks they’re way too dangerous. They argued about it for a while and finally he admits he got it because his friend Corran Horn made fun of his ‘family’ speeder.

In my father’s defense, I don’t blame him for not wanting to drive the family vehicle anymore. It’s a modified seven-seat speeder whose back seats can be folded down into the chassis to make room for freight. He bought it with my mother in mind because she could use it for her catering jobs. Dad drove that around until recently when Mom decided to have the sides of the speeder painted with the restaurant logo. That was bad enough but there was a wreath of Ithorian roses framing the design.

Come on, Mom! Dad’s a Jedi warrior; he shouldn’t have to ride around in a family speeder with flowers painted on the side.

Anyway, Corran Horn, sarcastically commented to Dad that he had such a pretty speeder. That got my dad hot under the collar so he decided to get a speeder bike…because everybody knows having a landspeeding crotch-rocket is the best way to prove you’re a real man. Unfortunately he got one a little too small for his body weight. My father is 2.10 meters in height and probably 125 kilograms. When he drove down the street the back end of the bike sat a little too close to the ground and would bottom out when he went over rough terrain. Dad would need a turbo charged swoop to hold his weight.

I guess it could be worse. Two years ago Corran made fun of Dad’s ‘family’ shuttle (I have no idea why those two like to harass each other. Mom says it’s because they like each other so much). Dad got upset and bought an old Headhunter and then retrofitted the wings and engines onto the shuttle fuselage. He now says it is his modified Headhunter. It is more like a modified ‘Mommy shuttle’. My Aunt Mara saw it and laughed so hard I thought she would break a rib. Uncle Han thought it was cool, though.

Getting back to my story…Mom finally told my dad he could keep the bike if he increased his life insurance policy because she knows he’s going to get himself killed.

Dad left in a huff and then came back four hours later without the speeder bike but instead a sleek, bright red, high performance, two-seater airspeeder…the kind of vehicle a man going through a mid-life crisis would buy. Mom just rolled her eyes and said that was better. Hopefully that solved the problem. Mom gets the flower covered cargo speeder and dad gets the Manly-Mobile (I hope he'll let me drive it sometime).

15. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Crotch rocket *covers mouth* sorry that's all I got out of it after reading (it was good) but LOL

16. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    You never heard that term? Maybe it was before your time. We used to call motorbikes that all the time.

17. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    It sounds familiar..but no never. It's still funny.

18. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm getting a common theme in this journal: Talon gets in trouble, Mark gets in trouble... who's next to feel he wrath of a woman?

19. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Personaly, i pick up all sorts of new vocabulary while reading your fics Donna. ;)

I can just imagine that 'mommy-shuttle'. [face_laugh]

20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    You know what they say, "Write what you know." I have two boys 17 months apart in age just like Talon and Jaden and I have a husband who brought a motorcycle home without telling me he was going to buy one. I told him, "If you get a motorcycle, then I want a cat so I will have somebody to talk to once you're dead." I got the cat I wanted (Hubby was then a cat hater) and once he crashed his motorcycle he decided I was right...those things are dangerous. He does things like that to me all the time. One time be brought home the mother-of-all trucks. A six wheeled 'Dually' that got 12 miles per gallon. Then he watched that TV show Storage Wars and decided he was going to make a lot of money doing that. I come home and there is a carnival food trailer in my driveway. He's like, "I got such a deal...these things are over $20K new and I got it for $2000! Of course, he couldn't sell it. Then he brought home a Animal Control Kennel that goes on the back of a truck. We don't even own a dog. He thought he would sell it for a profit...but no. I put my foot down when he brought home a beauty parlor hairdrying chair. You know the one they plop on your head when you are getting your hair dyed. He tried to sell that and couldn't.

NO MORE! Mr. "I'm retired and never have to work again" needs to get a job!! And you don't want to know what mischief my sons get into. I was horrified when my oldest son told me something he shared in debate class...something about me!!! ACK! So, yeah, there is a general theme based on my experiences.

21. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    [face_rofl] Poor Mark. No one can look cool in a family speeder with Ithorian roses on the side. So now that he has the hot new speeder are all the ladies going to be throwing themselves at him? Take some of the slack off Talon. LOLOL!!

22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    That would probably scare Mark enough to sell the speeder. The last thing he wants is to screw up his relationship with his lady. He married The Emperor's Chef...and to him that beats The Emperor's Hand anyday...but just don't tell Luke he said that.

23. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks Hazel, ginchy, Briannakin, and EmeraldJediFire for reading. Here is my next entry.

The song in this story was based on the real life Jedi Drinking song by the Brobdingnagian Bards.

Entry 11

Stang! Tonight was fun! It was Anakin’s bachelor party. We went to a cantina that Anakin’s father highly suggested. It was a place called the Red Rancor…which is coincidently what my father calls his ship. I wonder if there is a connection there? Anyway, Han Solo said going to the Red Rancor for bachelor parties was an old Corellian tradition and since he was paying for the party he had a say in the venue.

What I didn’t know was that all our fathers were going to the party also. Why in the worlds would Anakin invite his dad, Luke, Corran and my father? It sort of puts a crimp on our style. There is no way they would tolerate us getting drunk and starting a bar fight…they are all too prim and proper for that kind of behavior. Not that I wanted to get drunk and fight, but if I did…the option is no longer there.

Despite the presense of our aging fathers, we did manage to have fun. There was me, Jaden, Anakin, Jacen, Valin and Ben all sitting around a large table at the center of the tavern. The food was good and there was plenty of drinks courtesy of the father of the groom, but no strippers. Anakin said he was scared of Tahiri showing up with lightsaber blazing if she got a hint that scantily clad women would be there.

“Gods, you are so whipped!” I said to Anakin.

He just frowned at me. “She didn’t say I couldn’t have strippers. I just didn’t want to do anything that might upset her.”

“Ha! In other words, whipped!” Jaden yelled out then went back to drinking his second mug of ale.

“At least I have a woman,” Anakin shot back to Jaden.

That got my big brother riled up. “Who said I don’t have a woman?”

“If you do it must be the invisible woman.” Anakin joked.

“Or she could be a student at the university I am attending,” Jaden replied. “Not all of us date female Jedi.”

“Although some may want to,” I said with a snarky tone. I know Jaden has had a crush on a couple Jedi ladies at the Temple. Talk about a wuss! He is too scared to approach them.

“Oh no,” Jacen moaned as he looked up to the tavern's small stage by the dance floor. “Please don’t tell me they're going to sing.”

We looked up to see Han Solo and Corran Horn walk up to the microphone on stage. Both were holding large mugs of ale in their hands. The establishment had a Singing-Assist machine. A patron could pick a song and the background music would play as the lyrics moved across a screen. The patron would then sing the lyrics…usually very badly…as their friends cringed in the audience.

We heard the background music of a traditional Corellian drinking dirge sound out from the speakers. I notice Jacen, Anakin and Valin all slid down in their seats a bit as they tried to hide their faces.

“Somebody please kill me,” Jacen moaned as his father started belting out a horribly off tune rendition of the song.

In a Corellian pub far, far away,
    I sat on a barstool, just drinking away,
    I couldn't hold it down, I guess I had too much
    I felt a tremor in the force and then I lost my lunch

“No, kill me first,” Valin moaned as Corran chimed in with the chorus.

So let’s all drink up and prepare to fight
    In defense of Corellia we ride tonight!

Ben laughed. “Hey Corellian drinking songs come with the territory. At least you don’t have to hear the ‘When I was a boy I had to get up before sunrise to fix moisture evaporators.' lecture.”

“No,” Anakin shot back. “We have to hear, ‘When I was your age I had two death sentences on my head and had to support myself by swoop racing.’”

“Oh Gods!” Ben put his head down on the table in an exaggerated look of embarrassment. “My dad’s going up on stage with them. He isn’t even Corellian!”

Luke was now on the stage and the three men were trying to wave my father up to sing also, but Dad refused with a shake of his head. My father doesn’t drink so his inhabitations were obviously firmly in place. Still, the fear that he would go up almost had me fleeing the establishment. Luckily Ben’s younger brothers showed up.

Jak and Owen were identical twins born to Luke and Mara a couple years after Ben was born. Both had green eyes and dark blond hair that would get reddish highlights when they spent too much time in the sun. They were tanned, having not inherit the pale skin and freckled complexion of their older brother Ben. They were okay guys, but they had this creepy identical twin vibe going on all the time. They would finish each other’s sentences and often would dress alike.

“Guys,” one of the twins said as he ran up to the table. At that point I wasn’t sure if I was dealing with Jak or Owen. “We found where the…”

“Bachelorette party is being held,” the other twin said as he came up behind his brother.

Anakin perked up. “Really? Where?”

“Two blocks down. At a tavern called The Palace. It’s ladies’ night.” The twin, who I am fairly certain is Jak, smirked. “There are tons of hot looking ladies down there.”

“Do you want to go check it out?” Owen asked.

I look up to the stage and see my father has given in to peer-pressure and was joining Luke, Han and Corran up on the stage. “Yes!” I say enthusiastically. “Let’s get out of here!”

We moved out to the crisp night air and quickly walk down to The Palace. We paid the cover charge to a guy that gave us a weird look. I wasn’t sure what that was about until we got inside and realized it was not just ladies night, but Male Revue Night.

So now I am thinking, ‘Why do the ladies get male strippers when we couldn’t have female dancers?’

“Stang!” Jaden exclaimed. “Valin…is that your sister Jysella in a microdress and putting credits into that guy’s…ummm…front pouch?”

Valin looked over to where Jaden pointed and turned white. “Oh Gods!”

“She looks beautiful.” The words came out of Jaden in almost a whisper, but Valin must have heard him because he gave my brother a light punch on the arm.

“Don’t be looking at my sister like that!”

“Valin,” Ben chuckled. “Women don’t wear dresses like that unless they want to be looked at.”

Jacen let out a gasp. “Oh Force…is that my sister next to Jysella?”

Owen started cracking up. “Yes, and it’s too bad she’s my cousin. She looks…” He didn’t get to finish the sentence. Jacen shot him such a glare that both twins slunk back a step.

“Wow, that dude is really rubbing up against Jaina.” Ben remarked hoarsely as he stared transfixed at the scene before him.

“Tahiri!” Anakin mumbled in shock as he saw his fiancé laugh and throw credits up on the stage to a muscular man with tight, tight shorts that outlined his manly assets in a way that made the women scream but made me queasy.

Then I saw something I never want to see again. There in a corner booth cheering the young Jedi on were…our mothers!

“Oh kriff! Mom’s here!” I said to Jaden as I pointed to a dark corner of the club.

“And my mother!” Anakin said looking faint.

“Isn’t that Mirax Horn with them also?”

“And that redhead that is facing away from us…” Owen started.

“Is our mom!” the other twin finished.

Ben looked like he was going to be ill. “I think I’ve seen enough.”

We all agreed and nearly ran out of the tavern. We didn’t want anybody seeing us there.

So we went back to the Red Rancor. By that time Han and Chewie were fighting with a swoop gang. At least the night wasn't a total bust.

24. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    OMG! I don't know what part is the funniest![face_laugh][face_rofl][face_rofl]

25. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    You know, I was going to pick the funniest part to quote in my reply. Unfortunately (or rather fortunately), it's pretty much the whole post!. Though the point when I lost it was when they spotted their mothers. Poor dears, scarred for life! Good thing they found a nice wholesome bar fight to end the night with. [face_laugh]