main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor A stand-alone Yoda film?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by ManaByte, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013

Exactly. Love of the character can be the reason to not want to see more. More is not always better.

2. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    Del Toro said no to VII... but maybe yes to Yoda?

I mean his love for Puppets/practical Effects kombined with some mysterious Storyline/Dark Fairytale ala Pans Labyrinth could work very well i think.

Maybe Yoda teams up with Yaddle... hm.

3. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    How do you know this?

4. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    RIP Stuart Freeborn 98- on BBC news- sad sad day.

TreborSabreon and Count Yubnub like this.
  5. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    :_| I know, I read that too. He helped bring Yoda to life and his makeup skills were incredible.

6. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Dude! You just wrecked my day! Sad day indeed.

7. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    Sorry I know I was really knocked back when I read the news.

8. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
  9. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012

10. Air Jedi

Air Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    In Episodes 1-6 Yoda is like Michael Jordan playing for the Washington Wizards, he's still great but too old to dominate the way he once did.

Yoda is the Michael Jordan of the Jedi Order, let's see him in his Chicago Bulls days, let's see him in his prime.

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Ewwwwwwww

12. bighairedaristocrat

bighairedaristocrat Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2013
    He doesnt know anything. He's just trying to make himself sound important by pretending to be "in the know." He's not. He's just speculating like everyone else.

That said, i do think he's right. its reasonable to conclude that pretty much "everything" you or I can imagine is being considered by Disney. The Star Wars Universe is probably the "richest" franchise to ever exist when it comes to the numver of good stories to be told. I'm sure Disney will make a profit on their purchase before the 3rd movie even comes out. Eventually, we'll get Old republic movies. I'm sure there will be new TV series, animated series, spinoff movies based on characters that havent been created yet... there are so many stories that could be told. At some point, even Episodes I-VI are going to get remade. As sacriligous as that might sound, theres money to be made and fans will want to see it. Some, like me, will even be glad to Episodes I-III that dont suck. When you think about it, by the time Episode IX rolls around, A New Hope will be 40 years old. Given how frequently Hollywood likes to reboot its franchises, you have to ask yourself, why WOULDN'T Disney remake it?

I agree 100% with your last statement. Thats why I hope that the Yoda film doesnt simply try to "fill in the gaps" of what we know of Yodas life. I dont want to see Yoda as an impuslsive inexperienced padawan. I dont care what Planet he came from. I'd prefer the Yoda Spinoff deal with Yoda when he's already a few hundred years old, and very wise, but still in his prime and a comple bad-a$$ who doesnt need a cane. i'd like the movie to focus on a specific mission/adventure and not just provide the highlights of his 900 year old life.

Speaking of which, we dont even know how long a "year" in the SW universe is. Its certainly not a 365 day earth year. It could equate to 300 Earth years or 2,000 Earth years. Potentially, the Yoda spin-off COULD be in the KOTR era when sith were plentiful..

Echo-07 likes this.
  13. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    We need to stop taking dates so literally. After all, if I said that the last time a pope resigned was 600 years ago, would that mean the last time a pope resigned was in 1413? Similarly, Yoda's "900 years", the Sith's "a millenium", and the Republic's "1000 years" could all be referring to the same period of galactic history.

14. bighairedaristocrat

bighairedaristocrat Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2013
    Excellent point. I think its safe to assume that Yoda is pretty close to 900 years old (if he were 840, he would probably have rounded down. if he were 960, he would have probably rounded up). But the Sith's "millenium" and Republics "1000 years" could be much broader. if something happened 8000 years ago, i think alot of people would say "millenium". Further, at the end of TPM, Yoda said, "always two there are, no more, no less: a master and an apprentice." He COULD have been speaking from personal experience. We could concievably see a young, but still mature, wise, and totaly bad-a$$ yoda personally making the Sith extinct. Since EU explanations/timelines are irrelevant, we might even get to see Darth Plageus be killed by his apprentice, and the apprentice killed by Yoda.

darklordoftech likes this.
  15. Revenge of the Dak

Revenge of the Dak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 27, 2012
    So, if a generation is between 20-25 years and "For over a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic." Does this mean the Repubic was around for 20,000+ yrs? I don't know much about OR (cept for wook and essentials guide) and if that is the case when is Yoda gonna show up...at the tail end of it all really.

Disney is gonna have a field day with SW!

16. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Although GL did intend Sidious to be the apprentice, this post is awesome!
    GL definately did not intend "for over a thousand generations" to be literal. But yes, the Republic is 25,000 years old in the EU.

17. GODLIKE

GODLIKE Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2012
    I would say episode 1-3 is Wizards Jordan and episode 4-6 is like retired Jordan

18. Air Jedi

Air Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    That makes sense, we still haven't seen Yoda in his prime though, and that is something I want to see badly.

19. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
  20. The_Coon

The_Coon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2013
    theme song

21. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    He doesn't.

22. Golden Jedi Knight

Golden Jedi Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    I already know what species he is. He is a gigantic midichlorian!

TreborSabreon and The Hellhammer like this.
  23. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    sooo... 2 hours of Yoda going about his boring life alone in the swamps of Dagobah... maybe he has a white ball where he paints a face so it can be his friend?...[face_clown]

24. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I don't like the idea of a yoda film... One of the best characters ever created -just not for his own film. Less is more.

25. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    I think Yoda should remain an enigma.