main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Is it time for new "next generation"?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BoromirsFan, Feb 6, 2013.

1. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    By this I mean that I feel like the 90's to now we have had the Solo kids and Ben as the future. But Jacen and Anakin have been dead for quite some time now, I wonder if maybe there should be a marked effort to create a new band of heroes post ROTJ.

I don't mean Legacy. It is brilliant, but it is a different medium.

I am just thinking about how VII will effect the EU, and I realize that its not as exciting as getting new material in the PT or Legacy or KOTOR.

This is based on the idea that VII is still going to use the big three in some role, big or small. If VII follows this guess, then its not as exciting because we have already been on Luke's future adventures. Its not "completely" new.

I just hope that eventually we get a new generation of characters to follow, and hopefully they won't be killed off before they can reach their potential.

2. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    Galactic Mating Time! All characters get in shape and prepare to make love, not war!

3. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Before you begin, Beldorian the Hutt will give you some inspiration from his vast library. It will change the way you view mating for all time.

CeiranHarmony and Zorrixor like this.
  4. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    If the galaxy got to see inside Beldorian's formidable library it would scar them all for life.

The cycle of reproduction would end and the entire universe would become extinct.

5. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    And when you think that Beldorian acutally had someone (wasn't it Daala's lover boy?) EDIT the whole thing. I mean talk about a cruel and unusual punishment (Palpatine could have used it on Lemelisk). Thinking about it, I guess it doesn't help Daala's sanity, having a boyfriend who saw that formidable library and ......... never mind, rather not think about it.

6. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    J.J. Abrams killed Kirk's dad before the credits in ST. He blew up Vulcan on screen and Romulus off screen. So he's not afraid of killing folks off.
    As for new characters. My bet is that they'll all be new. Unless R2, Threepio and Chewie are in EP VII. Star Wars, at least on screen, is a "family franchise". The heros will live.

7. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    One of the November editions of Entertainment Weekly mentioned that the ST were likely going to use the Big Three (but in mentoring roles) so there might be a sort of new generation. I don't know who they will be, but that was the gist of what I'd read.

8. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    The new generation was supposed to start during the njo, but that plan got shot all to hell.

9. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I think the post-ROTJ period is overused. They should focus on stories set before TPM.

10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    They did, for a while- comics, novels, the new Darth Plagueis novel that ties most of those plot threads together.

Pre-TPM, while not quite as cluttered as ANH-ESB period, or The Clone Wars, has quite a lot.

11. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    That era (pre TPM)is beginning to become overused as well, depending on the timeframe.

12. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Back past the beginning of Darth Plagueis is where it starts to clear up again.

There's still a few references to events from that era- but they haven't been given story treatment.

13. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004

so Beldorion got Daala-holovids in there? [face_sick]

I will never understand why Daiman created Beldorion.. or why he did not destroy him when he returned as a golden blob from oblivion

14. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    Yeah, it would be cool if Jaina had a son/daughter.

15. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    I don't remember when, but GL had said that the droids were the only characters that would be in the whole saga. So, we can be sure that R2 and 3PO will be in the ST.