main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Han and Leia's relationship in EVII

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by DV75, Feb 5, 2013.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Deadbeat Solo could be interesting because, obviously, they get back together in the end & he mends up his family. It would be slightly different than Indy because Indy had no idea he was a dad. Of course, Han *does* learn to care by the end of ROTJ so there would have to be a really, really good reason for him to split. But I can see that kinda-working. It's not as if they'd be broken up for 30 years or so and that's how it ends, group hug instead!

You have any more scoops, feel free to post them in here, best place for 'em! http://boards.theforce.net/threads/in-this-thread-please-fabricate-scoops-for-episode-7-9.50007554/

2. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    I've never seen you at any of the plant meetings. o_O

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    You seem pretty certain that Chewie won't be back. You don't seem to be speculating either. Who is this new Jedi character and what role does he/she play in the film? Who is this Sith Lord you speak of and who is he/she seducing to the dark side? This creature of pure darkness you speak of is that Plagueis' monster or something? Please explain what this midichlorian mutation/anti-midichlorian concept to me. You say you're just speculating but you also say I can take what you say to the bank which I interpret as you knowing something the rest of us don't. That confuses me. I'm terribly confused... Do you have a source or not? Are you speculating or not? Have you read the drafts and if you have can I have a copy? ;)

4. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    i agree. all we have now is speculation. we don't know much and have very little evidence
    . all we can do now is guess or say what we think would be best.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I guess it's just overdone. You see that sort of thing a lot nowadays - you have a happy married couple and something eventually comes between them to split them apart and they go their own separate ways. Fast-forward years later and the two have a chance meeting and start falling in love all over again through a series of mishaps or some other kind of event that brings them closer together. I'm not saying it's a bad idea as it has worked in numerous things in the past, but I guess I'm looking for something different. Whatever happened to marriage being a sacred bond? Call me old-fashioned, but Han and Leia strike me as a couple that once they found love in one another, nothing will tear them apart. I think the progression of their relationship in the OT is proof enough of that.

6. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Great idea, and that daughters name can be.....let me think of a good name.....yes Jaina, that's a good name. I also think your idea will work better if they have more then just 1 kid, perhaps 2 boys as well? Maybe one can be called Jacen, and the other Anakin (perhaps in remembrance to Leia's father, before he became a monster).

DARTHSHAME and Vastor like this.
  7. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Chewie 'won't be back' because he's never 'left' ;)

8. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Unfortunately death took him away from the GFFA. However he might come back via the retcon angel, so he may return in Episode 7.

9. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    No, the EU took him - the ST may be a whole 'nother animal...

10. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    We have an EU discussion thread, I suggest everyone use it.

11. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    I liked it because they experoenced life together and went through trials. i would like to see them face a different challenges together.

12. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Oh where, oh where, can my Wookiee be?
    The EU took him away from me
    He's gone to the Netherworld, so I have to be good
    So I can see my Wookiee when I leave this galaxy....

DARTHSHAME and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  13. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    I have a fresh, new idea. Maybe Han got intimidated by monogamy, and decided to move into a bachelor pad on Bespin with Chewie... no wait, only an idiot would write that.

14. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    They will bicker as a married couple "not for long though" as Han won't be in it for to long I imagine .......

Echo-07 likes this.
  15. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    Yet you wrote: Disney will respect the EU for the most part

on another post.

How can Disney respect the EU for the most part but toss 90% written before 1999- thats a hell of a lot of EU.

The point before the Mod goes on about posting on the EU board is:

Are you talking rumour or fact?

16. Darth Dru

Darth Dru Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    Let's call it "rumor" for now. With regards to the EU issue, let's take it to the appropriate forum as requested by the Mod.

17. bighairedaristocrat

bighairedaristocrat Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2013
    Dru, you joined last Friday, and i joined today, so i'm not saying this from the perspective of an experienced member here -

but youre touting pure specualtion as if its fact and you have some sort of inside information. If you do have inside information, you need to give us some sort of evidence of that. If you are truly are legit, you probably wouldnt want to share that publically. I suggest you tell a Mod you you are and get him to publically "vouch" for you. Atleast thats how it works on other sites where i'm a more seasoned member. Unless youre willing to do that, i'd personally appreciate it if you adjust the wording of your posts so it doesnt appear like youre sharing genuine inside info. Its misleading.

Regarding the thread topic, in my opinion, i'm not particularly interested in seeing any of the OT characters reprise their roles. I think it would be distracting and id rather see the roles recast, especially if 40-50 years have gone by between ROTJ and EPVII. Regarding Leia, i know in the EU, she devoted her time to politics, but realistically, it would make more sense for Leia to become a Jedi. At the end of ROTJ, there is only one other Jedi that we know of (Luke) and thousands/millions of politicians. As a practical matter, Leia would be more needed in rebuilding the jedi order than as a politician. I'd like to see Luke and Leia both be Jedi Masters on the council in EPVII.

18. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    It doesn't matter when a person joined the boards - heck, I've spent over 10 years here, and there are people who registered in 98' - and what I've learned in my 'lofty time' is that everyone will be speculating, and sometimes people will come on as 'teh voice of authority' claiming all sorts of insider info - We'll know what's legit and what's Bull***, soon enough. During the build up to E3 we would occasionally get REAL insiders and VIP's (TF.N used to have a pretty interesting network) and they would be 'background checked' by the powers that be (oh they could be SOOOO cruel! Dropping little teases - even one word would get the juices and posts going like mad!)

My point is, we have two YEARS of speculating and teasing and wondering to play with - welcome aboard the roller coaster guys! I hope you enjoy the ride!!

19. bighairedaristocrat

Feb 6, 2013
    Thanks for the welcome and info - my point is i dont like people who are just speculating pretending they have inside info to make themselves feel important. Its confusing, especially to new members like myself who dont know who is just a fan like me and who truly has legit insider info. Unless Darth Dru provides evidence he has true info, I plan on ignoring everything he posts unless its worded in such a way that he makes it clear he's just specualting.

20. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    There's going to be a LOT of that - trust me on this. The REAL inside scoops won't show up for ages (no one is going to risk his or her job to appease a few fans) and those that do - as I said, you'll know. But bear in mind that even during E3 where we KNEW what would ultimately happen, I don't think we knew for sure even whether Padme lived or died until the blasted movie was released!!

21. bighairedaristocrat

Feb 6, 2013
    Thanks for the warning.

22. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Don't likie this idea at all.

Han and Leia should be married and have kids (the twins only IMO.) However they will be spearated as they go about their different paths to rebuild the Republic. Leia as Ssupreme Chancellor or Senator and Han as General. The twins as Padawans in training. This puts the strain on the family.

23. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Agreed. It is unnecessary as married couples bickering can be even funnier. Just ask my kids who don't even need to go to movies since they have the best of all comedies at home every night! :p

Echo-07 likes this.
  24. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I just want them to be together. I don't see any reason for them not to be. Hopefully the Solo kids appear to!

iluvkoalas and Echo-07 like this.
  25. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Hate to break it to you, but right now that means the same thing as speculation. No source + ideas in your own head = speculation, and that my friend is something I cannot take to the bank. They wouldn't accept it even if I tried. I have no problem with speculation. I love it actually. It is loads of fun, and we are all doing it, but at least call it what it is.