main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
  2. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009

There, there. The writing has been on the wall for a while now.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  3. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I guess this action figure news is why Hasbro thought The Clone Wars would end after Season 5

LawJedi, Seerow and 07jonesj like this.
  4. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    The cancellation of the TCW figure line is no surprise, it's been on the table for a while.

5. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I'm waiting for a more official source. They better at least create a Bo-Katan figure, dammit. And a Darth Maul-Spider figure with interchangeable chicken legs and Mandalore refits. And Darth Sidious duel-wielding.

Seerow, AkashKedavra_93 and Watto like this.
  6. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Hasbro is so messed up with their marketing and distribution of figures. So many missed opportunities with Clone Wars figures. Thank God their lack of being able to keep a toy line together doesn't reflect on the success of the show. I have faith that the show will keep going strong for another season and possibly more on whatever channel it plays. The success of this latest arc is an indicator that the show is in its prime and Disney would be crazy to try to kill that momentum.

7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Disney might be intending to release merchandise under its own branding.

8. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Jedi Masters Ariel and Cinderella

Darth Ibonek and Seerow like this.
  9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    LOL, that's probably not going to be a joke for long. I think SWW is gonna be a bigger deal this year.

10. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Didn't they announce that the ratings of the show was lower now when compared to a couple of years ago (or was that just a lie)?

11. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Hasbro may have said this but they were trying to cover up for their poor marketing plan. The ratings were higher in Season 1, around 2.5 million but they have remained steady around 1.5-2 million for the last three seasons. This season is higher than the last.

Hasbro also screwed up and over-produced Episode 1 merchandise AGAIN after the 1999 glut which is really what prevented all figures post March from getting to the stores. Really Hasbro? You over-produced for the same movie when they re-released? Really stupid.

Back to your question, I don't see a lot of Clone Wars figures lingering, so its just a lame excuse.

12. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Ratings average for this season out of curiosity:

Onderon: 1.6125 (1.71, 1.75, 1.57, 1.42 respectively)
    Young Jedi: 1.6875 (1.66, 1.74, 1.96, 1.39 respectively)
    Droids: 1.525 (1.46, 1.43, 1.74, 1.47 respectively)
    Mauldalore: 1.87 (1.94, 1.85, 1.83, 1.86 respectively)

I'm sure the Disney deal is a major part in the Hasbro decision. They haven't been the most reliable company either IMO.

13. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Honestly, I'm find with the show ending in a season or two, so long as they plan an endgame and wrap up Maul, Talzin, and Ashoka's storyline. Ventress might be nice as well since Obsession is very much not the end of her story now.

14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I believe S3 put a permanent dent in the ratings that the show has never recovered from.

S1 and S2 consistently received 2 and often over 3 million viewers, while there was only 3 episodes that hit the 2 million mark in S4, and none in S5.

15. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    If they could somehow add Ventress into the Sequel Trilogy (I know, I know, not likely)... but I LOVE her on this show.

The time slot isn't helping this season tremendously, either.

Seerow and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  16. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    With this quality (overall Maul arc) I'd be happy with more seasons.

17. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    A great story with good characters and amazing graphics, it is possible...

Re-watching Season 3, they should have done this IMO:

3.01-3.04: Kamino (Clone Cadets, Battle of Kamino: A Fallen Domino, Tipoca Showdown, ARC Troopers)
    3.05-3:06: Black Market attacks over Mandalore (no tea) (Satine Descending, The Crutch of Power)
    3:07-3:09: Stand-Alones (Assassin, Hunt for Ziro, Heroes on Both Sides)
    3:10-3:14: Battle of Sullust and Nightsisters (Sullustan Sunset, Nightsisters, Monster, Witches of the Mist, Labyrinth of Betrayal)
    3:15-3:17: Mortis, but a better written Mortis
    3:18-3:20: Citadel Trilogy as is
    3:21-3:22: Padawan Duology as is

18. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    Until that happens, I'm afraid I'll have to work through my Sideshow 1/6th scale backlog.

19. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Assuming they move to DizzyXD, Disney can promote The Clone Wars on multiple channels that they own, and maybe the show can return to primetime. They'll find a way to boost ratings, since they need to air the show for a few more years (new episodes and syndication). I wonder if the episodes that aired on CN were included in the franchise-acquisition?
    (PS I want Matt Lanter to wear the Anakin costume to an event!)

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Its possible there is some sort of ill will with Hasbro with that crazy rumor that came out that Disney was trying to buy them also. Who knows. If I recalled correctly it was only Hasbro that denied the rumor.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I rarely watched the show live even when it was on Friday nights but I agree.

I also agree about Ventress; she's probably the first villain I've really liked, although there have been a few more since then. I don't know how it would work with her age in the ST but I'd love to see more of her.

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I still wonder which Disney Channel would be the best home for TCW. Disney XD I know has censored stuff in the past but only slightly. TCW probably does beat the old Gargoyles in terms of violence and since I'm not familiar with anything current on Disney XD that old show's reruns is the only thing I have a great benchmark. I don't feel anything SW fits with ABC Family's target demos, the horny teenagers channel. I wonder about Disney Channel proper. I would actually like Disney Channel proper to host TCW from a rating standpoint. That's where the show would get the best exposure. I imagine we'll see the old episodes rerun. If they are available for syndication then there is not reason why Disney can't run them when it technically owns them far as I can tell.

23. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I really, really don't like the idea of TCW moving to Disney channels. They did some terrible censoring with some of Gargoyles and Digimon's most poignant moments because they were supposedly too dark for children. I can't see TCW faring any better, certainly not with what Shades of Reason and The Lawless brought to the table.

24. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    Uhhh ... I still would like to see what they might do to TCW to get it to fit. From a, well, purely scientific POV.

Seerow likes this.
  25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I don't recall Disney Channel ever airing Gargoyles, only Disney XD and Toon Disney prior to that. I know Disney XD has had a really hard time with Naruto Shippuden. Disney Channel proper has gotten slightly more risque and there was no censoring when Narnia airs which does show a almost eating someone face off. I unfortunately think its going to be the same story with any of the Disney Channels bar ABC which I just don't think is going to happen. Really, my favorite solution is to leave it on CN, better yet move TCW to Toonami let them amp it up.

Your signature really fits your post.