main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Who thinks Sidous will have Maul kill Ahsoka?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Sith_Kingpin, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    I hope so

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  2. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Ahsoka would kill Maul.

That would be a sad tragedy.

Paparazzo and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  3. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    If Ahsoka was to kill Maul that would destroy the entire validity of the series.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    No way would should Ahsoka be able to kill Maul. He should defeat her easily, and if TCW did it the other way around that's just ridiculous. Having said that, I like the idea of Palpatine sending Maul to kill her just to mess with Anakin. That would be if Palpatine is really OK with giving Maul a lightsaber and sending him back out there again, though, and I didn't get that impression from the end of the last episode.

5. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    The thing that makes me think something like that is not likely to happen is I believe the writers will make Ahsoka's death (if she is intended to die) serve some great purpose. I don't think just having her be something Palpatine uses to try to turn Anakin to the darskide (something that we already know happens) is important enough of an ending for the most important original character in TCW series

Seerow likes this.
  6. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    1. It would sure tick Anakin off if Obi-Wan/the Council knighted her over his objections, sent her out, and she died. He'd blame them - for overriding them and prematurely knighting Ahsoka.

2. It wouldn't be fair to Ahsoka to knight her JUST to test Anakin's attachment (and shouldn't that make him a "master"?).

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Imagine how ticked Anakin would be if Ahsoka was made a Master ( won't happen i know )

8. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I thought Maul was dead?

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    No

10. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Darn it... :(

11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    What if Ahsoka was knighted because the council thought she genuinely deserved it? She overcomes some big challenges, those serve as her trials, and she get knighted.

I think that's one possible outcome for the end of the Ahsoka arc.

Anakin could be entirely against it the whole time, the schism opens, she eventually dies on her own making the schism wider. Do you think Anakin would like Ahsoka to remain his Padawan pretty much so ever so she could remain nearer so he could protect her? Attachment test failed. Hah, there are some episodes that really throw that out but its just a thought. - "Well if she were never knighted and were here with me..." I do tend to think Ahsoka is unfortunately meant to be the teacher and teach Anakin by example when its time to let go.

12. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    It wouldn't mesh well with ROTS if Ahsoka was Knighted since it would make an easier argument for Anakin to be promoted to Master.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  13. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    I think the writers having Ahsoka being knighted is about as unlikely as her killing someone like Maul. I'm sure the writers already have it planned out about what they are going to do with Ahsoka. I still say whatever it is it will end with her being viewed as a heroic figure.

14. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    You beat me to it, K'Kruhk. It seems accepted fanon, even canon, that having your padawan knighted makes the teacher a master.

So if Ahsoka is knighted (Force forbid, not at anything less than 19-or more at the least), she can no longer be Anakin's padawan.

I still wonder, harking back to the movie, about Yoda and Obi-Wan's talk about "attachments." Sure, they might have meant in a number of years when Ahsoka is knighted, but that's not certain. Of course, it doesn't seem that padawans are passed from master to master, so -

K'Kruhk likes this.
  15. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    They could cgi her into the Council, shaking her head and looking at Obi Wan in an oh typical whiny Anakin way.

16. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    OOOORRRRR!!!!!! How 'bout they just CGI her into Return of the Jedi to that scene with Vader, Luke, and Palpatine. What we thought was Vader killing the Emporer over the compassion he felt for his son was actually just Ahsoka coming in and giving him a dirty look[face_laugh]

17. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Anakin knowing that Ahsoka died and having a good reason to blame the Jedi Council for it would be an interesting story, but way too directly related to Ep. III for it to be believed that it didn't get mentioned at all.

18. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Well Anakin does say in ROTS that his faith in the council has been shaken. At the time of the movie it was just meant to imply that they didn't allow him to have the rank of master and asked him to spy on Palpatine. But if Ahsoka does die in a way that he blames the council for it could give that line a deeper meaning. Of course it still doesn't make since that nothing would have been said about it but at the same time it would be difficult to create any scenario that would fit perfectly (unless they just did the total cop-out and have her die in order 66).

19. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I disagree, I think there are plenty of possibilities for Ahsoka's fate that would fit fine with Ep. III as long as it doesn't involve her dying and Anakin knowing about it.

20. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    I agree that there are other possibilities. I assume you are referring to her leaving the Jedi or taking on a new master. However I think it is extremely unlikely any of those will happen. Not so much because they wouldn't fit in with Ep. III but more along the lines that something like that wouldn't do the character that they have created in the cartoon justice. Whatever happens to Ahsoka I believe it is going to be much more signicant and heroic than simply leaving the order or taking on another master.

21. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    darkchrono the options you gave are some of what I was getting at, I think they're plausible, but there's also plenty of options that involve her dying but Anakin not knowing it (at least not for certain). So if you don't think the other options are heroic enough, which I would dispute because I think it could be really heroic to leave the Jedi Order due to their involvement in the war going against their most basic teachings, there are more traditionally heroic options to vet there.

Seerow likes this.
  22. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Tarkas it seems you are more concerned about continuity issues with the movies than any storylines the clone wars puts forth. I believe they should try keep the continuity valid as well but I also believe it would be downright silly to not tell as good of story as you could simply because you want the clone wars to fit seemlessly into the movies. If continuity was extremely important I don't believe they would have created Ahsoka in the first place (because it does seem downright silly to all of a sudden pop in such an important character when there was no knowledge of her existence at all prior to 2008).

And no I don't think her leaving the Jedi would make her a heroic figure at all. To think that you would have to assume that the Jedi were not the good guys and that is not what anything in Star Wars has been about thus far and definitely would not be what all the young fans who watch the show would think. I believe she does have to die and her death does have to have a direct affect on Anakin. Anything other than that and they would have just lost the point in why her character was placed into the Star Wars universe in the first place.

23. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    darkchrono you have surmised my stance fairly accurate and I think we have a fundamental disagreement that will remain. I absolutely would rather have a less-than-it-could-be ending for Ahsoka's story that can plausibly go unmentioned in Ep. III than a jaw-dropping amazing ending for Ahsoka's story that so directly relates to Ep. III that it's implausible for it to go unmentioned. But it would be false to claim that's the choice here. There's no reason why they couldn't have a fitting end that drops some jaws but either doesn't kill her or doesn't kill her in a way Anakin finds out about.

Ahsoka doesn't have to die, and it would be much better, if she were to die, if Anakin didn't know about it. I was fine with them adding Ahsoka to Anakin's story because it meant getting a television show that covered that period of his and Obi-Wan's life, or to be more precise, I felt that it would be fine as long as she was written out of his story in a reasonable way such that it wasn't begging to be mentioned throughout Ep. III. I don't mean to slam you here, but you're making an assumption about the fate of a character based on your personal viewpoint about her role in SW, and I share neither.

24. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Well then I guess we will just have to also disagree that just because she wasn't mentioned up to that point that that means they have to be very careful about how they end it. In my opinion all they need to do is tie it into the movies reasonably well and most fans will accept it (no need to tie it into the movies perfectly). After all up to this point Star Wars has been full of unreffered to things from the past. One for instance is the fact that Qui Gon is never mentioned at all in the OT and Obi Wan makes it look like he was the one that discovered Anakin. The fact that the OT says that Anakin was already a great pilot when they met but in reality Anakin was a nine year old racing pods. All the changes they did with Greedo and Han scene. The fact that Leia refers to remembering her mother and what she was like when in reality she was only born for a few seconds before she died. The fact that Anakin's ghost face keeps on changing every time a new movie comes out. Obi Wan changes his story on Luke after they came up with a new idea and his only explanation was that it was just a particular point of view. And there are probably plenty more

Ahsoka not being referred to in the movies isn't anymore significant (and probably less signicant than some of them) then all the things above. Star Wars has been that way since the start so no point in them telling less of a story now when they havn't followed that line of thinking so far. After all the only reason Ahsoka is around to begin with is to deepen Anakin's story. So having an ending to her character that doesn't affect Anakin at all would be really silly.

klooney and Darthgoodguy like this.
  25. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Some of the changes you listed I find bothersome and others not, but I disagree that because they've made some seemingly inexplicable changes in the past that they should just keep piling them on. Some inexplicable changes is bad, more is worse. And I don't think that Anakin shouldn't be affected at all by Ahsoka's fate, just that he shouldn't go on a dark side rampage or blame himself for not being powerful enough to stop it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.