main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [El Camino spoilers] If you don't watch Breaking Bad, then yes, you still are an idiot.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I don't have to make it clear a lot =/= all, right?

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  2. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Pretty much why at this point I'm no longer rooting for Walt: pride and greed have turned him irredeemably evil, regardless of what his original intentions were. I certainly would feel sorry for his family, but WW has a reckoning coming. And a series finale where he somehow gets away with everything he's done would be disappointing.

3. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    i completely, wholeheartedly, irrationally trust at this point that the finale Will Be Satisfying.

Vince Gilligan, i commend myself fully into your hands, sir

4. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Here is how these end up going:
    1) claim most people in group x are y
    2) member from group x shows up and is clearly not y.
    3) say 'well i clearly didn't mean you'
    4) repeat as needed, complacent in the fact that your original claim wasn't falsifiable in the first place and won't be rebutted regardless of how many members of x who aren't y show up.

5. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    I'm still rooting for him, but from a dramatic POV I'd love for Jesse to kill him.

6. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Given your icon, I would've thought otherwise. :p

Yeah, I've been thinking that Jesse might be the one who finally puts the dirt nap on Walt. Kinda fitting, since it was Walt who turned Jesse into a murderer in the first place. But who knows, I wouldn't be surprised if Skylar ends up doing the deed.

7. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    The end to season four was magnificent game playing by Walt. Perhaps the only thing that could turn me against him completely would be killing off Jesse or any of his family.

8. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    same here, pretty much. first time through i was like "move out of the way, annoying skylar. you are blocking my walt" but once you rewatch, knowing where walt is heading, it becomes even more apparent how much of a self-absorbed ass-clown he is. though neither party has sweet-smelling poop at this point.

9. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    ... and then there's Walt Jr whose only purpose is to eat breakfast.

Adam of Nuchtern likes this.
  10. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    And at the end of the day, isn't that everyone's only purpose?

11. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
  12. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm not saying there aren't legitimate reasons to dislike Skyler (smoking while pregnant, the way she refused to let Walt have the final say with regards to whether he should seek treatment). I'm saying that there is a sizable portion of the show's fan base that displays a noticeable double standard with regards to Walt and Skyler. I'm talking about people who think that Skyler shouldn't be upset about Walt being a drug dealer because "he's doing it for his family" (never mind that he had a perfectly legal option, but refused to use it due to his Jupiter-sized ego). I'm talking about people who act like sleeping with Ted was some sort of war crime, even though Skyler had already served Walt divorce papers. I'm talking about people whose descriptions of Skyler constantly include the words "b*tch", "whore", and "c*nt". Anna Gunn and Vince Gilligan have both commented on this.

Darth Guy, solojones and Rogue_Ten like this.
  13. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
  14. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  15. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
  16. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  17. AAAAAH

Nov 8, 2012
    i was glad when they gave that actor something to do other than be the uppity, complaining teenaged son or the-person-who-will-be-hurt-the-most-if-this-whole-thing-happens-to-go-south, even if it was only one scene. it was the one (in season 4, i believe) in which he is reacting to his father breaking down in his apartment after having the fight with jesse.

solojones and Adam of Nuchtern like this.
  18. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Yeah, I hope he has at least a little bit more of a prominent role in the rest of season 5.

19. AAAAAH

Nov 8, 2012
    last scene:

junior: "y-y-you know d-d-d-da-dad, i-i-i used to think you were really COOL, b-but then i f-f-found out you're j-j-just an ****"
    walt: "no junior! wait, i love you! don't do this! PLEASE!"
    junior: "****"
    *BLAM*

Language!

20. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I too hope Walter Jr. gets some more to do in the end of the show. Besides probably get killed.

On the subject of Skyler... here's the thing. She is often an abrasive, somewhat unlikable person. A lot of people are. But that doesn't make her wrong. She happens to be completely right in her assessment of Walt and there was nothing wrong with her sleeping with Ted when she'd already served Walt divorce papers. A divorce that was completely justified because she was a woman trying to escape a dangerous drug dealer. In the real world, these are the sorts of women we (hopefully) feel for. Yes, once Skyler knew what was going on and decided to help cover it up and reap the rewards, she became less sympathetic. But she's certainly not anything like as morally corrupted as Walt at this stage.

I absolutely think the negative gendered remarks thrown around about her character are indicative of a dual favoritism both of protagonists (whether they are heroes or not) and of men.

21. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    god help me, i "liked" a solojones post

22. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Not sure what your beef with Rachel is, but she's actually a pretty decent person. She can be obnoxious at times, but really, I can say that about the majority of us, myself included.

23. djmacdonald73

djmacdonald73 Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2013
    Don`t know why, but I`m totally convinced it`ll be Skyler or Walt Jr that kills Walt. Probably to save Hank.

24. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I wouldn't be surprised if Walt winds up outliving Walter Jr., maybe even Hank, perhaps Skyler. It would be kind of the cruelest punishment if he were to live long enough to see that none of this actually helped anyone that he ostensibly set out to save. He made everything much, much worse. Obviously we know he didn't actually do it much for his family. But he still keeps falling back on it as his excuse. Once that excuse is gone and he can't argue with it, what will he do?

I've always thought it would be interesting if Walt actually beat the cancer but lost everything else. But somehow I kind of feel like he's not making it out of this show alive. I just think it might be an even crueler ending if he did.

According to my crazy religion, this means Jesus is about to come down on a bejeweled elephant and send you to the River Styx. Then he's going to send the rest of the heathens to regular hell. So it's a good thing you unliked it.

25. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    I didn't know you were serious about being an Evangelical, Rachel!