main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Proposal For Spin Off Movie Forum

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Lord Optimus, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    With todays news of 2 confirmed spin off movies in the near future, the rumored Yoda movie, the Zack Snyder Seven Jedi rumor, and Joe Johnston's desire to make a Boba Fett movie. I think it is time there is a separate forum for spin off movies, if you can think of a better name than "Spin Off Movie Forum" that would be great.

I think the Episode VII forum should focus only of the Sequel Trilogy and it can get a bit cluttered when there is new spin off movie rumors.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  2. MiamiJedi

MiamiJedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2013
    Yes, that would be a great idea!
    That way we can discuss a potential Episode III.5...where we can get Ewan back as Obi Wan and have him confront Darth Vader again...that would be best spin off ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

3. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
  4. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I think the key word here is 'rumour'.

5. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    No need to start that discussion until we have something to discuss.

I think it makes sense to split the spin-off films into their own forum, or perhaps even a separate forum for each film, but I don't think we need to worry about that at least until production starts and news starts rolling in. As it is, most of the discussion in the Episode VII forum is speculation anyway. It can probably stay all in one place for now.

- Sent from my R2 unit

6. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    So does that mean that we will get a forum if there is an annocument?

Update: It is on the front page now of the main site.

7. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    No. Read the post above yours again.

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah it's much too soon.

9. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I like your idea Grimby. Let me make one suggestion and that is creating a separate forum for stand-alones once Episode VII news/leaks starts pouring in and not waiting until the same happens with the stand-alones. Grimby you remember how insanely high the volume of activity got during the PT trilogy. The same will be the case for the Episode VII forum. Any stand-alone discussion could quickly get lost among the foot traffic.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  10. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    There's definitely something to discuss.

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...ovie-and-a-boba-fett-film-exclusive.50009272/

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/worst-spinoff-movie-ideas.50009258/#post-50413218

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/a-stand-alone-yoda-film.50009216/page-6#post-50412701

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/confirmed-disney-to-release-additional-films-based-on-‘star-wars’-characters.50009238/page-12#post-50413144

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...he-new-trilogy.50008438/page-12#post-50359197

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/episode-7-spin-offs.50004907/

Even if there isn't confirmed news of which character a movie will be about, who is directing, or what actors have signed on, we still like to speculate and discuss what we hope to see for spin off movies. Then when there is a new rumor it's always fun to discuss at least until it gets shot down.

If I wanted to make a thread about "who should direct a Yoda movie" or "Grievous before he was a cyborg" in the Episode VII forum it would probably get locked or merged, but in a Spin-Off forum these kinds of discussions would be welcomed.

11. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    There will definitely be a time in the near future to split up the current board into separate ones for E7 and spin-offs, but we're not quite there yet since official news is still hard to come by.

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  12. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    Sounds good, thank you for your time, I leave in peace.

13. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999

Indeed. Also, when it comes down to it the Standalones and Episode VII are nearly on equal ground when it comes to available information.

Both are now confirmed to exist.
    Both have confirmed writers.
    We don't know the plot for either.
    It's just that Episode VII has an announced director (and a shaky release date) and the Standalones do not.

Grimby and company are awesome mods. They'll know the right timing.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    We have been discussing the Ep VII forum and recent events in Mod Squad. As a start, you'll notice the forum has been renamed to 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond'.

15. jnrssa

jnrssa Jedi Padawan

Jan 29, 2013
    a spin off mafia type film with the hutts,, jabba as the godfather??

16. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    What does THAT have to do with it? There may not be a whole lot of official news (what else is new?), but that certainly hasn't stopped people from completely jamming this forum with spin-off threads in as little as a DAY. That near future you're mentioning had better be as soon as tomorrow if this keeps up. As far as I'm concerned, it's already necessary; we're there NOW.

And I'm sorry, but renaming this forum "Episode VII and Beyond" is a pointless catch-all, and it's partly what has CAUSED this logjam of contradictory threads about contradictory subjects. It's not something done for any other aspect of the Jedi Council Forums: the Clone Wars has its own forum, the OT its own, the PT its own. And as a result, they don't become huge, unwieldy, confusing messes; this forum already has, and yet we're just told "soon," and "it's under discussion." That's roughly equivalent to saying you're discussing getting out some sandbags to protect your house from flooding, when the flood has already destroyed your house. But don't worry; the sandbags will be here soon - they're under discussion. :oops:

17. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    Time for a new forum -- totally agree -- its overwhelming to try and follow things here -- and its only going to get worse

Should nip this in the bud asap

18. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    How about a bit more hyperbole next time, eh? o_O

JackG, KnightWriter and LawJedi like this.
  19. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Sounds like eventually they are going to split them up so I don;t see the need to complain over it. It isn;t that bad on the episode VII forum yet. Call me a yes man, but I will go with the opinion of the guys who have already been doing this sort of thing for a while. Out of curiosity though, what would constitute enough official news to need to designate a forum just for spinoff films?

20. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Things could get messy when we have the need for a Han Solo spinoff NSA/SA forums. [face_laugh]

21. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I agree. Apart from the fact that we now know that there are going to be spin-off films - which Kasdan and Kinberg are working on - we don't really know anything more at this stage.

22. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    I would think that knowledge of a spin-off movie plans would be enough for it to warrant its own forum. The idea of spin-off movies is so broad and general, that it's just going to lead to speculation on literally thousands of characters, production ideas, directors, actors, etc. That's a mess.

New movie boards on the JCF have always had a tendency to be rather chaotic and cluttered (and consequently looked down upon by oldbies ;) ). It just seems that a spin-off forum would help herd the masses and filter out the cray cray.

23. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Looking forward to being able to follow the different movies separately. The EP VII board seems to be almost pure speculation because of the lack of information. The Han Solo and Boba Fett items seem to have a lot greater chance of borrowing from the EU and there are specific things that can be discussed in detail in a dedicated forum.

24. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Well they did change the Episode VII forum to Episode VII and Beyond.

25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It'll be the busiest forum since the 3SA days I reckon.