main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor 'Star Wars' spin-offs: A young Han Solo movie, and a Boba Fett film -- EXCLUSIVE

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Krueger, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    I'd like to see a Lost Tales movie....like explaining the whole Sifo-Dyas AOTC scene.

2. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    It's ok, you have been forgiven :cool:

3. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Wow, you can't go do a job for a few hours without a whole new pile of crazy news.

Wow, scoundrel movies for the 40-yr-old audience. Don't even know where to begin. I guess this confirms what we thought about them reframing the audience interest around an OT mindset.

Pro Scoundrel and Graphic like this.
  4. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Ahsoka as a hot new character? Double entendre at it's finest :D. But I think she has enough screentime thankyouverymuch, and he is in the whiny-anakin era.
    Out of all the events in star wars the clone wars was shown most. Parts of two movies, to TV-series, numerous novels and comics. That be enough

5. Thomas Solo

Thomas Solo Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 28, 2012
    Actually.......not the worst I've seen.

6. Sith_Knight087

Sith_Knight087 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    How about a Star Wars spin-off film based on NEW CHARACTERS in a NEW ERA set about 1,000 years after Return of the Jedi. Then again I maybe thinking a little too far ahead of myself, just a thought though.

7. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    If it has visible tech advancement and starships that are not x-wing and tie-fighter knockoffs i am all for it

8. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    I think an important question is which characters have an interesting/relevant story to tell?

Boba Fett received minimal screentime and was killed in Return of the Jedi. His only role was to capture Solo and just act as a goon in cool armor. If that wasn't enough, he got a backstory in Attack of the Clones. Now, I love the character, but let's face it; he's not a critical component to the Star Wars Saga as many fans claim. Plus, I can't imagine a movie that involves bringing him back from the dead. He was just about one of the coolest background characters you could have, but a feature film? Not so sure about that.

Han Solo and Yoda are at least more plausible for movie, seeing as they each played extremely important roles. Seeing Chewie's appearance in Revenge of the Sith, it would be nice to see them first meet. And a young Lando would be awesome.

I'm not sure about how much can be expanded upon with Yoda. George had made a point to keep Yoda's backstory and species fairly secret. And I kind of appreciate the mystique surrounding the character.

bighairedaristocrat likes this.
  9. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Sorry, just to be clear - I meant Ahsoka has been heavily marketed as part of the TCW cartoon, and if she was created for Episode VII, I expect she'd have her own standalone film as well.

I don't expect (hope) she will be involved in any future SW projects I'm saying that I expect the standalone films to be based on characters who are in E7.

LawJedi likes this.
  10. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    Do this to Ford:

[​IMG]

11. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Wow, still trying to process this madness. First, I'd like to say, props to Lucasfilm and Disney for backing a big budget genre movie that would presumably be based around a person of color (either Temuera Morrisson, Daniel Logan, or whoever else could be under that helmet). As stupid as it sounds, we remember the dramas with Red Tails and the hopes for a Marvel Black Panther movie.

12. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Ok, it really makes sense to do these characters first. No one will see a movie about Darth Bane or Nom Anor or even Ahsoka. The mainstream audience and casual fans don't know who these characters are. Han and Boba are extremely popular with all kinds of moviegoers. I'm sure down the line we may get more obscure characters, but not right away

13. David_Skywalker01

David_Skywalker01 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Boba Fett would be cool if Lucas had not ruined him in Episode II. I don't want to hear Daniel Logan for 2 hours.

The Han idea might have potential.

14. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    Foaming rage from Traviss fanboys in 1....2....3

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  15. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    This, exactly. When I was a kid, and saw ESB for the first time, all I thought about Fett was "Woah, this guy talks back to Vader. He's a total badass." Plus, the outfit. :)

16. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    Just teasing you. As a linguist I am like that. But did I miss something? Ahsoka created for Episode 7? uh-uh. Sorry to ruin your childhood but Ahsoka will most likely die before RotS and even if she does somehow live over 40 years off screen I doubt that it would be something sensible to do. If we take into account that the spinoffs will come out between the trilogy parts it does make sense that E7 characters will be used but I still hope for the opposite

17. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Wow, for a linguist, you totally missed that conditional clause. ;)

18. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    I'm kind of sad to hear this - I don't want to see the franchise regress back to the I-VI timeline.

Darth_Corvus likes this.
  19. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    not bad. have a cookie. But even with that 'if' there, the probability did cross his mind

20. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    That's pretty much my feelings on the Yoda idea.

21. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I look forward to who they cast as young Han *and dont you guys tell me they can just CGI Harrison Ford. CGI might be great these days but it can't do miracles. Time to accept the fact that other people might/will play these iconic characters*. Hopefully whoever it is does a good job or the new guy will legit be hunted down, and murdered by fans claiming he "destroyed Han Solo and raped their childhood". Yep...this is totally gunna be a role that all sane people will avoid. Good luck to the guy who gets it.

Pro Scoundrel and LawJedi like this.
  22. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    For me the origin reveal is more of an issue than the speech pattern, but yes out of the 3 the yoda movie is probably the worst

23. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    all the more reason not to do it

24. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Yeah... yeah. I'd so rather see these characters in animation for that very reason.

25. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Yup, and I couldn't be happier. I'm not 40 yet, btw. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.