main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor 'Star Wars' spin-offs: A young Han Solo movie, and a Boba Fett film -- EXCLUSIVE

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Krueger, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    It's going to happen eventually. Disney didn't purchase Lucasfilm to not be able to use Darth Vader in any future films. And the only plausible way to do so is to go back to the time period in which he is still alive.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  2. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Kinda yeah. It'll be like the "SW7 director craze" all over again...but more pressure since its a much beloved character. I feel soo bad for them

3. bighairedaristocrat

bighairedaristocrat Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2013
    This. If there is a compelling story, i'm open to anything, but i just dont see seeing things like han and chewie meet, or han winning the falcon, to make for a compelling story. If there is a Han solo movie, id rather it be complete new and not just a movie showing us what we were already told happened in the OT. I cant imagine anything i'd find more under-whelming than that.

4. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    You know the technology exists that they could cast almost anyone in the role of Han and still make them look like a young Harrison Ford. The same thing could happen with the Sequel Trilogy if it doesn't take place that long after RotJ, we could see digital manipulations of Mark, Carrie, and Harrison.

5. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Indeed, me either. :) But I'm gonna need more info before these movies make sense for a mass audience.

6. A'den Skirata

A'den Skirata Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    I'd want a Boba Fett film, not so sure about a Han Solo one.

7. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    Yep, I agree. Its inevitable.

Vader is the most iconic character in Star Wars. Disney will figure out a way to utilize him.

Personally, I wish that they would remake the prequels before delving into that territory. But, one way or another Darth Vader will be involved in future films.

8. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel Modercreeper Is Always Watching star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm all for a Boba Fett movie in the vein of "The Man With No Name" trilogy. Hell, they could do a great Yojimbo/Fett movie like they did with "A Fistful of Dollars". As far as a Han movie is concerned............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................casting.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  9. Death T

Death T Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    I think a Yoda film could work. Since he's CGI and everything there's no need to worry about who to cast, he's pretty mysterious, and there's a lot of time to work with since he's so old. Then again, he's really not main character material. A Han Solo movie is a hit or miss of course. The script and the actor would make the movie, and if it turns out to be awesome I would be ecstatic. I don't care much for Fett either but if they did a good job on it then that'd be awesome. A spin off movie featuring a character like Fett or Han Solo after Revenge of the Sith could be really great. Or they could suck. I'm interested in the between ROTS & ANH origins movies they could make.

10. Sith_Knight087

Sith_Knight087 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    It would end up confusing a lot of people as well I bet http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/17963771.jpg

Darth_Corvus likes this.
  11. Death T

Death T Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    Huh?

12. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    The only way to do a Han movie, imo, is a all CGI film with Harrison Fords likeness, and a voice actor who can do a hell of an impression.

13. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    "Jango Uncloned" :cool:

14. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    That just doesn't sound... profitable.

15. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Fett walking/flying around blasting people would be profitable, that is his job after all

Bad_Feeling and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  16. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Deadline, perhaps the best and most legitimate entertainment website, confirms that all this talk of young Han Solo, Fett, and Yoda are simply rumors, "nothing is set in stone." Right now, as we can imagine, tons of ideas are being tossed around, no doubt ones involving the after mention trio of characters. Deadline's Lucasfilm/Disney source says:

http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/sta...t-yet-disney-still-just-kicking-around-ideas/

17. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    please no. As little CGI as possible. Take notes. The prequels were lifeless plastic thingies since the actors never left the green room. The LotR movies and the hobbit actually made most of the sets and actually traveled to locations. It shows

18. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel Modercreeper Is Always Watching star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Oh sure, I'm just speaking hypothetically about what I'd go see. I'd probably be in the theater alone loving every minute. :)

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  19. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    This is the most fundamentally sad and depressing cultural news I've heard in a long long while.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm not saying this as a prequel fan (even though I love them) but I don't see any way Disney/LFL will remake the prequels. George Lucas isn't going to sell his life's work to a company that is then going to disregard the story that he told and I'm pretty sure he would demand clauses in the contract that would protect his story. It is not a very good business move either since the prequels have a whole generation of fans and it is much smarter to create new films which will create new fans than it is to alienate a whole section of your fanbase.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  21. Iefan

Iefan Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 31, 2013
    Are they going to conflicted with the EU lore? Sigh, I'd be really upset if they disregarded it.

22. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Rumor or not, if they're going to do spin-off films, which they already said they were, then a Han Solo movie is a sure thing. As is a Boba Fett movie.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  23. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    I'm just in a place where I don't see Disney spending Thor or Captain America sized budgets on Han and Boba movies. If they're doing a Boba movie, wouldn't it have to be a lower budget, Judge Dredd style affair? Who's the intended audience for these? Are we getting a tween-ish Han, to make him more accessible?

Too many questions.

24. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    The movies and TCW already disregard it, nothing new there.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  25. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Why? I mean, they're going to, but who cares if there's more than one fictional story for a fictional character? Star Wars isn't the real world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.