main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Jango Fett's Death was a bit silly?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by jnrssa, Feb 6, 2013.

1. jnrssa

jnrssa Jedi Padawan

Jan 29, 2013
    was watching attack of the clones recently and I just think how jango fett died was a bit silly, does anyone else agree? As a skilled bounty hunter with super armour could he not have had a better fight and demise; like maybe using his jetpack and attacking mace windu from above with missiles?, not shooting at him multiple times with a blaster while he's running towards him? one would think if the first and second shots were deflected so would the next few so he wouldn't of stood there and waited for mace to slice his head off?.

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Windu has The Force above and beyond most Jedi. jango's death was both cool and appropriate for Jango messed with the wrong badass.

3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In Shatterpoint, not knowing Mace's role in it, a kid says to him "No way could a Jedi kill Jango in a fair fight. That Jedi must have cheated."

4. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    No. Boba's death was silly, in my opinion. Jango's...not so much.

Err...if you watch the scene, Jango tries to take off, but his jetpack is damaged when he's attacked by the beast that Anakin, Padmé, and Obi-Wan were riding earlier -- the reek. He kills it with one shot and then Mace Windu charges him and blocks his blaster bolts. Jango tries to get his jetpack working, but it just sparks and short-circuits. There wasn't much he could do at that point.

And anyway, better to be killed by Mace Windu than an inattentive blind man.

Sorry for all the Boba comparisons, but his popularity (and Jango's relative lack of fans) has always puzzled me. Plus, if we're talking about silly deaths, well...for me, Boba's is up there.

QuangoFett, eht13, Paparazzo and 3 others like this.
  5. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    If you pay attention, you will see that he did try to use it, but it was damaged.

ILNP likes this.
  6. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    He gets dropped into the Sarlacc a second time, in a crashing Jawa sandcrawler, in Marvel Star Wars.

7. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Boba Fett's Sarlaac death was agreeably "silly". But I hold no maker of film to make sure every fan fav has an appropriate death. Just because you are cool does not mean you get a cool death or success or whatever.

FRAGWAGON, Count Yubnub and PiettsHat like this.
  8. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    getting killed by the top swordsman of the Jedi vs being beaten by a blind guy with a stick

hmm

I think I know which is more ludicrous

EvilQ likes this.
  9. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I think the Reek, Nexu and Acklay's death are more silly/underwhelming then Jango's.

Paparazzo and Sitara like this.
  10. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Which was probably why Dark Empire brought him back.

He's not the only one to escape the Sarlacc- it found Zorba the Hutt (Jabba's dad) indigestible as well, in the Glove of Darth Vader series, and spat him out.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  11. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    I tend not to go with EU,

so I respectfully disagree that he survived

to me he died:

as silly as his death was

Sitara likes this.
  12. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I do not begrudge that Boba lived, but I did not like any of the writing concerning him after it. If he make sit to the new films I will be happy if they just make it good.

13. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Lucas actually said in the RoTJ commentary that he considered including a shot of Boba crawling out of the Sarlacc- but decided it would be a distraction.

14. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    well, then Lucas must be content with some think he died

(especially the casual viewer)

if this was not his intention then he should've shown this shot.

He didn't therefor to me he died

Sitara likes this.
  15. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    "Deleted scenes are G-canon unless explicitly contradicted".

The scene of Boba was filmed- but deleted, for one of the late versions of RoTJ- possibly the DVD version.

16. jnrssa

jnrssa Jedi Padawan

Jan 29, 2013
    talking about deleted deaths, shaak ti on rots? deleted scene shows her killed by grevious however in the movie shes fighting vader on the hologram obi wan sees but dies years later when fighting starkiller? can anyone clear this up for me? cheers

17. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    That falls under the "unless explicitly contradicted" clause.

windu4 and rumsmuggler like this.
  18. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    how conveniant.

Sitara likes this.
  19. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    It's not me making it up:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon

G-canon is George Lucas Canon; the six Episodes and any statements by George Lucas (including unpublished production notes from him or his production department that are never seen by the public). Elements originating with Lucas in the movie novelizations, reference books, and other sources are also G-canon, though anything created by the authors of those sources is C-canon. When the matter of changes between movie versions arises, the most recently released editions are deemed superior to older ones, as they correct mistakes, improve consistency between the two trilogies, and express Lucas's current vision of the Star Wars universe most closely. The deleted scenes included on the DVDs are also considered G-canon (when they're not in conflict with the movie).

20. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    I wasn't saying you were

I'm saying it's convenient there was such a clause (unless otherwise contradicted)

it speaks volumes,

anyway, we're way off topic

21. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I would say Jango put up a reasonable amount of fight. Not as much as vs Obi-Wan- but Mace is a much more experienced Jedi.

22. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No, he didn't.

Sitara likes this.
  23. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    He said something similar at least

24. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I'll concede I don't have the commentary to hand myself- but other people have quoted it:

"I had contemplated putting that extra shot in where he climbs out of the hole, but it doesn't quite fit in the end."

25. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    that could be translated as

"I had no idea how popular he was, wish I didn't kill him off now"

but that's just cynical

right?