main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor 'Star Wars' spin-offs: A young Han Solo movie, and a Boba Fett film -- EXCLUSIVE

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Krueger, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    I just keep hearing stuff like "oh it should be like Sergio Leone," but in my head I'm picturing Liam Hensworth or Andrew Garfield wearing a black vest and quipping about the Kessel Run.

EDIT: meanwhile, people are talking about CGI-ing a young Han. Well that's not something you'd want in a lower Dredd-style budget.

2. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
    would be really weird for me to see another actor besides HF play Solo...Its not like Han was in his late 40-50s in the OT....he was still relatively young there

3. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Why the smiley face?

It's not funny that the EU is bashed all the time (especially on this forum). Though maybe you don't think so, the EU is heavily important for Star Wars.

Now lets say the EU didn't exist. No star wars material between ROTJ and TPM, and none between the prequel movie days, and none after ROTS (also mean no TCW, or no future possible live action series)

The star wars franchise would not be as popular and more bland. The EU has EXPANDED an existing universe, and made it more rich.

Without it, much of the greatness of star wars would be lost.

So i think its sad that so many people bash the EU, even though the EU helps to keep star wars alive.

Besides, if it wasn't for the EU, the films (AoTC contradicting some of ANH) would have contradicted themselves.

GunganSlayer likes this.
  4. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    CGI Han is not gunna happen. 1) Because it would be WAY too hard to do. CGIing a 60 year old to maybe around 40s is one thing but a 70 year old to mid-late 20s is a WHOLE other. Do we really want a Han solo who looks plastic and we all know is really a 70 year old? Nah. and 2) I doubt Harrison would want to do it.
    I'm more concerned with who might play Han over the crazy idea that Harrison might try to play a 20 year old version of himself.

5. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    Maybe we'll get to see these disintegrations after all.

6. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Peace man, I'm on your side. I'm an EU fan. The smiley face was just because, this argument happens around here everyday. It's a recurring theme. If you can't laugh about it then you'll just be upset all of the time.

Sith_Knight087 likes this.
  7. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Sorry my bad :(

What i said, sure didn't come out being very nice.

8. Sith_Knight087

Sith_Knight087 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    I couldn't of put it any better myself.^:)^

9. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    It's cool, man. I get fired up about the EU too. Hopefully we're worried over nothing.

10. Dark-Vador1138

Dark-Vador1138 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004

this guy could totally pull off being a young harrison ford, check out his channel, he did some other cool impressions of harrison from a bunch of other movies!

11. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I'd say the Bradley Cooper rumour has just got a huge bump in the believability stakes - I'd say he's nailed on for the Han spin off.

12. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
  13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Han Solo movie, framing device set post ROTJ, lots of flashbacks, flick ends with Harrsion Ford Solo showdown paying off a specific beat set up earlier in the storyline going throughout his life.

14. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I reserve (most) judgment, but it is gimmicky and unsettling. This type of spinoff or origin series makes sense for superhero franchises--the X Men, Avengers, etc. It seems weird and out of place in a multi-generational space opera that has always been structured in the form of trilogies. My thought right now: the Han Solo film could be an unmitigated disaster (re-casting the Harrison Ford role alone) and I could care less about Boba Fett. For one, we already know his origin story (and it isn't that great to begin with.) I really don't care to know what he was up to between AOTC and TESB. That really brings me to the final point (which is an issue I have with the PT)--why do we need every character explained and every origin explored? Frankly, I'm content not knowing every detail. This obsession with telling the backstories is really analogous to the individuals who feel compelled to detail what they had for breakfast on Facebook and Twitter. It's overindulgent and a bore. Having said all of that, I'll keep a (somewhat) open mind.

15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I like the idea of including Ford in the Solo origins flick, hopefully somewhat active / entire chunk of 3rd act, would keep it from being "all flashback, all the time".

16. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Are you going to post that in every thread now?

Count Yubnub likes this.
  17. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    There are multiple threads dealing with the same exact issue--I wouldn't want any reader to be deprived of my insight & analysis.

Count Yubnub, BigAl6ft6 and LawJedi like this.
  18. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Oy, now there's the possibility of sequels to the spinoff movies. Star Wars: Origins: Han Solo 2 :rolleyes:

19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    It's more Star Wars, people! More Star Wars is never, ever, ever bad. Even when it's bad, it's still Star Wars and therefore awesome! Hell, I'd even go see a theatrical remastering of the Holiday Special. It's Star Wars!

20. mglover92

mglover92 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    Disney really needs to slow down. focus on one thing, not all 3 at the same time..

21. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    I'd see that if it were a Rifftrax Live.

22. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    "Just when you thought we were telling the truth the first time...PSYCHE!"

LawJedi likes this.
  23. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Meh.

I was warming up to a Yoda story. I dunno why, but this news kinda bums me out. I mean, origin stories for both of the seedier characters of the universe. I know, I know....Han turned the corner. I am sure there are some intriguing stories, including Jabba being back, but I'd rather it be a Yoda and Boba Fett set of movies. That would be cool.

unless they plan on fleshing out Han Solo, prior to the end of the STs.

24. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    I can think of at least three examples of More Star Wars being a bad thing.

25. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Somehow I think you aren't going to say the Black Fleet Crisis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.