main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Confirmed. Disney To Release Additional Films Based On ‘Star Wars’ Characters

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Vastor, Feb 5, 2013.

?

Want to see character from movies or EU

1. Movies

59 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. Movies and EU.

156 vote(s)
    67.5%
  3. EU only

16 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Thank god, I thought it was just me.

Chels and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  2. Tibanna Gas Mine

Tibanna Gas Mine Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    Give me a Tauntaun movie.

Pro Scoundrel and FRAGWAGON like this.
  3. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Cantina band VH1 "where are they now" episode...or "behind the music". I use to play that song when I was with my girlfriend doing private things. She thought it was weird. Looking back....I see her point.

4. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

Palpatine is very worthy of back story spin-off(s). I can't quite believe that I hadn't thought of that before now.

5. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Are people aware of the Prequel Trilogy? We have the backstory to Anakin/Vader and Palpatine. What are you asking for, the backstory to the backstory?

V-2 likes this.
  6. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Let me try my hand at these first:

-Cad Bane, I love him and it could work brilliantly. Or there is a movie with him as the main antagonist.
    -Hondo, not on his own, but they could do some great things with the Weequay, et al pirates in film.
    -Thrawn, again not on his own, but what about an animated Thrawn trilogy?
    -Mara Jada, I want her as a supporting character.
    -Mace Windu, could work well.
    -Darth Maul, could work well if done correctly.
    -Quinlan Vos, perhaps.
    -Cronal, interesting character, but I don't think a lead.
    -Finis Valorum, this would be dull in my opinion.
    -Darth Vader, I imagine we're getting this, but I hope they are careful with it.
    -Gilad Pallaeon, I wouldn't find that too exciting.
    -Kyle Katarn, a fanboy favorite and perhaps a good EU target for his own film.
    -Mon Mothma, sounds dull to me.
    -Darth Bane trilogy, could work well. Again, they could animate and if done right they could nail it.
    -Darth Plagueis, I'd love it.
    -Qui-Gon Jinn, I don't see him as a leading man, but it might be able to work.
    -Darth Tenebreous, I think you can get too far off track really quickly.
    -Darth Vectivus, see above.
    -D'Harhan, an interesting character, but I'm not sure he has enough to carry his own film.
    -Kuat of Kuat, dull in my opinion.
    -Wilhulm Tarkin, not seeing it as exciting either.
    -Xamuel Lennox, Xim the Despot, Rahm Kota, Admiral Trench, I just think you have to reach too far when you are giving this class of character a film.

Look at Marvel, the A-listers got films. Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man. Hawkeye and Black Widow didn't (yet) because they are B-listers. As much as you and I might like to see Cad Bane and Hondo on the silver screen (though in my case probably not as leading men), will the general public?

V-2, Cad Carnage and LawJedi like this.
  7. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    Ya I recently read a book that went into his life, it was extremely well done and I kinda fell in love with him, in a heterosexual boy crush kinda way. He was even a pod racer like that one guy with the mask. Killed his parents, was good with the ladies and all sorts of dark side stuff. It would also be cool to do a story of his whole life where they end up telling the Star Wars saga through the eyes of Palpatine. Somewhat how they told the story of The Wizard Of OZ through the eyes of the Wicked Witch with the book and play "Wicked". If Disney steals this idea I need royalties.

8. Julius Vernon

Nov 7, 2012
    Okay, now that I have addressed the OP, can I present an idea to people?

How about instead of a fest of spin-offs featuring single characters we see great stories that center around groups of characters?

Much of the EU is based on great stories (admittedly not all are great, but some are pretty good) that happen to have characters we know, not tributes to single characters who've somehow "earned" that right.

Pro Scoundrel and V-2 like this.
  9. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    Yes actually! I think there is a tremendous amount of story (or backstory) to tell about Vader in between 3-4. Also, a Palpatine backstory about how he became a Sith which included his master Darth Plagueis and his apprentice Darth Maul could be mind blowing.

Chels and Darth kRud like this.
  10. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    You could make a Jango spin-off with Cad Bane as the antagonist.

Julius Vernon likes this.
  11. Darth Sone

Darth Sone Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    Didn't the media release say that the spin-off movies would not be centred around characters in the main saga?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  12. Anakin's Daddy

Aug 13, 2002
    I think this will happen though. For Example, The Han Solo film could also include, Chewie, Lando, Boba Fett, Jabba and many others. The Darth Vader film would also have Palpatine and Boba Fett. Come to think of it there could be many character crossovers.

13. Darth Sone

Darth Sone Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    Kitster.

FRAGWAGON and JediKnightOB1 like this.
  14. Julius Vernon

Nov 7, 2012
    That's actually not a bad idea at all. I think things with Mandalorians could work nicely.

Addendum: May I suggest that if we do get a Jango spin-off with Cad Bane as the antagonist that Cad Carnage get a cameo?

Cad Carnage likes this.
  15. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    "Gungan Apocalypse". I heard the new film has an hour long scene where they torture Jar Jar and make him confess that he sucks just before they cut off his head with a rusty spoon. Even though Palpatine was from Naboo he shoulda utilized the whole death star thing to fix the Gungan problem once and for all.

16. Julius Vernon

Nov 7, 2012
    And if we go that route without an "origin" story for everyone then it's probably much better. But I also don't want to see the "time Bossk and Captain Rex met." Not every character needs to interact with every other character (something the PT did to an extent and something a lot of posters have been suggesting for these films).

V-2 likes this.
  17. Cad Carnage

Jan 22, 2013
    :D I'll drink to that.

Julius Vernon likes this.
  18. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Consider we may need spinoffs to counterbalance Jar Jar's predilection for "the mystery box". Episode VII will reveal nothing but mysteries if he has his way. And I'm not saying he's wrong for that but that is his approach.

19. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Obviously we need this
    [​IMG]

20. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    They've got about 700 years of time where they could do something on Yoda.

Lord Optimus, Eryndil and V-2 like this.
  21. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    This is a preview of the new film where Jango Fett is at a cantina on Mandalor.

FRAGWAGON and V-2 like this.
  22. Anakin's Daddy

Aug 13, 2002
    Absolutely. When too many characters meet it is just stupid. Yoda meeting Chewbacca for example.

23. Julius Vernon

Nov 7, 2012
    I didn't want to point that one out, but...

I like your idea of characters who naturally meet. I hope these are done well and not presented just as a simple money grab.

24. Cad Carnage

Jan 22, 2013
    Most people don't want to see a Yoda origin movie and I don't blame them, but I'd like to see a movie where he is a Jedi Master in his prime. You wouldn't have to know what planet he's from or what his species is, leave those things a mystery.

Maybe it could show how he became Grand Master, did the Grand Master before him simply die of natural causes, or was Yoda the better Jedi for the job?

The backwards talk doesn't bother me at all.

Lord Optimus and Julius Vernon like this.
  25. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    Cad Bane and Hondo are better off appearing in a Jango Fett film first. While they're both popular with fans of TCW, not everyone watches that show and Jango has already proven to be popular with general audiences. A Jango movie would also be a great way to finally see Aurra Sing in live action as well as a return by Zam Wesell. Maybe even throw Embo in there?

I'd love to see Darth Maul, Palpatine and Darth Vader get their own movies. I think some of the other characters mentioned like Darth Plagueis, Chancellor Valorum, Mon Mothma and Tarkin could easily be incorperated into those three solo films, as well as others such as Mother Talzin and Bail Organa.

Qui-Gon Jinn could work as a solo movie. An origin story could be good, but I'd also like to see another adventure with Obi-Wan as well. Maybe covering their mission mentioned in TCW where they were assigned to protect Satine during the Mandalorian civil war?

Animated Thrawn Trilogy sounds awesome. I'm not opposed to *some* EU stories getting adapted on screen, as long as they seriously tidy up Leia's character. The very idea that Leia becomes Chief of State in her early 30s and is essentially pushed into the background while Luke and Han are still center of attention - then becomes some badass Jedi Knight going off on all kinds of adventures in her 60s when the next generation should really be taking over the story at this point - is ridiculous. The two roles really need to be switched the other way around.