main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 5 [[(major spoilers & video clips!!!)]]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Sep 2, 2012.

1. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I think it would of been nice to have Rex co-star in this arc. Lots of interesting things they could of done there, especially after the Umbara arc.

Sgt Crowfield and Seerow like this.
  2. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    To be fair we are talking about the same guardians, who have no problems with slavery or using a genetically engineered people for use as cannon fodder in a war :)

3. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Seconded :)

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Personally I think they need to do an arc with Rex major co-staring with Ahsoka. Its been a long time since the two have really interacted on screen and depending on what they do with order 66 if TCW goes into it would be nice to see more of their friendship again. Fives could tag along. Five is really the wild card in anything. And I'm also interested in what a clone would think if he walked up to that imagine of his helmet with a big red 'no' sign on it. Think about what Rex said in "The Deserter" to Cut, what he said at the end of Carnage, and what it would be like to see that.

5. SpecialOpsUnit

Sep 1, 2007
    If you pause at 1:17/1:18ish you see a new clone commander beside the shock troopers shooting. A new design we haven't seen yet either.

rumblewagon and Seerow like this.
  6. SpecialOpsUnit

Sep 1, 2007
    That would be nice, ever since Season 3 the clones and the war itself has taken a backseat. They are starting to run out of time as well, so many other ideas like CIS "heroes"(battlefield ones), CIS Council, more clone stories and countless other stories they can tell but they decide to do 4 episodes of droids in the freakin desert.

It's about time they get back to the war.

AkashKedavra_93 and Seerow like this.
  7. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, be fair - they care about slavery, they're just "constrained by law."

It sort of (gulps, not meaning to start a war here) equates to those who honestly believe guns are too loosely controlled leading to too many innocents lives lost thinking it would be best to remove guns from American culture but don't follow through because it's illegal to confiscate/destroy said weapons.

Or PETA, if they truly believed in their views enough to do what they "had to do" and searched out homes to "liberate" all the captive pets and did the same with zoos.

There are tons of real world examples - individual, organizational and government level of an individual/group believing something is morally wrong and not doing anything because they can't or the backlash consequences would make things worse.

I really really don't want to bring in the closest thing in our world to the Jedi Order so I won't, but I'm not ignoring those examples; I am treading carefully.

cwustudent and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Ahsoka and Rex have no really spoken to one another since "Brain Invaders" despite sharing screen since then. I still find that almost insane. One more reason I think Wolffe is more important to Ahsoka's destiny. He doesn't give a crap about her and the tiny bit of interaction in "Escape From Kadavo " was more than she has had with Rex in 3 seasons or so. I agree there is a ton of stuff that needs to be covered SpecialOpsUnit;

9. Starwarsartist

Starwarsartist Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2013
    Can someone please upload it to YouTube? that would be extremely helpful.

10. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Wonder when we'll see Cody again?

11. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Someone uploaded it on youtube.
    For you non-american chaps :)

12. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Thanks for the link Ibonek.

And wow!! The talk a temple attack, Tarkin and a "Jedi on the run" theme had me interested in this arc for awhile, but that trailer has blown it up to Mauldalore levels of anticipation. Looks like it's going to be great!

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I think we can expects more Cody in the future. Dave Filoni talked about him and order 66 in a recent interview.

I just noticed the big clone statues. I had to pause it for a second because I could't tell if it was a statue or one really close in the foreground creeping around with Ahsoka.

14. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    One word: Sith. These are likely a tradition born out of the Jedi Civil War or the New Sith Wars.

Edit:I just watche dthe trailer: are they actually going to kill Ahsoka? The trailers seems to hint that.... :D Either that, or she is assigned to another Jedi.

Also, what's going on here?
    [​IMG]

Edit two: Oh sweet Waru, they had better not Knight her!

15. Starwarsartist

Starwarsartist Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2013
    Wow, this looks so cool! Does Ahsoka Force push Anakin at around 1:25?

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Wow, that trailer, wow this Arc is gonna be awesome

17. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    That scene looks like Anakin and Asajj having a rematch. Perhaps this will be the end of the Hairless Harpy.

Clone statues in front of what might be the Republic military HQ. This could be the building through which Tarkin walks, flanked by a pair of clone shocktroopers. Judging by the Death Star/Rishi listening outpost interior design of the large room where Ahsoka faces the digitised image of Palpatine and Anakin stands accompanied by a pair of Jedi security guards, this building might also be where Ahsoka faces a military tribunal. Ahsoka perching on the head of a clone statue outside this building might indicate that she escapes right after her trial.

It's interesting that the clones are honoured with this sort of monumental architecture. However, this pedestalisation of the Grand Army as an institution and the ideal of the clone trooper might not translate to good treatment of the clones themselves. Glorification of armed forces and military service IRL does not necessarily lead to amelioration of the welfare of soldiers.

This is where Rex and his insights gained from Cut might be beneficial, if these themes are touched on.

18. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Except their not constrained by Law when doing other things like mind manipulation or thinking of a coup to take control of the govt.

Also the Jedi had already overthrew the Slave Empire of the evil Cat people so liberating more should not be a stretch.

Gun's are a weapons and pets are merely domesticated animals, you cannot compare them. Actual people suffering in horror and servitude should be something that the Guardians of Truth and Justice should be working to overthrow.

19. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    After watching that finale trailer, this arc has legendary written all over it.

20. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Hate to spoil it for you but if Ahsoka is killed off it probably wouldn't happen until the final episode of the series.

21. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    Unfortunately the same cannot be said for Ventress. :(

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    So many thoughts on stuff...

I'm not so sure about Ahsoka's escape. Maybe Ahsoka will escape right after or somehow during. I'm not quite sure where Anakin stands with Ahsoka but I can't imagine that he's just going to assume Ahsoka murdered anyone. Its possible Ventress will disrupt Ashoka's trial but more likely that Anakin will set her up with an escape route in secret. Given how mature Ahsoka is in recent memory I just don't think she's real likely to whip out her sabers and start taking everyone down. She'd almost certainly die if she tried. I also can't imagine the Jedi are real likely to execute one of their own like that. The Republic perhaps can condone capital punishment but that seems like anything but the Jedi way. If there was a Jedi who just went nuts and started murdering fellow Jedi and got the body count to 100 I don't think they'd send the guy to sit in Ol' Sparky if he was caught alive. Its going to be interesting to see how she gets away. She reminds me of Demona from Gargoyle's perching on roof top statues. She just needs some glowing magenta eyes.

Well, there are few statues of regular soldiers not tied to an icon like raising the American flag on Mt Suribachi. I've seen countless soldiers memorized as names on walls nobody. Rightfully puts WW2 vets up as heroes. Doesn't give my WW2 vet grandfather much. It doesn't do much to make help soldiers returning home now get the respect and treatment they deserve. Its kind of surprising to me clones would get that much.

This arc screams for Rex and his experiences really. Its not just about the slavery issue. I don't think Rex really sees things that way. He's starting to wake up from the maze of lies. This is the tazer. He's been fighting hard, a part of the most important moment of the history of the Republic. Fighting for their children. Then he walks out and sees his helmet on a cardboard sign with a big red no sign over it? That's where Cut's words during the scene when they are playing the game start to echo. That's going to hurt.. That's really going to hurt a guy starting to lose faith in it all. Then on top of that you got the young Padawan, Rex has worked with many times, said he trusted her with his life in the Citadel arc declared a traitor. Another Jedi traitor. Rex just dealt with a traitor. The blood is on his hands from the brothers that traitor trick him into killing. What does he think?

Alas, this will likely be a missed opportunity and we'll just see him on screen only cool for two minutes with a jetpack and you know what I'll take it. Rex with a jetpack is badass. It'll be enough to just watch him kick a little ass before the season ends.

QuangoFett and rumblewagon like this.
  23. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    And I thought the last 3 episodes were epic...WOW!! Why can;t the show always be this good? Get rid of all the filler!!

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  24. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Great trailer except for the end

Anakin talking about Jedi who disappoint us, then it breaks out into the Imperial March, it's almost like they know he is going to become Darth Vader :rolleyes:

25. kryptonjedi

kryptonjedi Jedi Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    I wonder how many lasting consequences the events occurring in this arc will affect the rest of the series. Does anybody think Palpatine is directly involved in the attack on the temple?