main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Well, sometimes even I am afraid of me ^^.

2. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
  3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
  4. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Don't forget the Clones they've developed! We need to see what happens to good old Captain Rex, and also Fives, last of the Dominos who have been with us for 5 seasons.

I know they've left the Mandalore story in upheaval so they should return to that with Bo Katan. Finally, Filoni promised they'd resolve Boba's coming of age/armor/Slave 1 with Cad Bane as a key figure. Other than that, you're right, they can wrap those up and the ones you mentioned in a Season or two, and it would be satisfying.

laloga, Sgt Crowfield and Seerow like this.
  5. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Well, I'm sure Bo will get at least a little more development next season, and I have no doubt that Rex will have his story resolved in the final arc.

In all seriousness, there aren't as many loose ends as before now that Mandalore has cleaned some stuff up. Biggest character stories that need resolution of some sort before the show ends would be... Maul, Talzin, Ashoka, Bo, Rex, Ventress, Fives (though him being regulated to a scene or two during order 66 is a likely outcome if he survives), Cad Bane, and Boba on some level. Some of them really should die, some of them should not and could just continue being used in future EU material. Either way, we're probably in the war's final year (if not the last 6 months), the show's gotta start heading towards the Outer Rim Sieges and Ep III territory at some point soon.

6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Until the show is over I'm going to treat TCW show like its on a floating timeline since we really don't know how close we are to the end of it.

Darth Ibonek likes this.
  7. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I'll take a censored Clone Wars on Disney over no Clone Wars at all. Plus we'd get uncensored Blu-rays probably...

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    If that's how it has to be...

9. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    I read on the wiki that in "Eminence" when Savage kills the Black Sun leaders, it'll show the decapitations.

*wiggles in giddiness*

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Awesome.

Dear Dave,

Can you include a cut that shows blood in "Bound for Rescue" when Grievous is tearing up clones?

Love,
    Seerow

11. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    I also read this but wasn't sure what to think of it...I don't have cable to watch it on CN when it airs - instead I have the iTunes season pass and watch it sunday morning - You would think that the iTunes versions wouldn't be censored and would be the same as the Blu-Ray versions of the episodes (not counting director's cuts). But there was nothing explicit in that scene on the iTunes version which made me doubt the validity of it being on the Blu-ray...

does anyone have itunes versions of other seasons that can say if they represent the broadcast, censored versions or not? For instance, is Colt's "death kiss" censored on the iTunes version of that episode? I know its not on the Blu-ray....

It just seems that if you're paying the price of the blu-ray and you get to keep the episodes, they would upload the uncensored, same-as-blu-ray versions...

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Actually Colt's kiss in on the season 3 Blu-ray Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes. Its possible this info on seeing decapitations is actually director's cuts like the S4 blu-ray has. Krell's rampage is very slightly extended and slightly more brutal than on the aired version of Carnage. Who knows, maybe CN did cut it up a little.

13. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    sorry...bad syntax - "I know its not *censored* on the Blu-ray." was what I meant...

It just has me wondering since there's no source on the wook page from where this information about them actually having a more explicit scene to reveal came from...

14. Darthgoodguy

Darthgoodguy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    Gonna re-post from another thread.

Okay, speculation time. I'm wondering if the one doing the bombing is..........................................................Anakin. Just let the implications of THAT one sink in!

15. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Colt's "death kiss" is also censored on the iTunes version.

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Anakinn bombs the temple and sets up his own Padawan? Was he just pissed off about the Twlight and put it in Obi-wan's locker thinking it would be a funny practical joke?

17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Uhh no

18. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Ok, i've been obsessing about the lack of Season 6 announcement... there is another danger beyond Disney censorship which may be causing the delay:
    - What if Disney is wanting to take creative control over the direction of the Clone Wars stories, and Star Wars animated stories in general? Not for censorship reasons but for marketing reasons. They may demand to create stories that THEY think will be more successful with their target demographics.
    - That could be unfortunate for the various Clone Wars episodes that are in various stages of development from script, to concept, to animation IF Disney wants to take things in a different direction. It could be that they want different Clone Wars stories, OR that they want to create an animated show completely separated from the Clone Wars universe.
    - The situation with CANCELLING the 3D releases is what partially scares me here. If they are changing strategy for the films, they could do that for animation also.

If they decide to cut off the pipeline of episodes in development, they may just send the ones that were already or mostly complete direct to DVD. I am mostly unfamiliar with the animated direct to DVD market, do we know how shows end up being marketed that way?

InterestingLurker likes this.
  19. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I don't think the sale is going to affect TCW all that much. The same people are still at Lucasfilm, the show has been one of Cartoon Network's most successful shows ever, so I would imagine the same will be the case when it moves to Disney. They already have however many episodes produced. Disney didn't make its 2012-2013 lineup announcement until last March, so I wouldn't panic yet.

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yes, Disney censors Gargoyles, Digimon and Naruto. However, oh man, looks like Seerow is gonna talk about Power Rangers again...

Its not much of a comparison but for what its worth when Disney got Fox Family Worldwide they became the reluctant owners of the Power Rangers franchise
    and despite fears the series would be canceled to the point the head writer at the time wrote a version of what would become Power Rangers: Ninja Storm as a finale. That didn't happen because Disney promptly fired them and switched production companies (then changed back the next season). There is a ton of undeserved hate for Disney from that fanbase, it wasn't legit until Disney bought Marvel and lost interest. However Disney turned out to be a gracious host in earliest years and gave it a bigger production budget and produced several great seasons. Really the franchise was better under Disney. DinoThunder, SPD, and especially the post apocalyptic RPM were three of the darkest seasons to date. Power Rangers: Samurai with Saban back at the reigns was the worst season ever and dumbed down even for Power Rangers.

I have had my reservations but been avoiding full on panic mode and telling folks not to panic. I don't think TCW is in danger of cancellation like Avengers Earth's mightiest since they own the production company. I think the bigger concern is the idea Disney has both Marvel and Star Wars because they are looking to gain a much larger young boy audience and increase attendance to the parks for older guests. Disney World does lose alot of its magic after you hit 16.

Barriss_Coffee and cwustudent like this.
  21. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Seerow , The thing that has been bothering me is Filoni's continued refusal to answer whether they are coming back next season. By itself its typical corporate secrecy, but he keeps changing the subject to the "future in movies" and Episode 7, and how exciting that is. It's like he doesn't want people to focus on the Clone Wars, and why would that be?

In the IGN article he does this and then he makes an ambiguous reference to being a fan and having to wait YEARS AND YEARS to see a Star Wars movie come out. It almost implies that they have come up with all these additional Clone Wars episodes, but that they may sit on the shelf indefinitely like the Live Action show! Read through this and tell me if you get the same impression:

IGN: So any hints about when we might catch up with these Sith guys on the show?
    Filoni: You know, I can’t really say. All I can say is we’ve given a lot of thought, the question of what’s motivating all of this. Why did Maul come back? What’s motivating that? Why is Sidious keeping him alive, if he is… What’s motivating that? These are things that we actually looked at and asked ourselves going into the future of the show. This is the hard part for the fans, but they do have answers. It’s just one of those things, right? George says, “Years and years ago, I wrote so many episodes of Star Wars, and I only did the middle part.” Then he comes out and says, “No, there’s never going to be a seven, eight and nine.” Now, J.J. Abrams is actually directing seven, so it certainly looks like there’s a seven, eight and nine. Of course there are stories that explain all of this about Clone Wars. It’s just a matter of time, which is the fan’s great enemy. I remember -- I’m sure you had this experience when you were old enough to realize that the prequels were going to get made -- I hated traveling by plane during that time period. I was like, “Man, I’ve got to make sure I’m around to see these movies! I don’t want to just see Episode I and Episode II! If I don’t get to see Episode III that would suck!” That’s why I think Kyle [Newman]’s movie Fanboys lands with so many fans. “Oh, yeah! That was a legitimate concern!”

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Nah, I can't panic. I'm afraid I'll get trolled back with the "OMG ONOZ" gif. =b

Its not impossible TCW will take a longer than expected break. Again I'll refer back to Power Rangers since that's the only other show I've follow that was acquired by Disney in mid run and continued. Keeping in mind Disney doesn't like being partial owners of anything when with Star Wars they own the whole farm. PR took a year off between Wild Force which was kinda in the middle and Ninja Storm which was the first season under Disney. It actually changed between ABC Family and Toon Disney for the following season.

Filoni typically hints about future episodes, he tells us there are future episodes that answer these questions. Its a cryptic answer that reminds me of when Fives was asked about at the end of season 4 and Dave required, "Patience". He just said it in alot more words. Filoni tends to be wordy in interviews. I to am bothered by the fact there hasn't been much commenting on the series actually moving. However on the other hand folks keep telling us the Clovis arc is in season will return in season 6, implying season 6 will air at some point. We've even had Tweets about the creation of the end game. The show will go on. I can see where there show might take a year off. Perhaps Disney has plans for launching another TV Network we don't know about the TCW will be a part of. I've heard rumors before the Disney was looking at rebranding ABC Family or possibly creating a new network equiv to Teen Nick. That sounds scary... but. I dunno. I say we wait for SWW which starts Memorial Day weekend before we panic. It makes sense to me that's when we might get a major announcement. In years past Disney promoted a competing channel with "Behind the Force"

23. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    OK, I appreciate the sound historical perspective Seerow amongst the OMG ONOZ I am eminating! :p To be clear though... if they took a freaking year off TCW, it would be stupid. It's already a bit tough when they took 3 years to resolve the Mandalore/Satine storyline-- which isn't actually resolved completely-- with only little snippets of story along the way. Granted, i was really happy with the results, but I can imagine there are viewers who have no clue who Satine is 3 years later either because they don't remember or never saw the S2 episodes.

Its precarious enough timing-wise that they are running this ROTS-prequel show 8 years after the movie was in theaters! Let's get these stories resolved I say!

24. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    I do want the show to reach an end in a reasonable amount of time...

But I will be 'pissed' if they either do not resolve the Maul/Talzin arc, the show is outright cancelled, or season 6 is delayed a full year due to the disney mess. Really, really pissed.

Having said that, I find it rather unlikely. Switching channels isn't all that complex a matter. There is no reason this shouldn't be sorted out by next fall, just in time for the next airing.

The ambiguity of things is starting to bother me, though. It will be sheer torture if after this arc they go dead silent about season 6's airing. Oh well, at the latest, we'll have news by European Celebration II?

25. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    ... that I can't attend even though it's just around the corner *grumble*.
    I'm still *very* afraid they might cancel the show on short notice before season 6. On the other hand, I'm *very* afraid they might finish the series indeed and kill off Rex in the process. And on yet another hand, I'm actually looking forward to just that.

I'm a perv, kind of.