main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Confirmed. Disney To Release Additional Films Based On ‘Star Wars’ Characters

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Vastor, Feb 5, 2013.

?

Want to see character from movies or EU

1. Movies

59 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. Movies and EU.

156 vote(s)
    67.5%
  3. EU only

16 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Zane the Reaper

Zane the Reaper Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    I was thinking that ... the "count" is probably more of a ratio.

2. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    It's funny, we all just sort of repeat each other. But, yeah whatever they said ^^

3. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    The risk you take is dilution of Star Wars, and at worst, supersaturation. This can happen even if each and every one of the 5 SW movies a year is good. I had this same fear when Disney acquired Pixar and fortunately that hasn't happened.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. newforce

newforce Jedi Padawan

Jan 31, 2013
    I was watching taken 2 the other day, and please while Liam can still be a kick ass fighter in movies do a qui gon spin off. I loved the character and I think he would be open to it. Also a obi wan movie with Ewen would be cool too

Veloz likes this.
  5. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    If any EU is made into a movie, please, let it be TTT.

6. Master Aizakku Rorensu

Master Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    It may be blasphemy to some (and I grew up with the Original Trilogy, saw Star Wars in the theater at 7 in '77, blah, blah, blah... ), but to me, Ewan McGregor is more Obi-Wan Kenobi to me than Alec Guinness.

Ewan McGregor's portrayal/interpretation is what comes to mind whenever I think of Obi-Wan Kenobi.

And I think it would be cool too to see an Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan Kenobi movie. I guess it would have to be set entirely on Tatooine though, so that kind of limits what you can do. But you could throw EU people a bone and have A'Sharad Hett appear...

7. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    An idea that would work nicely to tie the “Old Republic” era together with the PT/OT saga would be a Darth Bane story, given the importance of the Rule of Two in the overall saga.

Granted, a villain-protagonist movie might be a hard sell, so if they were to shift the focus a bit towards the Army of Light, I think it might work.

Plus an army of red lightsaber slingers vs. an army of not-red lightsaber slingers? *nerdgasm*

8. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    All i know is i would love to see Mara on the big screen
    [​IMG]

Zane the Reaper and Cad Carnage like this.
  9. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Jar Jar movie plz.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I am really hoping for a well animated trilogy. It would be fantastic and wouldn't require awkward recasting.

11. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Reactions in red.

V-2 likes this.
  12. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'll take anything, whether it be live or animated. But I prefer live.

13. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I don't think they will make 5 movies a year; I think one new movie per year (and eventually the live action TV) is not oversaturation.

The SW galaxy is pretty vast. I think they can make some movies that are way off the trail of what you normally get sometimes, which will prevent the brand from being stale and overdone. The live action series is like that, a more adult type story; I don't know how good the stories are, but that is the kind of ideas they should go with.

14. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I personally think that any standalone movies that come out whilst the ST is in motion could completely undermine the ST. The ST should be left completely alone. The standalone movies should begin once the new trilogy is done.

V-2 likes this.
  15. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm actually really excited about the spinoff movies more so than Ep VII. For better or worse, the PT was more of a Vader spinoff movie than a prequel to the story of the rebellion and how they beat the empire. I'm looking forward to the actual prequel to the story of the OT and the back stories to some of the other characters more than I am looking forward to the SW 7 version of "How I met your mother: Skywalker Edition" . Now that I think about it, I don't know that I'd be heartbroken if they dropped 7 altogether... So I guess I kind of agree with, or at least am an example that makes what Krueger just above me said true...

16. Julius Vernon

Nov 7, 2012
    If they're set in different periods I don't think they will completely undermine it, but it is going to be rather distracting.

17. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I want someone to make more "Hitler Reacts to Disney's Plans for the Star Wars Franchise" videos for YouTube. There haven't been any really good ones yet.

18. YodaDooDahDay

YodaDooDahDay Jedi Padawan star 3

Jul 20, 2010
    I'm just glad to see Disney is so "focused 100 percent" on making Episode VII that they have no time for ANYthing else. [face_liarliar]

19. Julius Vernon

Nov 7, 2012
    This is what I am truly hoping for. As you say, if they diversify we won't get stale

Lee_ likes this.
  20. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    This is Disney though. They're huge. This isn't George and his assistant wandering around the library of Skywalker doing research. This is an army.

Lee_ likes this.
  21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I would absolutely love a Darth Bane trilogy and I think they could definitely make it work with him as the main protagonist. I love a great anti-hero. The Godfather films are some of my favorite of all time. Michael Corleone would be a total sadistic ***hole in real life but in the films I for the most part sympathize with him. I could see a Darth Bane trilogy work on that type of level if well done. It also has great relevance to the overall saga so I hope they consider it.

newforce and Julius Vernon like this.
  22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Well they have a Hulk.

Sorry couldn't resist.

dolphin, Graphic and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  23. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    to really get an idea of what is going to happen, you need to watch this.

24. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    "I have a Droid Army"

"We have Jar Jar Binks"

... :_|

25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    There there.