main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor John Noble to play villian?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by SoWizard, Feb 6, 2013.

1. SoWizard

SoWizard Jedi Master star 1

Nov 20, 2012
    This may be huge news but may also just be a load of bantha fodder. Regardless, it's news, so here it is!

Article: http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00057731.html

As the news surrounding Disney/LucasFilm's "Star Wars" standalone film projects makes headlines everywhere, a potentially big scoop about "Star Wars Episode 7" casting also makes its round online. Rumor has it, the highly-anticipated movie to be helmed by J.J. Abrams has eyed an actor to tackle its villainous role.

Comic Book Movie finds that during a morning radio show on Fox FM in Melbourne, Australia, the hosts allegedly spilled that Australian actor John Noblewas up to play the "Episode 7" villain. The host called Jo reportedly said that she "has it on very good authority that Aussie actor John Noble will be appearing as the villain."

The other host, called Matt, queried Jo's statement, but she reportedly remained adamant. She claimed that the casting rumor was definitely for "Episode 7" and not for the standalone projects. The rumor is surely still far from being fixed as the studio hasn't said anything about the casting and the plot for the new trilogy.

Noble himself is actually not a stranger to working with J.J. Abrams. The two have teamed up for Abrams' TV show "Fringe". The actor won several supporting actor awards for his role as Walter Bishop a.k.a Walternate for the Fox hit show.

Along with a new "Star Wars" trilogy, Disney/LucasFilm are developing an untitled Stand-Alone Star Wars film, which reportedly will focus on young Han Solo and Boba Fett. Entertainment Weekly broke the news, stating that the Han Solo saga would take place "in the time period between Revenge of the Sith and the first Star Wars," now known as A New Hope.

The Boba Fett story, on the other hand, would be set either "between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, or between Empire and Jedi, where the bounty hunter was last seen plunging unceremoniously into a sarlacc pit."

yggdrasil311 likes this.
  2. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Well, someone is reading the TFN forums then.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  3. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
  4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I would be ecstatic to see John Noble as a villain. Although I couldn't imagine him playing anything but a sith, really...And I was (perhaps foolishly) hoping that maybe we won't have more Sith in Ep VII, instead something fresh and new. Unless it was some kind of Sith uprising, like dark force users that were loyal to Sidious or something...I don't know.

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  5. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    Lock the thread, and hope they don't have blasters.

6. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Isn't that other thread for actors who have expressed their interest in being in the films, not scoops about actors who may actually be in them? Maybe there needs to be two catch-all threads.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Hey! I heard Chloe Moretz would be badazz in Episode VII!!!!!

Count Yubnub likes this.
  8. darthtuttle

Apr 2, 2004
    There was already a John Noble thread. The moderators seem to be loser on actor threads when there is a serious chance that they will be in the film, and not just want to.

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Oh, so now the Mods are losers for being lenient with unoriginal, redundant threads...?

eht13 likes this.
  10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I heard from somewhere that some guy by the name of J.J. Abrams was directing.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  11. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 21, 1999
    John Noble would be AWESOME. I'm currently watching the whole Fringe series back-to-back for the first time, and think he'd be perfect for it. Very excited if this is true. Very excited indeed.

12. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    One of the most memorable actors from a trilogy filled with only memorable actors. Awesome in Fringe too, the few episodes I've seen.

13. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I'm not a fan of fringe, but that certainly isn't Noble's fault. He has a great demeanor and a voice that was meant for acting. He could be awesome as a villain of just about any type.

14. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    but... WILL THEY BE ANY GOOD? [face_plain]

15. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Anyway, people keep saying he's great in "Fringe"--but I haven't seen that. I have seen him in "Return of the King," and I thought he was godawful in that.

Admittedly that may have more to do with how that role was written than with his acting abilities, I don't know. [face_dunno]

LawJedi likes this.
  16. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm not a fan of fridge either, especially when the mayo turns purple.

17. SoWizard

SoWizard Jedi Master star 1

Nov 20, 2012
    Dammit guys. Sorry that I didn't look at every thread, this felt like pretty big news and I felt like it belonged in the Star Wars Episode VII section. I'm a terrible person for trying to feed a bunch of hungry Star Wars fans information that they may or may not have.

I'll just be more productive and start making Jar Jar troll posts or something.

Lock it up, it won't hurt my feelings.

18. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Liv Tyler and Orlando Bloom truly are the definition of memorable.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  19. Sith_Knight087

Sith_Knight087 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2012
  20. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I can see John Noble as a Jedi Master who was once an apprentice of Luke's and is now a colleague, or (more likely) a failed apprentice who became a Sith. I thought he was great in RotK, it was the character itself that wasn't great, but he did what he could with it.

21. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    I was thinking more about Ian McKellen, Viggo Mortensen, Brad Dourif, Christopher Lee, John Rhys-Davies, Bernard Hill, Hugo Weaving, Elijah Wood, Sean Astin, Cate Blanchett, Ian Holm and Sean Bean.

22. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Who weren't the "only" actors on the screen. Semantics. :p

23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    They should just get the LOTR cast for Episode VII.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  24. darthtuttle

Apr 2, 2004
    I meant looser.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  25. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    [face_praying]Please not a force user... Please!!! [face_praying]