main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion The Music

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by SithLord_1270, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    I didn't know if I should put this here or in the music forum or what.

But one thing that concerns me is the music. Are they going to get John Williams to do the music? SW music has its own feel that when you hear it says Star Wars.

But if he doesn't want to score the new films or Disney stupidly doesn't want to use him, then what? Who could replace him? Who else could write a score that could do SW justice?

Mav Edit: There is already a thread on music for E7 and even if you are meaning for the spin offs, at this point in time, that could also be discussed in that thread. You can find it HERE. Also, there is a Likelyhood of Williams Scoring Debate thread.

2. Master Aizakku Rorensu

Master Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    They'll of course use the Main Title. If Leia's in it they'll no doubt use Princess Leia's Theme. I don't think there's really any question that any and all familiar music will be in the new movies.

As for John Williams, he'll be 81 tomorrow (February 8th), so would he even want to do the score to any of the new movies?

Michael Giacchino is the guess of most, I imagine, given his relationship with J.J. Abrams, and with Disney. And if he's tapped to do it, I'm sure he'll be great, and I'm sure it'll sound like Star Wars.

Jobertus likes this.
  3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Nah they're just going to have some guy play the kazoo the whole entire time.

4. SithLord_1270

Nov 5, 2008
    That's my fear.lol

5. SithLord_1270

Nov 5, 2008
    Did he do the score for ST? I hated the music for that. Liked the movie though.

6. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I hope John Williams is asked to score the ST and that he is up to doing it, but if either of these two things don't happen then Michael Giacchino would be an excellent choice to do the score based on LOST alone.

7. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012

8. Master Aizakku Rorensu

Master Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    Yeah, he did.

But, y'know, it's Star Trek, so... :cool:

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I would love it if the new film actually used that exact score for a pivotal scene.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  10. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I would too actually. Completely surprise the audience.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    ST and ST are very confusing, you know?

I concur. That would be epic!

I think John Williams would be up for it. He just recently composed the score for Lincoln and he's definitely not retired like a lot of people seem to think. If GL asks him to do it I think he would. I really don't care to hear another persons take on the Star Wars score; I want the real thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.