main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I used to replay XWA every couple years, but it's been a dog's age at this point.

2. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    Especially given the double-bladed sabers, Jedi Shadows, perhaps? Some kind of elite Temple guard, if nothing else.

3. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I dun get it.

Personally, I can't help but think they are jedi shadows. But maybe that is because I always pictured Shadows as being vaguely ninja like.
    Edit: I agree R_Zion.

Some other interesting screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    Nothing 1984 going on here. Not at all.

[​IMG]
    Yeah, Juggernaughts. Those have been criminally underused.

Also, maybe it is just the lighting, but I think that warship is imperial gunmetal gray instead or republic red and white.

Overall: really makes me think of Republic Commando.

darthzac14, DarkEagle and Iron_lord like this.
  4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Big Palpatine is watching you ;)

COMPNOR likes this.
  5. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    My first thought was "Jedi Temple Training Droids", but who knows.

6. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    That is why you fail. </Yoda voice>

7. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Wow, the Republic's changing fast. Every shot of Coruscant in that trailer screams Empire, right down to Palpatine sitting in his throne flanked by royal guards. The shot of the military converging around the red flags was especially powerful. I have a feeling Palpatine's going to make a major power grab in this arc.

8. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Huh, Tarkin's at the Jedi funeral.

"There are going to be Jedi who disappoint us".... Not quite sure how to take that; a Jedi goes dark/rogue and they go after them:confused:

9. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Didn't you guys see the other preview?

A Jedi who hates the Clone Wars turns traitor, resulting in the explosion... or at least that's the official story that Anakin and Ahsoka are going on when they start this story, anyways.

Though it seems like Ahsoka will be framed.

Ventress is also involved somehow.

I'm sure the arc will end on at least one "happy" note, with the result being that the Jedi stay on in the military despite public outcry... of course, anyone who's seen ROTS should know that this will be the Jedi's downfall.

10. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    So Ahsoka is blamed for...whatever, excommunicated, and hooks up with Ventress.
    Right? Just my read, but it seems pretty clear to me.

11. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Yeah, pretty much. I would probably phrase it differently, though... :p

I'm interested. TCW always has cool trailers, but after the Maul arc, I'm hopeful about this arc.

12. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Is that Palpatine, in his Chancellor clothes, being attacked by a Jedi with a blue lightsaber at the end, then going all ninja on him? At 1:27-1:29 ? (you can see part of it if your mouse hovers over 1:28)

It sure looks like it. Gray hair, the reptillian black leather outfit that Palpatine wore at the begnning of ROTS.... looks like the Jedi with a Blue Lightsaber attacks him, then Palpatine goes sideways and swings around to knock the Jedi out.

THAT guy with the blue lightsaber is probably the Jedi Traitor, who planted the explosion... they did say he was disillusioned with the war and thought it was meaninless... he must have discovered Palpatine's true identity!

13. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I think that's Anakin and Asajj.

14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Since when does Assaj have short, gray hair?

EDIT: Nevermind, it is her... :(

15. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Don't go in LACWAC. Most of the plot's been revealed in detail, including characters who die.

And yeah, your outline's correct.

CooperTFN likes this.
  16. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Anyone who's already died? [face_shhh]

Malachi108 likes this.
  17. Danz Borin

Danz Borin Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 16, 2012
    So Asoka gets excomm'd and goes on the lam with Ventress and gets to escape Order 66.... ....nice. Ugh.

18. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    20 credits says Anakin wraps Ventress in electrical cables and throws her off the side of a Coruscant skyscraper.

19. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Republic credits are no good out here. I need something more real.

20. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    I'm also willing to gamble with spice, adegan crystals and whaladon meat. Take your pick. :p

21. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't know about the specifics of the cables, but if they were to end Ventress' series presence with an Anakin duel on Coruscant resulting in ambiguous "death," that would go a long way with patching up what's left of Obsession.

22. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    While the Jedi will remain involved in military affairs, if I recall correctly, their role will be diminished as the future Moffs like Tarkin begin gaining power and influence over military affairs. This actually fits with previously established canon very, very well, which states that it was exactly that which happened (The galactic senate was made irrelevant by laws which actually gave control of the galaxy to regional governors, even before the Jedi fell). Remember, the Empire did not suddenly arise overnight. By the time we reach Episode III, the Republic is the Empire in all but name. Imperial Commanders like Tarkin and Yularren gain greater influence over military affairs, while political power is increasingly concentrated in the center. More to the point, this arc shows us that public opinion of the jedi was also shifting against them, making the seemingly sudden outcome of order 66 seem far less sudden. Palpatine may have pulled out the rug from under the Jedi by ep 3, but he had been slowly reaching in to grab the rug for a very long time. I look forward to seeing this demonstrated onscreen.

TheRedBlade and Arawn_Fenn like this.
  23. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Well Tarkin was a Moff in RotS, I feel at the end of this season we'll have Moff Tarkin.

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    So according to our Canadian friends in LACWAC who've already seen tomorrow's episode, we get a cameo appearance by Cin Drallig of all people.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  25. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Q -- TOS says that it's a 4 part finale. Does that mean that we'll be getting the finale over the next 4 weeks, or will we be getting a whole ton of stuff tomorrow?