main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 5 [[(major spoilers & video clips!!!)]]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    What I miss it went from 210 to 218.

2. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    I'm literally so confused about this whole Ahsoka/Ventress team up. If there supposed to make a deal and be friends then why does it look like they have a really epic duel with fire and Ahsoka trying to stab her. Will it be a confrontational thing as soon as they see each other sort of thing and they'll realise that they're not actually they're to stop each other or something? I noticed that in the scene where Ahsoka is pinned down with Ventress on top of her, its after the train scene where Ahsoka attacks the guards so maybe it's a set up to make it look like Asajj has been given a bounty for Ahsoka? So confusing :(

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Trailer, bro:

Zabrak 2 likes this.
  4. herp_derp

herp_derp Jedi Padawan

Nov 9, 2011
    its Anakin, while I was grabbing screen shots there's a couple of frames where hes wearing a hooded robe. then Ventress kicks him into that wall Xena style.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    And I find this a major plus that the team up is so confusing, its going to make the episode way fun to watch. Even with the spoilers we got its hard to put everything together in this arc. The Ahsoka vs. Ventress duel looks really cool none the less and I like fire even though that's very cliche at that point. I'm thinking Ahsoka and Ventress will be confrontational with one another. I'm really curious about who Ventress will be working for if anyone and what her motives will be. Will Anakin call a Bounty Hunter and its just happens to be Ventress who shows up? That's very lucky. I'm not sure Bane will fulfill his obligations when met with Ahsoka. I predict they'll be like best buds by the end of the arc. <<;

rumblewagon and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  6. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Thanks! I see that now. Now I wonder if Ahsoka will act on that advice from her "future" self in this arc, or remain stubbornly loyal to Anakin.

7. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    The trailer is now up in HD on youtube on the official star wars channel in full OAR.

Notice the last shot of Ahsoka looking up into the sky, she has tears forming in her left eye. I think I'm gonna find this arc to be heart wrenching for her.. and me too hahahaha.

8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I can't tell if there are tears @1:46 but she does look sad. Who else is predicting a cliff hanger for season 5?

cwustudent and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  9. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I wondered that today. It wouldn't bother me.

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'd like a really good cliff hanger,

11. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    Just had a thought!!!

Here I've been watching these shots since the Season 5 trailer first came out thinking, "Someone hires Ventress to catch/kill Ahsoka." With her being a bounty hunter and having the best shot against a Jedi like her - that seemed like an obvious assumption to make (could still prove to be false but i think its safe to say that it makes the most sense). I've been thinking all along that it was Sidious or someone hired by Sidious who hires Ventress to kill Ahsoka as a means of advancing Anakin's fall to the dark side by facilitating the death of his Padawan. BUT....and here's the new thought - Mace makes that odd comment about Anakin not being able to do what's necessary and considering the nature of the titles and what we can glean from TV listings plot lines for this arc, what's necessary is most likely referring to either A) catching Ahsoka in order to bring justice for her "crimes" or B) killing Ahsoka because she is too dangerous and has become "a very great threat," as a great man would once say about his former apprentice.

So MAYBE, the Jedi Council actually hires Ventress to track down and catch Ahsoka because they can't trust Anakin to do it. This would hold HUGE implications for Anakin's shifting view of the Council. Not only are they going after his Padawan for a crime she didn't commit, they're actually sending a former Sith assassin, turned bounty hunter after her because they can't trust Anakin to do what they have told him to do. Obi-wan's view of Ventress may have slightly changed as her character arc did, but there's nothing to suggest that Anakin's view has - he still sees her as a representation of everything the Jedi are against and here the Council is not only turning to her and TRUSTING HER, they're doing so as an alternative to trusting HIM.....heavy.

EDIT: I realize there's the question of "why would the Jedi council hire a bounty hunter when they could just assign a Jedi to the task but there are so many ways Filoni and crew could come up with an excuse for this - perhaps they can't spare the man power away from the war effort, perhaps the temple bombing has implications that suggest the only Jedi who could feasibly be given the task is Anakin...there is definitely a way to write in plausible reason that they can't assign another Jedi to a task that they've already assigned to Anakin, so they choose something a bit more subtle and hire Ventress...

Thoughts?

12. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

I would hope Filoni and crew wouldn't have the Jedi Council do such a thing, and I think we can rule it out based on the trailer; we see Anakin and Plo Koon running around with the red shock troopers on Coruscant, presumably in pursuit of Ahsoka. We also see those same clone troopers having their weapons cut from their hands by Ventress, implying that Ventress is acting as a third party in all this, both against the fugitive Ahsoka but also not with the official Republic pursuing forces.

13. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    During the Young Jedi arc, Ahsoka would have been sold to a mysterious buyer. Maybe that person is still interested?

14. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    That trailer is kinda epic. I like the way that Republic base (or whatever) looks like- or is it the Republic/Imperial palace or something? Courtroom(or something) with Palpatine as a judge is also pretty great (much like I imagined Republic courts to look like) But I wonder what Ahsoka is going to do to be in such a poor situation.

Paparazzo and Seerow like this.
  15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That's a cool theory Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes. I like it. Plausible whoever was interested in buying Ahsoka could send Ventress. however I'm not finding that real likely. I'm also not entirely sure the Jedi council would hire Ventress even if they lack man power, that just seems incredible low. I mean Obi-wan did the faking his death thing but... and I really hope Obi-wan would not be behind something like that. There are scenes from the old season 5 trailer of Anakin and Plo tracking what I assume to be Coruscant on screen. Really how would anyone in the council know how to contact Ventress? Palp probably knows where she is on the other hand.

My theory is that the republic will put a bounty out on Ahsoka's head and Ventress will come to collect it. Ventress will have a moment of heart and start helping Ahsoka to escape off of Coruscant. I think that this arc will end with the kind of cliff hanger where we won't know where Ahsoka is going and will have ended up when season 6 starts. She'll still be a fugitive wanted dead. Anakin will believe Ahsoka the whole way through. I think Plo could go either way. I mean if Plo can think lil 'Soka is a murder then its plain to see why there is a schism between Anakin and the council. Everyone is apparently full of crap and Plo already has stepped on Anakin's toes two or three times. Watch Anakin have a nervous breakdown end of arc. He would also be hurting having failed to clear Ahsoka's name and seemingly lost her. It may be Ahsoka's death will be faked in her escape even.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  16. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Gotta say, another winning trailer from the TCW team, but we all know what happened with the Boba Fett arc in S2, didn't we? ;)

Looks very promising though. In some ways, more of what I imagined the PT to be about.

17. thank

thank Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 8, 2013
    Oooh, it's not Coleman Kcaj, it's a weequay jedi

18. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    This

The Anakin Skywalker in this is certainly more the guy talked about in the OT rather than that other guy called Anakin from the PT.

19. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    It makes me a bit sad the Anakin portrayed in TCW is so much superior to the movie version.

20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Sora Bulq?!?:D[face_praying]

Garth Maul likes this.
  21. Darth_Cronos

Darth_Cronos Jedi Knight

Nov 7, 2009
    they'll fix it the PT special editions...[face_rofl]

fett 4 likes this.
  22. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh god no. :(

23. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Be "funny" if Anakin's line to Ahsoka: "There'll be Jedi that will disappoint us" is referring to either Obi-Wan or Plo.

24. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    But what if there's a cliffhanger and it's in the style of CSI with Laurence Fishburne's last episode then the next season just told the audience what happened with Ted Danson in charge.. It'll be like a month or two before RotS and nobody mentions anything..

25. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Eh? Don't watch CSI so your reference is over my head - i.e. meaningless to me - please expand.