main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Confirmed. Disney To Release Additional Films Based On ‘Star Wars’ Characters

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Vastor, Feb 5, 2013.

?

Want to see character from movies or EU

1. Movies

59 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. Movies and EU.

156 vote(s)
    67.5%
  3. EU only

16 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Disney are not making these movies, Lucasfilm is and they aren't exactly an army.

Disney gets royalties from everything, that is all they do other than maybe stump up cash for budgets.

2. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Or better yet, a film where they are both working together on a mission.

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Make a Boba film where he has to claim the title of Best in the Galaxy from Bane.

4. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Ah yes, it could take place during the Imperial Era between Episode III and VI(assuming Bane survives past the Clone Wars, which he should). Aurra Sing and Embo could be supporting characters.

Cad Carnage and Graphic like this.
  5. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    I'd pay to see that as well.

6. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I am sure they COULD hire an army though; especially with Disney backing them. They could bring a lot of people on board to make different movies; SW movies have a rather high credit rating, right? I am sure Disney is not going to protest making more SW movies; that would just further promote the Wal-Mart toy section that they are profiting so much from.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  7. SaucySarlaac

SaucySarlaac Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2012
    I would love to see a Sith movie, i.e Sidious, Ian is still good to go and with maybe Plagueis... or a Kenobi spin off with Ewan again, he will have aged nicely too!

8. Angel Eyes

Angel Eyes Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Now that ain't so bad is it? : ) id say your pretty close. Loose one spinoff movie in that time span and your set. Looking at a movie every year and a half. Works for me. Boba Fett very likely given that Morrison is available as is Daniel Logan. Boy wouldn't that be perfect. Maul movie not likely. Yoda maybe. Or a post Ep III Vader Jedi purge. Ooo. That would make for a dark movie.

9. Angel Eyes

Angel Eyes Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Holy crap this is exciting stuff. No way they put out more than 1 movie every year and a half. Personally I'm tired of waiting 10 d@mn years to see a SW movie. As long as the story stays good and it doesn't totally become a hack job I'm cool. They can cram a 7 Samurai Jedi movie into the mix any time they want. Yes please and thank you mam.

Dra--- likes this.
  10. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I would prefer avoiding the Vong... and doing anything with her in say 19 ABY or later would be problematic due to recasting Luke... same with doing the Thrawn Trilogy as a live action set of films... BUT!

Mara Jade is a mostly independent agent between 9 ABY and 19 ABY, she only gets dragged into every other crisis and we no almost nothing about what she was doing during that time period. She's a background figure in the books, so she could have completely independent adventures and no one has explained how it is that Jade and Katarn ended up training each other in Mysteries of the Sith.

Doing either an Emperor's Hand movie - or - a Mara Jade movie set in the 9 - 19 ABY period could work really well.

11. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    What about Bail Organa?

That LA law guy (whatshisname) could get a role if any of these spin-offs are set between ROTS and ANH.

12. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Yes, I could see a Rebel Alliance origins story with him.

13. wookiebk

wookiebk Jedi Padawan

May 6, 2004
    **** you not, disney will call of dutitize star wars by outsourcing to multiple studios to churn films out every year.

14. Master Aizakku Rorensu

Master Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    I've always wanted to see Alderaan. The brief glimpse we got at the end of Revenge of the Sith was incredibly cool.

Could they do a Princess Leia movie? I know I'd go see it.

Wait, what am I thinking? A "princess" movie and Disney. Of course they can do a Princess Leia movie. :cool:

15. Darthgoodguy

Darthgoodguy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    I still rent DVDs. I also own a fair amount of DVDs, Blu-Rays of my essential films and iTunes versions of the shows that get the most play (I'm looking at you, Clone Wars). Speaking of which....................

Ahsoka Tano: The Movie. Come on baby! :)

Chels and LawJedi like this.
  16. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Now THAT is something I would like to see. A Movie that has Kyle Katarn, Mara Jade and Dromund Kaas. There is no way that could go wrong.

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  17. janstett

janstett Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2004

Yes, terrible... As in imagine the worst, stupidest things they could do. Maul's upper torso somehow gets grafted onto a spider (!!!) and he goes insane. Later he gets robot legs.

Who thought this was a good idea? Why do we have to resurrect a clearly dead character, are we that bankrupt of ideas? That's why I cringe over Boba Fett surviving the Sarlaac.

18. janstett

janstett Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2004
    Well we waited from 1983-1999 for TPM, and....

KilroyMcFadden and Graphic like this.
  19. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    So long as they don't remake the OT in 100% CG, I'll be happy. Probably.

20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Too late! I texted Kennedy your idea, and they're going through with it.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  21. stellarmagic01

Nov 1, 2012
    He survives... he's in the Detours trailer.

22. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Detours doesn't count, does it?

23. stellarmagic01

Nov 1, 2012
    I wouldn't count it as canon... but it is set in the Imperial Era, so him being in the ads suggests that he lives through the Clone Wars.

24. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02...on-star-wars-episode-vii-and-standalone-films

Thought this was a bit of an interesting article, and probably fits best on this thread. What really intrigued me the most is that Kasdan was approached last Fall about being involved in all of this. Sounds like our guesses were right in assuming this had been discussed with folks for a long while. Nothing earth shattering in the interview, but still pretty neat.

25. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    I like it, would also love to see Embo.

After the death of Jango, Bane became the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy. Now that Boba is old enough to wear the mandalorian armor, it's time for him to reclaim his fathers title.

Maybe at the end of the movie Vader contacts Boba and wants to hire him to hunt down some Jedi that survived Order 66, setting up a Jedi Purge movie with Vader & Boba.

Graphic likes this.