main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Ewan McGregor's Reaction to the Spin-Offs

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaucySarlaac

SaucySarlaac Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2012
    They definitely need to do an Obi-Wan spin off, that would be awesome. Obi-Wan between ROTS an ANH in some undercover missions, slaying stormtroopers and evading Vader but rousing his suspicions.

2. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    I'm up for anything Obi-Wan. I'd love to see a movie based on his life between ROTS and ANH. Or him as a force ghost... anything! I love my Kenobi :D

3. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    Ewan said "they did tell me they were going to make the new films" why would they contact him to him to tell him that, maybe to talk about being a force ghost?

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  4. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    It's possible he could be it one off the spin-offs but unlikely .

5. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    Fixed

6. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    Ewan is the man. I would absolutely love to see an Obi-Wan spin off.

Veloz, Vespasian and TreborSabreon like this.
  7. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Greatest. Interview. Of. All. Time.

8. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    He's SO into this! Surprising. "There's new news?!?!" Ha ha ha. Love it. He's relaxed so much. In an earlier interview he blurted out that he'd been following it on the 'net.

kainee, FRAGWAGON and Vespasian like this.
  9. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    I know I would. But I'd also do an Alec Guinness impression whenever I'm at the bank.

LawJedi likes this.
  10. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Thought you were gunna say this

kainee and Darth_Articulate like this.
  11. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Yep, this is actually one spin-off I could get behind. I can't wait for the Kenobi novel, either. It is a novel that's long overdue. By about twenty years.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  12. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    All I want, easy to bring him back:

[​IMG]

Perfect side-story for the Boba Fett movie, hunting the only Jedi left so he can have his revenge for his pop's being killed by a fellow brethren. Could also have interactions with Qui-Gon there.

Also, could bring Darth Maul back and also shoehorn Darth Vader into it. Technically, the whole "a presence I haven't felt since...." line by Vader could have meant another time between ROTS and ANH.

13. Pimpsy

Pimpsy Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    Well, he is growing a beard again so he must at least have a slight tinge of expectation for being in one of these new movies.

14. Master Aizakku Rorensu

Master Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    Wow, I'm surprised to see so many people like the idea of a Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan Kenobi movie.

I was thinking it would be cool, but since you probably have to have it set on Tatooine, and that would probably make it more of a quiet, meditative, introspective character piece, then that might not be what a lot of people are looking for. But I see a lot of action ideas that would work too.

And that Sideshow piece is nice. I can see a movie in that. And I'll gladly take an Obi-Wan Kenobi movie over a Boba Fett one, and that way it can get in before Ewan McGregor gets too old, and before they start doing spinoffs on the new characters.

Vespasian and yggdrasil311 like this.
  15. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    IMO, the discovery that Vader survived the events of Mustafar is too major of a revelation to be left to the books.. I'd love it if we see Obi-Wan in a Boba Fett film for a bit. Maybe Vader hires Boba Fett to track down Kenobi about 10 years before Episode IV.

yggdrasil311 likes this.
  16. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    That is actually a very good idea.

SaucySarlaac and yggdrasil311 like this.
  17. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I would.

I'm casting my vote for a Ben Kenobi picture set on Tatooine between Episodes III and IV, too. The story is crying out to be told on the big screen and Ewan is the only man alive I'd want in the lead role.

18. BOBAFLEXX

BOBAFLEXX Jedi Padawan

Jan 30, 2003
    Disney/Lucasfilm would be smart to push an Obi-Wan film to the forefront of their slate. No need to sell the audience on a new actor taking over a legendary character as would be the issue with a Han Solo film. Ewan is a fantastic actor and is a genuine fan of the series. Not to mention, he's already had three films to win over audiences in the role. IMO he was one of the brighter spots in the trilogy. Add a small role for Liam Neeson as a Force Ghost as well. There is so much potential here!

kainee, Veloz, Valairy Scot and 3 others like this.
  19. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004

That's the thing. Based only on Tattooine, so it could be a very FOCUSED character piece, perfect for showing acting range for him. I think he would hop at it in a second. He's a lone enemy of the state on the run now, (per the Empire, at least). The adventure of dodging the Empire, keeping a secret as to who he is, starting a new life and deeper spiritual decent into the Force would be very cool to see on screen.

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Actually, watch the interview closely, Kimmell lists the "A Han Solo movie a Boba Fett movie" and Ewan goes "And a..." and Kimmel goes "That's it." I'm telling you, wanting the Obi-Wan flick is on the tip of McGreggor's tounge. And Joel Edgerton has gone on to be quite an actor from his humble "I guess that makes me your step-brother" beginnings (check out "Warrior", he's great in that). I do think that this could be a Star Wars spin off that actually wouldn't have a skyrocketing budget . A smaller, introspective character piece, maybe his gaurdainship over Kid Luke falling apart with Owen, make it more like a Western flick, and you can make in some really good action scenes just by exploring the Tatooine locale alone. Hell, even the moment when Obi-Wan figures out that Anakin is still alive and he's that half man/half machine thing running around would be worth McGregor's paycheque alone. There is a whole movie there, and a chance to spin-off into something different. Hell, if I had All Dominion Over Hollywood I would get the freakin Cohen Brothers to make it with the Marching orders of "Remember True Grit? do that. With lightsabers. Kinda. Toss in a broken down robot or two. Go!"

I'm down with McGregor hologram in ST (Force Ghost would be ... odd) but, screw all that, Ewan McGreggor in "That Wizard's Just A Crazy Old Man".

Veloz, JainaSoloYJK, KevinM1 and 4 others like this.
  21. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    I don't know. Wasn't a big part of his Tattooine mission to keep a low profile?
    Adding in these adventures might seemed forced. The well here was dry to begin with.

22. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    We need a petition. I mean we can bring up the White House to discuss the Death Star, so we should handle this too!

The Sideshow Figure is awsome!

Valairy Scot likes this.
  23. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Yes it is a good idea.

24. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Agreed that an Obi-Wan movie would be awesome! Ewan haven't aged much since RotS, so it could pick up quite soon after Ep3. The film could take place over several years, with Ben (:)) looking more and more like Alec Guinness. In fact, they could probably do some CGI magic for a last scene where he looks just like Guinness did in ANH.
    Damn, we need this movie! And Ewan seems interested in doing it too.

kainee, Veloz and Vespasian like this.
  25. Vespasian

Vespasian Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    Well, he had to survive somehow. For example, he implies in Episode IV that he had trouble with the Sand People before, and that he'd been to Mos Eisley.

I agree!

As I recall from the otherwise dreadful Clone Wars movie, Obi-Wan and Jabba met before personally, though I may be wrong.

And Obi-Wan met Boba Fett in Episode II, fought his father.

Disney can even tie it with the Live Action Series which supposedly has the underworld and podracing in it.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.