main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Jango Fett's Death was a bit silly?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by jnrssa, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    She's not in the hologram. Her TFU death is a retcon of the earlier concept that she died in ROTS.

It was never shot AFAIK. When Lucas said he considered including it, that includes shooting it.

eht13 and Alexrd like this.
  2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I've seen a few claims that it was shot- but I'm guessing no deleted scenes, in the DVD or the Blu-Ray, show it.

3. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Sorry, misread your post. And yes, that quote is exactly what he said.

Not completely, since he actually said something along those lines:

"In the case of Boba Fett's death, had I known he was gonna turn into such a popular character, I probably would've made it a little bit more exciting."

He doesn't wish he hadn't killed him, but he wanted to make his death scene less "dumb".

4. Feng Shui Engine

Feng Shui Engine Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 24, 2013
    Well, you know...like father like son.

Sitara likes this.
  5. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I don't have a problem with either death.

Regardless of the EU, or whatever George Lucas has to say about it, I consider Boba dead.

6. CloneTrooperFox

CloneTrooperFox Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    Ha! That us awesome!!! :)

7. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I don't think Jango's death was silly, but I certainly think it was misplaced. I could easily see Jango given a role in Episode III. I know George wanted to make III pretty much exclusively about Anakin becoming Vader, but really, Jango making it into ROTS and dying there wouldn't have been tha distracting.

BTW, just putting this out there too: Jango>Boba

8. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    the question is earlier in the film, the Jedi council sends Obi-Wan on a mission to track down Jangot get answers, Mace should have sought to capture him, killing him prevented the Jedi from discovering Darth Tryanus which could have directly lead to the Sith master Darth Sidious plot to take over the Republic. Mace Windo threw away all the progress Obi-Wan had made when he killed Jango.

9. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Apparently he didn't know that Mace was a Jedi Master and was probably too cocky to care one way or another.

I totally agree. I thought of this when I first saw the movie. They could have learned so much from this guy. This is just another example of the Jedi being what they are in the Prequels — an arrogant, overconfident and somewhat callous order who became inept in helping solve the Republic's problems. Mace, and I'm sure most of the Jedi, probably thought they were invincible and would never be extinguished. It's like they couldn't care less of what plots were being hatched against them.

Seagoat likes this.
  10. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    My first reaction to this question: and Boba's death wasn't?

My second reaction: the same.

It's a Fett gene. Live like a badass, die like a chump.

11. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Is hitting your head on doors also genetic?

12. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    Apparently!

Or this could all be down to helmets with poor visibility -- and just cheap equipment generally. I think Boba had a sentimental attachment to his father's apparel that a quick chat with Yoda could have cured him of. "Attachment leads to jealousy, the shadow of a comical death between the sphincter muscles of a sand monster with CG tentacles in the middle of a desert, that is". Sadly, it just wasn't to be.

13. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Come on, this is MACE WINDU we're talking about. That's like saying
    Maul is reduced to a wimp in The Clone Wars 'cause he got his ass kicked by DARTH *###-ING SIDIOUS.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  14. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

No, I don't. Next question?

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  15. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Claims from who? Lucas doesn't even claim such a thing.

16. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
  17. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    She's not in the hologram but in the script it has Anakin killing her when storming the temple, which I think I would have preferred to him simply being shown killing kids

18. FARK2005

FARK2005 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm sure Mace would have tried to capture him if he didn't have a huge droid army to worry about; it was essentially a rescue-mission, but it quickly turned into a battle for survival. And even if they did capture Fett I don't think they would have gained much useful information from him. I'm also fairly certain that the Jedi quickly realised that Dooku was working for the Sith Lord - or they strongly suspected it - but that didn't lead them to Sidious anyway...

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  19. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    It sounds like a distortion/misunderstanding of the content of what Lucas said on the commentary. He only said that he considered putting the scene in, which I don't think means the same thing as saying the scene was shot.

20. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    I was quite annoyed at the fight between Jango and ObiWan. Yes Obiwan was trying to take him alive while Jango was trying to kill him AND boba helped his dad by firing starfighter grade weapons at him from Slave 1, but still: Obi Wan should have chopped off a limb of Jangos to disable him within the first minute. He was almost Jedi Master level at that time.

His Force Karate Kick was amazing though! :D

MacetheCouncillor likes this.
  21. CloneTrooperFox

CloneTrooperFox Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    Boba fett was the main reason i like the older movies! He is a complete badass!

22. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Jango Fett was just shoehorned in there for the fanboys anyway.

CloneTrooperFox likes this.
  23. Feelicks

Feelicks Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 7, 2012
    And this has any relevance to the topic, how?

24. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    All Boba really did was stand around, look cool and collect his credits. Then he was taken out by Solo.

25. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    That's what being a badass is all about.

CloneTrooperFox likes this.